chapter 141: Someone Would Get Killed if Things Kept Going on Like This (1)

Wu Ruo asked again but his mother still refused to say anything. Perhaps his mother made an oath not to tell anyone, any breach of the oath may cause serious consequences. Therefore, he stopped prying, in case of any unaffordable consequences.

Instead, he moved onto his father. When his mother went to the kitchen for some dim sum, he took the chance to let Wu Xi and Eggie learn by themselves while he dragged Wu Qianqing into a corner.

"Father, do you know that mother's spiritual power has been sealed?"

Wu Qianqing, who was wearing a smile a second ago, now put on a serious face, "Why do you bring this up so suddenly?"

Wu Ruo pretending that he was only asking casually, "Mother told me herself but she refused to tell me how to unseal it.".

"Why to unseal? Isn't she fine this way?" Wu Qianqing said, frowning.

As Wu Ruo was going to say something, a rumbling noise sounded outside.

"The four courtyards are fighting again." Wu Qianqing sighed.

Since the Wu family moved out, unless they didn't go out, otherwise they would have big fights all the time, making the civilians in Gaoling town suffer. They could never restore the peaceful and quiet life like before and no one was responsible for the public security of the town anymore. Since no one listened to Wu Bufang now, he could only let it be.

Wu Ruo said, looking down to hide the cruelty in his eyes, "Dad, since we already moved out, we shouldn't nose into their stuff now."

What his father saw was the surface of the problem, the four courtyards were fighting each other every day. But what he didn't know was the internal conflicts within each courtyard. Since he had sent Hei Gan to harass the four courtyards, each courtyard decided to live in the same house individually. Each of them bought their neighbors' houses so that they could depend on each other. But that was where the question started.

Their original intention to live in the same house was that they could look after each other. But the reality was that they didn't compromise at all. Take the South Courtyard for example. After they moved out, Wu Xuanran was the eldest in the family and of course he should be the man in charge of all the courtyards. Pity that he was just mediocre in every aspect. On the surface his children all listened to him, but actually everyone took his words as shit behind his back. Then there appeared a problem about- thebrothers fought over the power in charge. Traditionally speaking, as the oldest brother, Wu Qianqing should take in charge while Wu Qianbin should be the most qualified one because he was more talented than his big brother in every aspect. And he was the one who could lead the South Courtyard to become great again. His big brother, of course, didn't agree. Just like that, there developed discord between brothers.

Wu Xuanran also had some tough days. No children listened to him after they moved out. His words had no power at all. Worse than that, there were so many women in the South Courtyard, which was a big problem when they gathered together. They gossiped about each other and spread the rumors around. Day after day, they held grudges against each other and had quarrels on daily basis. But they had no guts to move out because they were afraid they might get killed out there. Thus, they spent days fighting and quarreling, and hurting each other, making it impossible to go out for making a living.

Someone would get killed eventually if things kept going on like this.

Wu Ruo took Eggie back to Hei Mansion as he saw that Wu Qianqing's heart already flew out of the mansion.

The hall was still under construction. Therefore, he went back to his own room directly.

Hei Xuanyi and Hei Xuantang were sitting in the hall, both looking solemn.

Wu Ruo had never seen them like this, "What happened? Why are you both looking so serious? Is there anything bad happened?"

Hei Xuantang said, giving a look at Hei Xuanyi, "Sister-in-law, we just received the news from the clan. When I left my clan, our sworn enemy sneaked out of the clan too and we might be his target."

"Your sworn enemy?"

Wu Ruo couldn't help searching in his head if any of Hei Xuanyi's sworn enemies showed up in last life.

As he could remember, Hei Xuanyi barely left Hei Mansion except when he would go back to his clan for the New Year. Hei Xin and Hei Gan had often looked him and Hei Xuanyi with a worried look. They had sighed a lot how he and Hei Xuanyi acted like strangers.

But during those days before he had died, Hei Xuanyi suddenly became very busy. He had gone out early and returned home late every day, and every time he came back home, either his body was dusted with dirt or his robe was torn apart. Was it when his sworn enemy showed up?

Did it mean that Hei Xuanyi didn't make it to save him in time because of his sworn enemy? And so many things had changed due to his being reborn, so his enemy showed himself earlier?

Hei Xuantang wore a rare serious face, "Yes, someone sent by our sworn enemy. We have no idea who it is. So you should pay extra attention when you go out. And also remember to remind your father and others."

Wu Ruo nodded, "Is the other party very powerful?"

"If my brother is the target, he has to be very powerful."

Wu Ruo frowned. He had been worrying about his mother for that she couldn't regain her spiritual power. Now that Hei Xuanyi's sworn enemy was coming, he had to unseal his mother power.

"Let me ask you something. Do you know how to unseal one's spiritual power and cultivation?"

"Who are you talking about?" Hei Xuantang asked curiously.

Wu Ruo didn't answer.