chapter 73: They Are Fighting (1)

Wu Qianqing grew fond of his son-in-law and therefore took the initiative to chitchat with Hei Xuanyi after lunch. Although Hei Xuanyi didn’t talk a lot, he respected him as his father-in-law and paid attention to every word he said and sometimes gave him some advice, which he was very pleased.

Wu Ruo sat next to Wu Zhu and asked about his training outside, “so you are about to go out for training. Do you want to do this alone or form a team of the family?”

In last life, Wu Zhu went with Wu Yu, the youngest son of his second uncle, and Wu Qing, the youngest daughter of his youngest uncle, Wu Liang from East Courtyard, and Wu Yan from West Courtyard. But they had a problem with monster clan and Wu Zhu got killed because of it.

Wu Zhu smiled, “Yu told me that she would go on a team with me.”

Wu Ruo frowned, “Just you two?”

Wu Zhu was a bit surprised and then nodded.

Wu Xi, who was playing with Eggie, couldn’t help but interrupted them, “Ruo, you know what. Qing and other two cousins from the East and West Courtyard once mentioned that they would like to team up with big brother. But I don’t know why they suddenly changed their minds.”

“Oh? Do you know what happened?” Wu Ruo frowned.

“Xi.” Wu Zhu tried to stop Wu Xi.

“Big brother, I don’t see it’s necessary to hide it from Ruo.” Wu Xi continued, “The other people at school started to isolate us since our uncles returned your betrothal presents. We didn’t know what happened at first. But later we learned that they didn’t want to hang out with us because the reputation of South Courtyard is not good now. The cousins from South Courtyard isolate us because they think it’s all our fault. Big brother and I know it very well that they hold the grudge against us because of the betrothal presents. Yu is the only one who still hangs out with us.”

“Ruo, this is not your fault. Don’t overthink it.” Wu Zhu hurriedly added.

He was worried that Wu Ruo would blame himself for this.

Wu Xi snorted, “Of course it’s not Ruo’s fault. It is their fault to steal Ruo’s betrothal presents and now they are acting like it’s our fault. I don’t give it a shit hanging out with them. Ruo, you might not know. Actually all our uncles from the other courtyards took some of your betrothal presents. Shame on all of them!”

“Now Yu is the only one who still hangs out with you?” Wu Ruo smiled and asked.

Wu Xi nodded, “He is such a noble man. He doesn’t care how people look at us. He even apologizes for what his father has done to us. And he said that he would help Zhu on the trip of training.”

Wu Ruo sneered in his mind. A noble man? He was literally a hypocrite.

But it was strange that Wu Yu was the only one who hadn’t isolated his big brother and Wu Xi. What was he up to? Was it because of him that Wu Zhu was killed in previous life?

No. He wouldn’t allow Wu Zhu to go on a trip with Wu Yu.

“Big brother, how do you think of Wu Yu?”

Wu Zhu had a good impression on Wu Yu, “He is very warm-heated. He is willing to help anyone who is in trouble. And he is polite and has a great sense of humor. It would be less boring with him on the road.”

“What if he is not like the person he seems to be?” Wu Ruo asked.

Wu Zhu and Wu Xi were both stuck on the question.

Bang!

Suddenly a big bang sounded outside and the house was shaking.

“What’s going on?” Wu Qianqing jumped up and asked.

Others also stood up nervously and hurried out of the hall, only fearing that the house might collapse and fall on them.

A guard said hurriedly, “I will go and check it out.”

Before long, the guard came back, “My lord, Wu Qianjing’s second son and Wu Anrun from North Courtyard are having a fight.”

Wu Ruo smiled a bit on hearing that.

“Do we know why?” Wu Qianqing asked.

“Not a clue.”

“Qianqing, should we go and see?” Guan Tong asked.

“Hmm.” Wu Qianqing left Shuqing Yard.

Wu Xi was curious about what happened and dragged Wu Zhu along.

Wu Ruo also wanted to know what was going on. With Shiyuan and other servants’ help, he went behind them too. As they got close, they heard the fighting and Sang Dongyi and Wu Min’s shout, “Stop! Both of you! Stop it!”

“What’s going on? What are you fighting for?” People from the other yards all hurried over.

Wu Qianjing directly went forward and separated them, “Wu Anrun, you are supposed to be at your own courtyard. Why do you come to South Courtyard to make a scene?”

“You should ask your son what shameful thing he has done!” Wu Anrun said angrily.

Wu Chu glared at him, saying nothing.

Wu Qianjing was very dissatisfied with Wu Ruoan’s attitude. But it looked like that his son was the one who made a mistake, “Go inside and we can talk.”