chapter 196: To the Bedroom (2)

"Go get a doctor!" Wu Yanlan got back on feet and roared.

"We've sent someone to get a doctor." A maid answered.

Wu Yanlan slapped the maid fiercely, "your job is supposed to take care of your lady. Look what you did! Look at her face! That's how you do your job?! What happened?"

The maids hurriedly knelt down and cried, "we really don't know what's going on. We guarded her in and out the bedroom. And her ladyship was asleep. But she suddenly screamed."

Wu Yanlan threw a few furious kicks at the maids and then carried Wu Yanli onto the bed. But there was nothing else he could do. Wu Yanli's face was even hissing and the skin and flesh was rotten by clear liquid. Now he could even see the bone on her cheek. And her face smelt unpleasantly.

Wu Yanlan looked away and asked the maids since he had no more courage to look directly into Wu Yanli's face, "what Yanli has been eating or touching? Something unusual?"

"There is nothing unusual, just like any other time." The maid said.

"Why is her face ro...?" Wu Yanlan roared.

Speaking of which, he paused because he remembered that Wu Yanli's maid told him Wu Weixue's warning yesterday.

Could it be...?

No! It's impossible! It can't be!

They were family. Wu Weixue wouldn't do that to them.

Wu Yanlan finally managed to stop thinking that way, but soon remembered that Wu Weixue once used Facial Disfigurement Drop on other girls.

And the liquid on Wu Yanli's face looked like Facial Disfigurement Drop.

"Yanli, my daughter, what's happened?" A beautiful woman and a man rushed in.

"Mom." Wu Yanlan went to help the beautiful woman.

Song Yan, the beautiful woman, shoved Wu Yanlan away and rushed to the bed. When she saw Wu Yanli's face, she screamed and also passed out, "who, who is she?"

Wu Weichu went forward and inhaled when he saw his daughter, "is this Yanli?"

Is this woman with a rotten face his daughter?

Wu Yanlan nodded, "yes, she is Yanli."

It was a heavy blow to Song Yan's mind. If it were not for Wu Weichu who helped him, she might have fallen on the ground. She cried, "Yanli. My dear daughter, what happened to your face? Who did this horrible thing to you?"

Face meant everything to women.

Wu Weichu was furious.

Bang! He patted the table angrily into two halves.

The servants were scared to kneel down.

Wu Weichu roared, "what's wrong? Why is my daughter's face ruined? Doctor! Where is the doctor?"

"Doctor Ye is here." A guard said.

Trying to control his wrath, Wu Weichu said, "Doctor Yes, please have a look at my daughter."

Doctor Ye hurried to the bed and was shocked by how terribly Wu Yanli's face was ruined. He draw the transparent liquid with a silver needle and checked it by the candlelight, "it's poisonous liquid."

"Doctor Ye, I am not asking you to see what the liquid is. I am asking you to cure my daughter's face." Wu Weichu said heavily.

"Master, I don't what the liquid is. How can I clear the poison? I don't even know where to start." Doctor Ye said bitterly.

"At least try your best to stop the damage." Wu Weichu said, pointing at Wu Yanli's face.

"Let me try." Doctor Ye didn't take the bold action to apply medicine on Wu Yanli's face directly. He chose to absorb the liquid off from her face with a silk handkerchief. Gradually, Wu Yanli's face stopped hissing and the damage stopped spreading. "It looks similar to the symptom that a girl had. Her entire face was ruined by such kind of liquid."

He then had a closer look at the liquid on the silver needle, "it looks like the same kind of liquid but I need to doublecheck it."

The reason why Doctor Ye remembered it so clearly because it wasn't long time ago. And it was something big to attract many doctor's attention. Doctors tried their best to save those girls as a way of improving their skills.

Wu Yanlan took a deep breath and asked, "Doctor, are you sure the symptom is similar?"

Others may not know the situation but he was pretty sure who ruined those girls' faces.

Wu Weichu gave him a look.

"Yes, quite similar. I am going back to discuss with other doctors and will come back when we find an effective treatment. She mustn't take any medicine right now because we are not sure if the medicine is good for the lady's health. The worst scenario would be a severe damage."

"I will keep it in mind." Wu Weichu said.

Song Yan cried to beg the doctor, "Doctor, please save my daughter."

"I will try." Doctor Ye left quickly.

Wu Weichu told all the other people to leave but stared at Wu Yanlan, "Yanlan, do you know who ruined Yanli's face?"

"I..." Wu Yanlan didn't expect such a question.

Song Yan stopped crying and grabbed Wu Yanlan's arms, "son, you know who did it, don't you?"

"I..."

"Say the name." Song Yan cried loud.

Wu Yanlan said angrily, "I don't know who ruined Yanli's face but I know Wu Weixue once ruined those girls' faces."

"What?"

Wu Weichu and Song Yan couldn't believe what they heard.