chapter 122: 'Forgive and Forget' (2)

“Since when Wu Ruo becomes so eloquent. Even his personality has changed a lot.” Wu Anyi said heavily, face sunk.

“He becomes pretty after losing some weight, and also much more confident. I really want to kick the entire Shuqing Yard out of South Courtyard.”

Deep inside he actually wanted to kill Wu Ruo more.

Swirling the wine in the glass, Wu Anqi said, “As long as we all isolate them, we will have a chance to kick Shuqing Yard out of the Wu family.”

“Hope the day will come soon.” Wu Shi picked up his wine and tossed if off.

Wu Bai who had stayed silent for all the time moved his lips but finally decided to not say anything.

The next day, the news of Wu Ruo not saving his family spread throughout the entire Wu family. People from East and West Courtyards pointed fingers at him as long as they saw Wu Ruo, which made Wu Xi so upset. She didn’t like the feeling that her own brother was treated so unfairly.

Wu Ruo ignored the gossip and went to Zuiyue Restaurant with Wu Xi for Wu Sheng’s invitation.

The waiter led them all the way to the room that Wu Sheng had booked earlier. When the door was open, they heard laughter from Wu Sheng, Wu Xia, and Wu Xia’ friends, the same friends who played the ice racing on the Hungry Ghost Festival.

“Welcome, Ruo, Xi.” Wu Sheng said loudly as he saw Wu Ruo and Wu Xi.

Everyone looked at the doorway and stood up to give Wu Ruo and Wu Xi a warm welcome.

It made Wu Xi feel flattered. She only expected to see Wu Xia and Wu Sheng, which might be awkward. But she didn’t expect this.

Wu Ruo also felt surprised.

Everyone honored them as distinguished guests.

“Xia and Sheng told us that you became extremely good-looking after you lost some weight. We didn’t believe them at first. But now we definitely do after seeing you in person. You are so gorgeous.” Chen Hou proposed a toast to Wu Ruo, “Childe Ruo, we did a bad thing that day. It was our fault. Please forgive us for doing such a dirty thing. Bottoms up.”

He drunk it up and showed Wu Ruo the empty glass.

Wu Ruo also picked up a glass of wine and was ready to drink it up when he smelt the flower aroma in it. He paused, “What’s the wine called?”

The others looked a bit embarrassed. Chen Hou then laughed out loud, “It’s called Yuanxiang wine, one of my collections. Very tasty. You should try it.”

“Yuanxiang? I have never heard of it.” Wu Ruo’s lips curved upward, “but it smells so nice. It must be very good.”

“You bet.”

Wu Ruo drunk the whole glass, “Great. I like it.”

Wu Xi had a sip of it too and smiled, “Very nice wine.”

“You can drink more. It is not a strong liquor. You won’t get drunk.” Chen Hou said.

Wu Xi looked at Wu Ruo for permission and then started to drink.

Wu Xia’s other friends proposed a toast to Wu Ruo to apologize too.

Wu Ruo didn’t refuse them. He accepted every toast and finally put down his glass once every one proposed a toast. Then looking at everyone, he put on a big smile, “Since we are here to have dinner, we can’t spend the whole time drinking liquor, right?”

The others were astonished. They nodded and finally came to senses once they got back to their seats.

“He is really good-looking. I was fascinated by his smile. I don’t even know how I got back at my seat.” A man whispered to Chen Hou.

Chen Hou looked at Wu Ruo and had a feeling that there was something wrong with his smile. Perhaps his smile was too beautiful to be real.

“Ruo, Xia and I haven’t proposes a toast to you.” Wu Sheng said.

Wu Ruo picked up the glass again and drunk it up. Then he stood up and poured a glass of liquor for each of them, “Now that I am pouring liquor for you, it means that I don’t mind what happened the other day. You shouldn’t mention it again. We should forget it. What do you think?”

“Great.”

Everyone drunk it up.

A moment later, a waiter served the dishes in succession.

They talked and laughed together. An hour later, they had finished most of the dishes.

Wu Xi’s cheeks went pink. She seemed quite drunk.

Wu Ruo also seemed to be drunk. He even couldn’t pick up food with chopsticks.

Then Wu Sheng took the chance to stand up, burped, and said, “I need to go to the loo. You guys keep going.”

The other four friends stood up too, “Me too.”

The five of them wobbled outside of the room and went sober all of sudden the moment they closed the door.

Wu Sheng went downstairs with them, face darkened, “Jin, you are responsible for informing Hei family to pick up Wu Ruo. Xin, tell Shuqing Yard to pick up Wu Xi. When some from Shuqing Yard walks out to pick her up, tell Wu Shi, Wu Xiao and Wu Anyi from South Yard to come. Zhong, you are responsible for informing those who are interested in dramas from North and West Courtyard.”