chapter 41: Your Heart still Repels Me

Shopkeeper Yu frowned, thinking that Wu Ruo had no spiritual power at all and he could not move fast with that body. He wouldn’t stand a chance to do any harm to him. So there was nothing to be afraid of. He hesitated but still moved before Wu Ruo.

As soon as he came in front of Wu Ruo, the servant came forward and pressed him. With a kick in the back of knee, he instantly knelt before Wu Ruo.

“What…what are you doing?” Shopkeeper Yu struggled.

Shijiu clinched him before Wu Ruo.

Wu Ruo bit a finger and dipped one drop of blood on the shopkeeper’s forehead. When the blood was absorbed into his skin, Wu Ruo said, “You get to be my contract servant, that’s the benefit you’d get.”

“You…” Shopkeeper Yu stared at him. Although he didn’t know exactly what contract meant, he was pretty sure what servant meant. As the shopkeeper of the casino, he was not higher ranked or more powerful than Wu family, but he was a big shot in Gaoling Town anyway. How could he be a servant?

Even if he had to be someone’s servant, it had to be someone like Wu Bufang, not such a loser.

As soon as Shopkeeper Yu came up with such a thought, his body was burning hot and feeling painful. He could only beg for mercy, “Childe Wu, I would love to be your servant. Please spare me. Spare me.”

“How can I spare you while your heart still repels me?”

It reminded Shopkeeper Yu of the rumor that Wu family could manipulate all sorts of spiritual entities. They could control them after they contracted them. If the spiritual entities didn’t obey, the contract would take effect and punish them. Was the contract servant thing the same with that?

But they said Wu family only contracted evil beasts, monsters, and ghosts. Didn’t they say that Wu Ruo had no spiritual power? But how could he contract human beings?

The pain prevented Shopkeeper Yu from thinking more. He had to try not to repel Wu Ruo and gradually the pain faded away.

Wu Ruo teased Shopkeeper Yu who was gasping on the floor, “It seems that you will take good care of it. Then I don’t have to waste more saliva. Shijiu, send him back.”

“Yes.” Shijiu was pretty strong. He picked up Shopkeeper Yu with one hand and turned around when he saw Hei Xuanyi standing at the doorway. He saluted, “My lord.”

Wu Ruo frowned at the sight of Hei Xuanyi. He didn’t notice how long Hei Xuanyi was standing there. Would he think he just…

Thinking of this, he cut off his mind right away and laughed at himself in mind. Why would he care about Hei Xuanyi’s feelings?

Without thinking more, Wu Ruo asked, “Are you done with your work?”

“Yes.” Hei Xuanyi sat in the chair next to him.

“I got some snacks from my father. Would you like to have a taste?” Wu Ruo asked.

Shiyuan prepared chopsticks and dishes, opened the multi-layer food box that was heated by spiritual power, and then took out six dishes of hot dim sum and placed them before Hei Xuanyi.

Hei Xuanyi picked up a taro cake with meat filling and took a bite gracefully.

“So? What do you say? Is it good?” Wu Ruo stared at his cold eyes, nervous.

“Hmm.” Hei Xuanyi took another bite.

Wu Ruo smiled, “it’s good that you like it. You can try others. Come on.”

He gave Shiyuan a wink.

Shiyuan immediately picked up another piece of dim sum and put it in Hei Xuanyi’s bowl.

“…” Looking at that delicate and fat face, Hei Xuanyi picked his brows. Why did he have the feeling that his lady was sucking up to him?