chapter 42: He wouldn't Please Him for Nothing

As Hei Xuanyi kept eating one after another, Wu Ruo hurriedly tried to stop him, “It’s about bedtime. Don’t eat too much. Otherwise you may feel uncomfortable. You can try one from each dish and save the rest for tomorrow.”

Hei Xuanyi put down his chopsticks after having a bite of every kind of those dim sum. Then he decided to take a rest while Wu Ruo asked Shiyuan and Shiyi to give him a massage to relax his bones and muscles.

About bedtime, Shiyuan left the room after he helped Wu Ruo take off his robe.

Instead of lying on the bed, Wu Ruo said to Hei Xuanyi who just walked in, “Allow me to take off your clothes.”

Hei Xuanyi looked at his big round belly against his and let him struggle to unbutton his robe with his fat fingers clumsily, lips slightly curled up.

Wu Ruo exhaled when he finally undressed all layers of clothes except for the last one, “I am too fat to reach your pants. You are on your own.”

After saying that, he laid down on the inner side of the bed.

Hei Xuanyi took off his pants, lay down, and said to Wu Ruo who was lying sideways, “Say it.”

There is no free lunch. So he should be asking some favor from him.

Wu Ruo’s eyes sparkled. That was what he was waiting for.

He turned over quickly and asked, “Shiyou told me that you can make magic weapons?”

He completely had no idea that Hei Xuanyi could do that in his previous life.

“Hmm.” Hei Xuanyi added as his wife complained that he didn’t talk much the other night, “Do you want me to make magic weapons for you?”

“Yes.” Wu Ruo asked excitedly, “Can you help me?”

“Sure. How many do you need?”

“A lot.” Wu Ruo felt a bit embarrassed about his own answer.

Hei Xuanyi didn’t say a word but only waited for what he was going to say next.

“I am going to use up all the materials among the betrothal presents you sent me and among those gifts you sent me the other day.” Wu Ruo then turn to lie on his back, “in case that people in Wu family are stealing them again.”

He was also planning to ask his master Shifu to make those precious medicinal materials into elixirs. 

Hei Xuanyi was surprised because he gave him quite a lot of materials among those gifts. He alone wouldn’t be able to finish making them until New Year.

Wu Ruo was worried as he didn’t say a word, “Is it too much work? If you can’t manage it by yourself, I will go get a magic weapon master to assist you.”

“I can only finish them after the New Year.” Hei Xuanyi said.

“There are still more than two months before my brother goes out for training. So it will do as long as you can finish them before he leaves.”

Hei Xuanyi said no more but placed his palm on Wu Ruo’s belly, rubbed it and transmitted a trace of spiritual power into his body.

“Thank you.” Wu Ruo thanked him awkwardly and coughed a bit unnaturally, “I heard that the drama building is torn into pieces. Did you do that?”

“Mm.” Hei Xuanyi patted him on his bouncy stomach.

Wu Ruo ignored his action and praised him, “Well done. If they dare to write scripts using our story, you can do it again.”

They crossed the line to falsify the story of them to entertain their audience. The worse thing was that it was not even close to the fact which also defamed him and Hei Xuanyi. But the thing that pleased him out of this was that the South Courtyard had to pay for rebuilding the theatre. His uncles must be unable to sleep at night because of the huge loss. It was a shame that he couldn’t do such bad things quite often, otherwise his father would get involved too.

Hei Xuanyi took his hand back and closed his eyes to sleep.

Wu Ruo turned sideways and looked at his face.

The illuminating candle fire shone on Hei Xuanyi’s face. The black scales on his face looked particularly horrible and scary. But for no reason, he just wanted to touch this face.

After staring at his face for quite a while, Wu Ruo, unintentionally, poked the scales on Hei Xuanyi’s face. The scales were hard and uncomfortable to touch.

Suddenly, Hei Xuanyi opened his eyes.

Wu Ruo was startled and hurriedly withdrew his hand and turned his back back at him.

“…” Hei Xuanyi.