chapter 18: He Is out of Town

When Hei Xuanyi came back, Wu Ruo had fallen asleep.

He lied on the bed and rubbed Wu Ruo’s stomach, then sent a trace of spiritual power into his body.

Wu Ruo kind of sensed it was Hei Xuanyi but he chose not to check, otherwise he might not fall asleep like last night.

When he woke up, no one was there beside him. It was cold under the quilt. And there were two black silver bracelets on the pillow.

Out of curiosity, Wu Ruo picked it up and observed the runes on the surface of the bracelets. With extra exploration, he found that the runes could hide spiritual power.

If he didn’t get it wrong, the bracelets were gifts for him. As long as he wore them, his grandfather Wu Bufang wouldn’t be able to sense spiritual power from him.

Wu Ruo hesitated but didn’t wear them. He had to confirm with Hei Xuanyi first. Otherwise, it would be embarrassed for both of them if he got it wrong.

He sent Shiyuan in to wait on him to fresh up and get dressed, and help him walk to the hall for breakfast. However, Hei Xuanyi wasn’t there.

Wu Ruo asked Hei Xin, “where is Hei Xuanyi?”

“He was out of town last night. He asked me to give you a message that he will come back in five days.” Said Hei Xin.

“Out of town? Did he say whereabout?” Wu Ruo frowned.

In last life, when he woke up, Hei Xuan had been still at home. Although he hadn’t wanted to see him, Hei Xuanyi had come to stop by once a while. Once he was startled to death by Hei Xuanyi’s fish-scale face.

But why was he out of town in this life?

“He didn’t.”

A lot of things had changed since Wu Ruo was reborn. Taking Hei Xuanyi off his mind, Wu Ruo wore the bracelets after breakfast and said to Hei Xin, “I will go back to Wu family and stay there for a few days. If Hei Xuanyi comes back, let me know.”

“Yes.”

Hei Xin escorted Wu Ruo out.

As Wu Ruo was worried that the low-level corpse servants might bring troubles to him, he only brought Shijiu with him when he went back to Wu family.

When they made it to Wu family, the carriage stopped right at the south gate of the house.

The doormen were surprised to see Wu Ruo.

In the past, Wu Ruo had come in and out from the side door. Even on the first-visit day after his wedding, he also chose the side door. If he had had gone for the front door, he would have run into so many people that would have looked down upon and laughed at him. Given time, he had become fragile. But he was a different person this life.

Regardless of how people looked at him, Wu Ruo asked Shiyou and Shijiu to help him walk from the south gate, ignoring all gossips and mocks.

There were more than more than 1,500 courtyards in Wu family, located in the east, south, west and north.

When Wu Bufang, the head of Wu family and his father Wu Chenzhan moved out from the direct Wu Clan, they settled in Gaoling city. Thanks to their power and ability, soon they gained a fame and established a branch of Wu family. As the family grew, the house got expanded. Finally, it was as big as it was now. Wu Bufang later married Yao Shuyuan, the daughter of Master Yao’s second son from the imperial city, and later had four sons and two daughters, Wu Xuanyu, Wu Xuanran, Wu Xuanjun, Wu Xuanyu and Wu Xuanmeng, and Wu Xuanyin. Wu Xuanran was Wu Ruo’s grandfather.