chapter 147: Ghosts Are Coming (1)

It took Wu Ruo a lot of effort to persuade Wu Qianqing to lie to Guan Tong and Wu Xi that they would move to the Imperial Capital with an excuse of sending Wu Xi to study in the Imperial Town. Finally, they started to pack every valuable thing in the Qing Mansion to the carriages.

Two hours later, Qing and Hei mansions left the Gaoling Town.

Somewhere ten miles away from the town, the sky suddenly went dark.

Wu Xi was confused by how it suddenly got dark, "why does it get dark so suddenly? Is it going to rain?"

"It's nothing about the rain. Something bad might be happening. Probably someone is making it dark." The guard who was driving the carriage said.

"You mean human is controlling the color of the sky? Do we know anyone that awesome in the town?" Wu Xi was shocked.

Even Wu Bufang couldn't do that.

Wu Ruo opened the side curtain and checked the sky. The one who was controlling the sky color either could be Hei Xuanyi or his feud.

Wu Qianqing commanded the guards to speed up as he sensed something wrong.

The sky got darker and darker. The howling sound flooded by was spooky because it sounded like wind or ghost wail. It was so scary that everyone rubbed their arms.

"Mom, I am cold." Wu Xi hugged Guan Tong.

Guan Tong pulled the bedding on the side and covered it on both of them.

The carriage was custom-made for Wu Ruo on his wedding day. Therefore, it was big enough to accommodate a few passengers. In the same carriage, Jixi, who was holding Eggie in his arms, said, "The ghosts are coming."

"..." Everyone in the carriage.

Wu Ruo and Wu Qianqing who had been watching outside all the time saw that Hei Gan throwing three umbrella-shaped magic weapons overhead.

As the three weapons hovered in the air, throughout the entire fleet, the ghost wail was lowered down. A few transparent shadows showed up on both sides of the carriage. Those shadows were very vague to be seen clearly. But they could be felt as they flew by.

Then there were an increasing number of shadows. One hundred. Two hundred. Three hundred. One thousand. Two thousand. Ten thousand. It became difficult to count the number. However, the shadows got more and more clear to see. Finally, they became concrete. They showed up in front of Wu Ruo with their vivid, ugly or colorful ghosts. There were so many different kinds of ghosts that Wu Ruo and his family had never seen before. At that moment, the suburban of Gaoling town was occupied with wild ghosts.

With a spooky smile on their faces, they moved slowly towards Gaoling town as if they were going to a party.

Wu Xi covered her mouth to stop her making any noise which might startle the ghosts.

It was Wu Qianqing's first time in life to see this. He inhaled.

"All Ghosts Out at Night." Guan Tong's lips were trembling, "how? How could it be possible? How could it be here?"

Wu Ruo took a look at her.

His mother seemed to know something.

"How surprising that you know All Ghosts Out at Night!" Jixi said.

"..." Guan Tong kept silent.

"Mom, what is All Ghosts Out at Night?" Wu Xi asked with a low voice.

Guan Tong shook her head.

"Be quiet." Wu Qianqing said heavily.

Wu Xi had to shut up.

Then tens of thousands of ghosts got very excited suddenly because they speeded up towards the Gaoling town.

"Gaoling town is about to fall." Wu Qianqing was mortified.

The other Wu family and the citizens were still in the town. If the town was about to fall, more than 300,000 people would be dead.

Wu Ruo frowned because he was worried about Hei Xuanyi and Hei Xuantang. But the brothers looked calm before they left. They would be probably fine.

Then he thought of Wu family. Would they die in the town just like that? His originally plan was to torture them for a while before he killed them eventually.

"Will the citizens in Gaoling town be killed? Father, is there any way to save them?" Wu Xi asked anxiously.

Wu Qianqing shook his head.

He wished that he could save the citizens and the rest Wu family. The fact was that he was not powerful enough. Even if he went back to the town now, it would be a big question if he could make it back safely. There was a big chance that he would be killed by the ghosts once he stepped out of the power span of Hei Gan's weapons.

Wu Qianqing was sad that his parents and his brothers were still in the town. If it were in the past, he would probably have gone back to the town to save them no matter what it took. But now he had his own small family to protect. He couldn't leave them alone.

He dropped down the side curtain and decided not to look at all.

Wu Ruo dropped the curtain down too. His fists were clenched tightly in the sleeves. Even though he had become very powerful later in last life, he couldn't be that powerful to summon so many ghosts. For the very first time, he realized how weak he was.