chapter 177: The Story of Last Life (7)

Hei Xuanyi sent guards to investigate Ruan Zhizheng and monitor his actions. As the guards reported, Ruan Zhizheng fainted in front of Wu mansion one year ago. Wu family took him in as he lost memory and allowed him to work for the family as a servant. Ruan Zhizheng worked very hard to promote to be a valet of a junior master. Therefore, he was entitled a chance to study Wu’s cultivation skills with the junior master. The strange thing was that Ruan Zhizheng had never met any marvelous or suspicious man for one year.

Wu Ruo doubted that Ruan Zhizheng may be faking to lose his memory. Hei Xuanyi caught Ruan Zhizheng and ran every tough examination on his body, and finally found that Ruan Zhizheng’s memory had been washed away. It meant that there was no way to track down who Ruan Zhizheng’s master Shifu was.

Wu Ruo suspected that Wu family in the Imperial City was the real one behind everything. That would explain why Ruan Zhizheng happened to faint in front of Wu mansion. However, Wu Ruo hadn’t come to the city quite often and he had barely known the Wu family in Imperial City. There was no grudge holding between them, at least not so strong enough to kill Wu Ruo’s family. Presumably if it were Wu family, it was no need to continue to make Ruan Zhizheng stay after they erased Ruan Zhizheng’s memory. The possible explanation would be that Ruan Zhizheng’s master Shifu deliberately shifted the blame onto the innocent to clear himself.

In any case, since they couldn’t find Ruan Zhizheng’s master Shifu, Hei Xuanyi tortued him to death in various cruel ways, even his soul.

Shortly after Ruan Zhizheng died, Wu family invited Hei Xuanyi over in all kinds of names. But Hei Xuanyi refused them. Wu family still insisted. The reason was that Wu Weixue had fallen in love with Hei Xuanyi since she saw Hei Xuanyi’s real face.

To marry Wu Weixue to Hei Xuanyi, the Wu family arranged an engagement for Hei Xuanyi and Wu Weixue in an excuse that they set another marriage for the widowed Hei Xuanyi. But they didn’t know that they had crossed the line. Hei Xuanyi killed the matchmaker and none of Wu family had ever showed up again since.

Just when Wu Ruo thought Wu Weixue had given up on Hei Xuanyi, the formation protected Hei Mansion was broken in and there came intruders at one night.

Wu Ruo and Hei Xuanyi were sleeping in their bedroom at that time. They sat up as soon as they heard the big bang.

“Wait here. I will go see what is going on.” Hei Xuanyi ordered Hei Yin and Hei Yang to protect Wu Ruo before he went to the front yard.

Wu Ruo paced back and forth in the room anxiously. But he didn’t want to hold Hei Xuanyi back. So, he sent Hei Yang to check who was intruding the house.

Soon, Hei Yang came back and said, “it’s his lordship’s feud. He came to take revenge.”

“We’d better take madam away from here.” Hei Yin suggested.

“Agree. Once they fight, it won’t be a small one. We might be involved.” Hei Yang nodded.

“But can Xuanyi deal with them alone?” Wu Ruo was worried.

“Don’t worry. Master Xuantang, Hei Gan and Hei Xin are helping him.”

Wu Ruo hesitated and nodded, “where should we go?”

“You are not going anywhere.” Suddenly someone said arrogantly on the rooftop.

Wu Ruo looked up and saw eight men in black on the roof. They launched two top-level spiritual weapons toward Hei Yang and Hei Yin.

“Watch out. They are at least level seven.” Hei Yin and Hei Yang launched weapons toward those eight intruders and summoned a bulk of ghosts to protect Wu Ruo. The eight intruders had many helpers too. Very soon the yard went into a chaos. Although the ghosts outnumbered humans but the eight intruders didn’t target at the ghosts at all.

A while later, the eight intruders generated the Ghost Expelling Formation that scared ghosts the most. Once the ghosts retreated, they threw the soul-catching weapon toward Wu Ruo.

Hei Yang shouted, “take him away.”

The leader of the intruders said, “I don’t think you can.”

The soul-catching weapon shifted into a golden lotus and hovered above Wu Ruo. The ghosts nearby were deterred two feet away by the golden rune.

“Ah!” Wu Ruo screamed painfully as if his body was split and things before his eyes were twisted.

“It’s a Buddhist weapon.” Hei Yin was mortified.

Buddhists were ghost’s natural enemy.

Hei Yin didn’t dare to get close. All he could do was to launch different weapons at it but none of them worked.

The leader sneered, “this weapon is the most powerful Buddhist weapon our master borrowed from Lianfo Temple. Your weapon is no match at all.”

“Madam!” Hei Yang shouted and rushed toward as Wu Ruo’s soul was about to be sucked into the weapon. At the moment, someone showed up out of nowhere and knocked down the weapons with one strike. Wu Ruo’s soul returned to his body.

The leader was shocked and asked, “who are you?”

The strange man was wearing a black cloak and his face was super ugly. He stood before Wu Ruo and generated Wu Ruo’s soul. He used a technique to make the intruders roll on the ground in great pain.

Hei Yin took the chance to take off the leader’s mask.

Bearing with the pain, Wu Ruo managed to have a look at the leader. It was Wu Chenzi’s guard and his surname was Yao.

The leader threw a rune at the strange man.