chapter 158: Wu Chenliu (2)

Wu Ruo invited Wu Chenliu to the seat, poured him a cup of fine herbal tea before asking, “may we know what we can do for you?”

As Wu Chenliu was sure that his late wife’s pendant was in the house, he didn’t rush into the point. He took a sip of tea and exclaimed, “what a great tea! I haven’t had such great tea in a long time. What kind of tea is it?”

Wu Ruo smiled and answered, “It’s just ordinary tea with mixture of five kinds of herbs. It’s nothing something expensive. Hope you don’t mind.”

“Herb? So it must be good for health?”

“Yes. It’s refreshing and good for improving physical fitness. If you don’t mind, I will ask them to prepare a bag of tea for you.”

“Thank you then.” Wu Chenliu accepted it directly.

Then he sighed, “There is one thing I’d like to talk to you. This morning on my way to visit an old friend of mine, I was a young girl who was wearing a blue jade pendant. I recognized it once belonged to my late wife. I got too excited back then. And I grabbed that girl and said something offensive.”

“The girl you are talking to…” Wu Ruo pretended that he didn’t have a clue.

“It’s your sister Wu Xi. I learned that you bought that pendant with five thousand taels of silver. I can pay your five thousand, oh no, ten thousand to buy that pendant. What do you think?”

Wu Ruo gave it a thought, “if it belongs to your late wife, I can give it back to you. But how do you prove it once belonged to your wife?”

“There is a word ‘Lan’ engraved on it. And there is a crack in the upper right corner. When she was seriously ill, she accidentally fell and dropped it. Could you give it back to me?”

Wu Ruo told Hei Xin to get Wu Xi to the hall.

Wu Xi was so shocked to see Wu Chenliu in the hall, “It’s you! Ruo, it’s him! He accused me of stealing his jade pendant.”

“Xi, mind your manners!” Wu Ruo told Wu Chenliu’s story to her.

Wu Xi changed her attitude towards Wu Chenliu and gave the pendant to Wu Chenliu, “if it belonged to your late wife, here you are. But keep it well and don’t lose it again.”

Wu Chenliu took out money but Wu Ruo refused to accept it.

“I insist. You paid money to buy it. It makes sense that I pay the same amount to buy it from you.”

Wu Chenliu had planned that he would tell them that he was also a member of Wu family if they refused to give him the pendant. But to his surprise, Wu Ruo was being very generous. He gave the pendant back and also didn’t let him pay for it.

“It’s no big deal for us. You don’t have to worry about it. It’s a gift from us, considering that we are new here.” Wu Ruo said.

“…” It was obvious to Wu Chenliu that they were rich. But he was reluctant to take the pendant for nothing to give back. So he suggested, “I overheard that you are looking for a school just now.”

“Yes. Do you have any great suggestions?” Wu Ruo’s eyes sparkled brightly.

“I am not sure if my suggestions are great or not. But I once was a mentor and I taught many students. I don’t have a school but I am as good as those teachers in schools. If you don’t mind, I can take Miss Wu Xi my last pupil. My house is in the neighborhood, which is very convenient.”

Wu Ruo, of course, knew that Wu Chenliu was in the neighborhood. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have asked Wu Xi to walk around nearby in the first place. “We don’t mind at all. But since my sister majors in skills of Yin and Yang, she’d better not learn other skills.”

“I happen to teach skills of Yin and Yang.”

Wu Ruo said excited, “really? May I know your name?”

“The name is Wu Chenliu.”

“Your surname is Wu? Same with us? Are you from the Wu family?” Wu Xi was surprised.

“I am no longer one member of Wu family after I was expelled from the family due to something private.” Wu Chenliu shook his head.

“You still carry the family blood and you are one of the Chen generation, the same generation of our great great grandfather.” Wu Xi said excitedly, “sir, we are all from Wu family. But we are from Gaoling city.”

“I know. I have checked your background before I came.” Wu Chenliu said.

“Are you really willing to take me as your student?” Wu Xi confirmed repeatedly.

Wu Chenliu nodded.

“Great!” Wu Xi ran out of the hall excitedly, “I will share this great news with mom and dad.”

When Wu Qianqing and Guan Tong learned about it, they froze there because they couldn’t believe it actually happened. What an honor to be a student of their great grandfather’s cousin! Besides, Wu Qianqing had heard Wu Chenliu’s fame when he once was out for training at early years. He would definitely be a great mentor. Therefore, without any hesitation, he arranged a ritual that Wu Xi officially respected Wu Chenliu as a teacher.