chapter 114: Poor Ma'am (2)

Gazing at the direction Wu Ruo left lustfully, Ba Se said, “Yes, I do. If you help me get him, I will help you deal with the South Courtyard.” He just loved Wu Ruo’s face. He just couldn’t get him out of his mind since he saw him the first time.

“But he has been married, you know.”

“So what? I don’t care as long as I can get him.” Ba Se laughed evilly.

“All right. As long as you deal with the South Courtyard, I will do you this favor.”

Of course Wu Ruo had no idea that someone was plotting to get him. When he got back to Hei Mansion, his eyes were wide open at the sight of the ruined hall.

The hall was perfectly fine when he had left. But why did it collapse now?

“It’s great that you are back.” Hei Xin strode over.

“What happened?” Wu Ruo asked, pointing at the hall.

“…” Hei Xin wore a bitter face.

“Sister-in-law.” An earth-shattering cry interrupted Hei Xin while Hei Xuantang ran toward them and cried, “My dear sister-in-law, my dear…”

“What’s going on?” Wu Ruo was shocked by his look.

Why did he cry so miserably? What happened?

Hei Xuantang took out a white silk handkerchief from inside his chest and wiped his tears, “My big brother is dying.”

“!!!” Hei Xin.

“What?” Wu Ruo froze there and couldn’t believe what he just heard.

Hei Xuantang cried, dragging him along, “He is badly hurt and dying. You’d better go check on him.”

“What happened? He was totally fine before I left.” Wu Ruo tried to stay calm but his trembling voice sold him out.

“Not this now. You should go and see him now.”

“Where is he?” Wu Ruo asked anxiously.

“In your room.”

Wu Ruo shoveled away Hei Xuantang’s hand and dashed toward the backyard.

“…” Hei Xin asked Hei Xuantang until Wu Ruo was out of his sight, “How did I not know that his lordship is dying?”

Hei Xuantang chuckled, no single tear in his eyes at all, “Because I was lying.”

“…” Hei Xin.

Poor ladyship!

Wu Ruo ran all the way to the backyard and his heart sank when he saw Hei Xuanyi who was lying in bed, still. A fear that he had never felt in his life occupied his whole heart.

“Hei Xuanyi.”

He rushed forward and held him. It never occurred to him that he would be so scared to lose this man.

Suddenly, Wu Ruo remembered that he himself knew medical skills. He reached for Hei Xuanyi’s hand which was tucked under the quilt. He saw a long blood stain along the back of his hand.

“…” Hei Xuanyi was awakened.

He saw a sad and upset Wu Ruo the second he opened his eyes, “What’s going on?”

“Quiet.” Wu Ruo felt his pulse quickly and found it healthily steady and strong, even healthier than a normal man, nothing like a dying person at all.

“You…” He glared at Hei Xuanyi, “You big liar!”

Wu Ruo put down his hand and was about to leave.

Hei Xuanyi didn’t understand what was wrong with Wu Ruo but he grabbed his hand and pulled him into his arms, “What did I lie to you?”

Wu Ruo soon realized that Hei Xuantang was the one who tricked him as Hei Xuanyi didn’t seem to understand what was going on at all, “Your younger brother lied to me saying that you are dying.”

The moment he came home he saw a completely ruined hall and Hei Xuantang cried so sad. All of these things happening altogether disabled him to doubt it at all.

“…” Hei Xuanyi.

He just took a nap. Why did he say that he was dying?

“What’s wrong with the hall?” Wu Ruo asked.

Hei Xuanyi was speechless as to mention it, “Eggie and Jixi destroyed it.”

He could punish those two afterwards but he didn’t have the heart when he saw Eggie full of tears in his eyes. Therefore, he grounded them instead.

“…” Wu Ruo.

He shouldn’t have let Jixi in!

“What’s wrong with the wound on the back of your hand?”

Hei Xuanyi didn’t take it seriously, “I got a scratch when the hall collapsed.”

“Why didn’t you apply some medicine?” Wu Ruo pushed him away angrily and went to fetch medicine, “Your hand.”

Hei Xuanyi raised his hand obediently.

Wu Ruo’s eyelashes quivered slightly because he felt his heart hurt when he saw the cut on the back of Hei Xuanyi’s hand.

Hei Xuanyi smiled as Wu Ruo applied the medicine for him so gently as though he was afraid of hurting him a bit.

The vibe between them was so sweet and warm.

Hei Xin and Hei Xuantang who were eavesdropping outside the room smiled and turned to leave quietly.

“I told you Wu Ruo cares about my big brother.” Hei Xuantang said proudly.

“I can see that.” Hei Xin nodded smilingly.

“But they are not intimate enough.” Hei Xuantang touched his chin, “We need to try harder.”

“…” Hei Xin.