chapter 34: Wu Bufang

Wu Ruo selected a few weapon materials out from Hei Xuanyi’s gifts that Wu Bufang might use lately and went to Wu Bufang’s Bujin Yard with his father.

Wu Ruo checked Wu Qianqing’s pulse secretly while Wu Qianqing helped him walk on the way, “father, how is your spiritual land recovering?”

Wu Qianqing smiled, “I haven’t checked it yet but I have a good feeling about it lately. Give it half a month and I will be able to generate spiritual power.”

Wu Ruo was relieved because his pulse indicated that he was getting so much better and said, “Good. Xuanyi has a message for you. You can add Spirit-aggregation Herb into your bath pot. If you can’t generate your power by then, you can eat Spirit-cohesion Elixirs every day. Before you gain your power back, you’d better keep it from others that you are recovering.”

Wu Qianqing nodded and started to think if there was any tool to cover up his power.

Bujin Yard was situated in the center of Wu Mansion, surrounded by water, very quiet. In the center of Bujin Yard, there was a seven-story tower, 110 feet high. One could have a good look at the entire mansion on the top floor.

What Wu Bufang liked to do every morning was to have a bird’s eye view at the mansion he built from scratch with his own hands. His heart was full of pride at the sight of the mansion that could extend way beyond his eyesight.

When Wu Ruo and Wu Qianqing arrived Bujin Yard, they ran into Wu Bufang who just came downstairs. They immediately came forward and greeted him.

Wu Bufang’s wise eyes sparkled with joy as he saw a bundle of gifts that Wu Ruo’s servants were carrying.

Wu Ruo ordered the servants to present the gifts, “please accept my apologies that I am late to pay my visit to you after my wedding. I beg for your forgiveness, great-grandpa. ”

Wu Bufang was already 115 years old but as a cultivator he looked only in his early forties and his face was smooth except for a few wrinkles around the corner of his eyes. He didn’t look like he was over 100 at all.

Wu Bufang asked, “Ruo, why isn’t your husband coming with you?”

Wu Ruo’s smile froze there and said nothing, looking sad.

Wu Bufang sighed because he assumed that Hei Xuanyi didn’t like him, “sorry that you have to put up with him.”

Wu Qianqing was once his favorite grandson and Wu Ruo was Wu Qianqing’s son. Of course he cared about Wu Ruo in Wu Qianqing’s sake. Therefore, he felt guilty about what he was going through. If it were not for Wu Chenzi’s attention, he wouldn’t marry Wu Ruo to a man. But every time when he saw Wu Ruo’s enormous and spiritual-power-free body, he genuinely didn’t like Wu Ruo. That was why he didn’t want to see him often.

Thinking of his grandson, Wu Bufang looked at Wu Qianqing.

Wu Qianqing was the most extraordinary one among all his sons and grandsons, also once the most promising one. For many times, he had planned to train him as his heir. However, it was a pity that he lost his power at once.

Fortunately, Wu Qianqing’s eldest son was as extraordinary as him, otherwise, Wu Qianqing’s division would be hopeless.

Wu Bufang narrowed his eyes and his eyes suddenly turned sharp as if he thought of something and said calmly, “Qianqing, your father and your brother are waiting in the hall. You should go first and I will be there after I change my clothes later.”

“Yes.”