chapter 87: A Nightmare (1)

Seeing it was Elder Qin who was responsible for running the school, the crowd hurriedly stepped aside.

Wu Zhu quickly pulled Wu Xi behind him.

As he saw that Wu Yu lying on the ground spitting blood, Elder Qin hurriedly fed him some pills. Then he looked up and roared at the crowd, “Who is it? Who hurt him in class?”

“It’s me.” Wu Zhu confessed, “Elder Qin, I beat him.”

“Wu Zhu?” Elder Qin didn’t expect that such a kind and talented student would have had a fight. But there was no time for explanation or details. Wu Yu’s face was concaved. Now the most urgent thing was to find him a physician. Therefore, Elder Qin told Wu Zhu to wait in the study and then arranged a couple of students to send Wu Yu to the physician’s and learned the situation from others before he went back to deal with Wu Zhu.

However, at such a critical time of shortage of talented Wu generation, the elders at the school wouldn’t punish heavily on Wu Zhu who had been outstanding in every aspect, in addition that it was his first time to do such a thing and that he hadn’t used spiritual power against the school rules. Besides, Wu Yu was not seriously injured. He was quickly recovered after the medical treatment from the physician. Therefore, the elders made a final decision to enhance the difficulty of Wu Zhu’s training and released him without any other forms of punishment but on reflecting on himself at home.

As Wu Zhu got back to Shiqing Yard, he saw that Wu Qianqing was standing in the yard, waiting for him.

“Dad.”

“I heard about what you did at school. Wu Yu is the bad guy, isn’t he? The reason why you didn’t tell us last night is because you presume that I would stop you, right?” Wu Qianqing asked.

“Yes.”

“You silly kid. Next time when you try to beat some, be smarter. Don’t leave any evidence to get yourself caught red-handed. You have to make people believe that you are doing the right thing to teach someone else a lesson. You are being reckless today. Although you vent out your anger for the time being, in return you get severe punishment. Do you understand what I am saying?” Wu Qianqing sighed.

“Dad, you are blaming me for beating up Wu Yu?” Wu Zhu looked at him in surprise.

“Do you think your father is such a pedantic man? How can I pretend like it’s nothing with my boy being bullied?” Wu Qianqing said heavily, face darkened.

It seemed that his easy-going and peace-making personality misled his children to think he would give up fighting and make concessions on everything. He would surely change the way he treated people, otherwise, his children wouldn’t consider him as a reliable father.

“I will take over everything from here. You’d better stay at home these days for rest. After Hungry Ghost Festival, you need to set out for your training.”

“Yes, I know.”

Wu Zhu then returned to his own yard for rest.

After Wu Yu’s family had heard of it, Ruan Lanru and Wu Anyi immediately rushed to the school to check on Wu Yu. When they got into the room, they saw Wu Yu sitting on the bed, in a daze.

“Yu, are you alright?” Ruan Lanru anxiously moved forward and stroked Wu Yu’s injured face and shoulder.

“Mom, I am fine.” Wu Yu avoided her hand.

He still couldn’t figure out how possible Wu Zhu had found out his thing with Yu Tianbao and his people.

“How dare that son of a bitch Wu Zhu hurt you? Look what he did to you! I will make him pay back.” Ruan Lanru roared.

“Yu, I told you not to get close to them. You didn’t listen to me. Now look what you’ve got.” Wu Anyi said.

“I wouldn’t gotten close to any of them if it were not for you.” Wu Yu gave him a cold look.

It appeared that Wu Xuanran was in charge of the South Courtyard. In matter of fact, they had to ask for great-grandfather’s permission if there was any important thing. The reason why the South Courtyard was in this situation was because Wu Xuanran was mediocre and incapable, although he was sometimes smart, and his spiritual power was not as good as his other brothers. There was no way great-grandfather, the founder of the Wu family, could watch South Courtyard to continue to decline. Therefore, great-grandfather would definitely choose a different man-in-charge for the South Courtyard one day in the future.

Wu Zhu and Wu Qianqing were the ideal candidates. They would probably become the chief of the entire Wu family in the future. If they couldn’t get rid of them right now, his father and big brother wouldn’t have a chance at all.

“What do you mean?” Wu Anyi asked, frowning.

Wu Yu didn’t say a word but stepped outside.

Ruan Lanru and Wu Anyi followed. On their way off the school, those passers-by pointed fingers at them.

“I told you that Wu Yu is a hypocrite. He pretends to be refined and courteous, but deep inside he is a snake, a back-stabber. We should stay away from him…”

“Tsk~ I thought Wu Yu was the only kind man in South Courtyard except those in Shuqing Yard. It turns out he is such an evil person. You really can’t judge a person from his appearance.”

Wu Anyi had never been insulted like this in his life. He couldn’t stand those people who were not even pointing fingers at him.