chapter 68: Serve Hei Xuanyi in Bed (2)

In his previous life, Hei Xuanyi took his people back to his clan for almost every New Year. Therefore, the Hei Mansion had been usually quiet in every New Year.

But in this life, he wanted it to be busy.

“Make two sets of new clothes for each of the low-grade servants, four for each middle-grade servants and guards, and six for the rest. The cloth should be of a bright color and refreshing, better be our style.”

Hei Xin marked every word he said in his heart, “do we need to redecorate the house?”

“It has been redecorated before our wedding. We don’t need to waist money on it. But we need to put on some cheerful decorations, and prepare New Year hoardings and gifts. That’s pretty much it.”

“Ok. I will have them prepared later.”

Before his words died away, they heard a kid giggling outside the door.

Hei Gan walked in holding Eggie in his arms.

“The little master is awake.” Hei Xin smiled.

Eggie struggled to get off Hei Gan and stumbled toward Wu Ruo excitedly, grabbed Wu Ruo’s leg, looked up at him and giggled.

“Eggie still can’t talk?” Wu Ruo touched his little cute face with a finger.

“He can’t for now. But I am teaching him to call daddy and it won’t take him long before he can call you daddy.” Hei Xin smiled.

“Come on. Call me daddy.” Wu Ruo teased Eggie.

Eggie seemed not to understand what he was saying, blinking his sparkling beautiful big eyes, his long thick black eyelashes fluttering like a pair of feather fans.

“If you call me daddy, I won’t blame you for the trouble you made yesterday and I will ask Uncle Hei Xin to take you out for fun.”

“Daddy.” Eggie’s eyes sparkled brightly.

“…” Hei Gan.

He only thought the little master was both naught and crafy.

“He can talk.” Hei Xin was excited.

“Are you pretending that you can’t talk, aren’t you?” Wu Ruo was amused, poking Eggie’s little face.

Eggie giggled and turned around to hold Hei Xin’s shank.

Hei Xin held him up and said with a smile, “We’ll go out to play after you have breakfast.”

Eggie nodded excitedly.

“If you make troubles like yesterday, you are not allowed to go out.” Wu Ruo warned him.

Eggie nodded happily.

“Since you can talk, don’t just nod.” Wu Ruo’s face sank.

“OK.” Eggie pouted.

Wu Ruo smiled.

After the kid had breakfast, he went back to his room to finish his work that he hadn’t finished yesterday. Finally he spent a morning and an afternoon to embroider the wallet. The only thing he was not satisfied with it was that his embroidering skill was terrible. Luckily the rune and formation on the wallet were effective.

Wu Ruo stared at his own ‘masterpiece’ for a long time and decided to give it to Hei Xuanyi on New Year’s day.

At dinner time, Hei Xin ordered the chief to cook numerous dishes so that Wu Ruo and Hei Xuanyi could entertain Numu before he left, and sent the New Year’s gift to Numu in advance.

The three of them ate until it was after midnight.

Hei Xuanyi went to take a bath first.

After he finished, it was Wu Ruo’s turn to go in and take a bath.

Wu Ruo felt something different as soon as he went into the bathing room. Perhaps because he didn’t need to take more herbal bath, the smell in the room was much better than before.

When he walked to the tub, he saw petals all over the water surface.

“Why did you put so many petals?” Wu Ruo asked.

“Butler Hei said that you have a strong smell of medicine. So you need to get rid of it now.” Shiyuan answered.

Without doubting it, Wu Ruo took off his clothes and sat down in the tub.

Shiyi, Shiyou and Shijiu gathered around, to give him a massage, or rub his back, his feet and arms. They rubbed so hard that Wu Ruo could feel that they were like peeling off a layer of his skin.

They had never used so much strength to help him bathe. In the beginning, Wu Ruo enjoyed it but later he kind of felt that something was wrong. He had never felt Shiyuan and the others could be so detail-focused. They didn’t leave a single nail out.

“Is there anything you are hiding from me?”

“No.” The four of them answered with one voice

“You must be hiding something from me.” Wu Ruo’s suspicion arose.

The four of them didn’t say a word and kept bathing him, then helped him get out of the tub and applied him with some perfume.

“You absolutely are hiding something from me. Otherwise, why are you putting petals into the bath and apply perfume for me? Tell me the truth.” Wu Ruo smelt his hand and the fragrance was too strong.

The four servants exchanged an eye contact. Finally, Shiyuan coughed a bit and said in a low voice, “Butler Hei said that you are going to serve his lordship in bed tonight.”

Serve Hei Xuanyi in bed?

Wu Ruo was shocked. His eyes were wide open in surprise and couldn’t believe it, “Excuse me?! Serve Hei Xuanyi in bed?”