chapter 99: His Younger Brother Comes (1)

Eggie was startled by the sudden hug and pushed away the man who was wiping his tears and snot onto him, “Who are you? You are dirtying my robes. Let go of me.”

Seeing this, Cuckoo slapped its wings at the man and cooed at him.

“Big brother, you really don’t remember who I am? But it’s fine. I will take you to the best physician to cure you.” The good-looking man cried even harder.

The anger on Eggie’s cute face was even thicker, “I don’t have a younger brother at your age and my father is impossible to have such an old son.”

The passers-by were amused by his childish arguments and were about to help him get rid of such a madman when a gorgeous man in white came over, “What’s going on, Eggie?”

“Daddy.” Eggie’s eyes were beaming as he heard Wu Ruo.

The good-looking man also looked over, stunned.

Eggie took the chance to get rid of him and went to hold Wu Ruo’s thigh, “Daddy.”

Wu Ruo picked up the boy and said to the good-looking man, “Sir, what were you trying to do to my son?”

“Your son?” The good-looking man was surprised.

“Sorry. We are terribly sorry that my master mistook him for someone else.” A guard behind hurriedly apologized.

Then they dragged the good-looking man out of Zuiyue Restaurant after they gave a look at Cuckoo.

Wu Ruo checked Eggie’s dirty robes, “Are you alright?”

Eggie shook his head.

Wu Ruo said seriously, “Next time if anyone holds you like what that man did to you, you have to turn to those adults nearby for help. Do you understand?”

“Yes.” Eggie said obediently.

Wu Ruo smiled, “So, how did you enjoy today’s story?”

Eggie finally smiled, “Very much. I will come later in the afternoon.”

“Sure you can.”

Wu Ruo carried him to the carriage and went back to Hei Mansion.

“You are home.” Hei Xuanyi took Eggie over and said to Hei Xin, “Serve lunch.”

Hei Xin immediately went out to serve the dishes.

Hei Xuanyi put Eggie in the chair next to him and said, “I need to go home.”

“When?” Wu Ruo was surprised.

“In one or two days.”

“Do you want me to go back with you?” Wu Ruo asked.

“Mm.”

Wu Ruo frowned.

It was not that he was unwilling to go back with Hei Xuanyi, but that he was still worried about his family, especially when the Courtyard of North and South were in such a tense situation and all family members in South Courtyard were picking on Shuqing Yard. Therefore, his parents were having a hard time in Wu family. If he left Gaoling town at such a time, something terrible might happen.

“Can you postpone it?”

“I can’t.” Hei Xuanyi pursed his lips.

He knew that Wu Ruo was worried about his parents but he could send guards to protect them.

“Is something bad happening?” Wu Ruo frowned harder.

Hei Xuanyi hesitated if he should tell him the truth when an exciting voice was saying outside the gate, “Ge, ge, I am here. Your dear younger brother is here.”

“…” Hei Xuanyi.

“…” Wu Ruo.

But why does this man’s voice sound so familiar?

The voice sounded familiar to Eggie too. When he looked outside at the doorway, he saw a man in purple scampered into the hall. All three of them in the dining hall froze there.

Wu Ruo narrowed his eyes. Isn’t he the good-looking man who held Eggie and wouldn’t let him go at Zuiyue Restaurant?

“What are you doing here?” Eggie said angrily, “Daddy, he has been stalking us.”

The good-looking man gave it a look at Wu Ruo, then Hei Xuanyi, and finally Eggie, and suddenly pounced over to hold Eggie, “Ge, I know it’s you! I knew I didn’t take you wrong! But why did you get so much younger? How would I explain to mom and dad?”

“…” Wu Ruo.

“…” Hei Xuanyi.

Eggie pulled his hair with his little hand and said angrily, “I am not your big brother.”

“Ahem.” Hei Xin faked a cough at the doorway, “Sir, the kid is not your big brother.”

“Huh?” The good-looking man looked up at Hei Xin.

Pointing at Hei Xuanyi, He Xin said, “He is.”

The good-looking man looked at Hei Xuanyi, let go of Eggie and threw himself at Hei Xuanyi, “Ge, why did you become so ugly? Is it possible to get your old pretty face back?”

Hei Xuanyi’s face fell, and he directly threw him out of the hall.

“He is your younger brother?” Wu Ruo asked.

Is he really Hei Xuanyi’s younger brother? But their personalities are so different. Besides, they don’t look alike at all.

But then again, it was Wu Ruo’s first time to meet Hei Xuanyi’s family. A lot of things had been changed since he was reborn.

“Mm.” Hei Xuanyi introduced briefly, “Hei Xuantang.”

Hei Xuantang ran toward Hei Xuanui and held him again, “The gesture how you threw me away is as beautiful as before. You really are my big brother.”

“…” Wu Ruo.