chapter 178: The Story of Last Life (8)

The strange man had no intention to kill anyone and therefore let them go.

The intruders escaped quickly with their weapons.

Hei Yang helped Wu Ruo stood on feet and thanked the strange man, “thank you for help.”

The strange man laid his eyes on Wu Ruo and seemed to have a complicated feeling.

Soon, the fight in the front yard stopped.

Hei Xuanyi, Hei Xuantang, Hei Xin, Hei Gan and five other men who dressed like the strange man ran into the back yard.

“Ruo, are you alright?” Hei Xuanyi hold Wu Ruo’s hand and transferred his spiritual power into Wu Ruo.

“Thanks to this master, I wasn’t sucked into the magic weapon.” Wu Ruo said with a weak voice.

Hei Xuanyi thanked the strange man.

The strange man said to Hei Xuanyi, “I need to talk to you. Come with me.”

Hei Xuanyi put Wu Ruo’s hand into Hei Yang’s had, “help him go back to the bedroom to have a rest. I will be back.”

“Yes.”

Hei Yang helped Wu Ruo walk slowly to the bedroom, “are you alright?”

Wu Ruo shook his head.

Hei Xuantang didn’t think he was fine. He asked, “if you don’t feel well, just tell us. Otherwise, my brother would be worried sick.”

“I don’t feel any strength at all.” Wu Ruo said.

Next moment his body turned transparent just like when he became a soul at the beginning.

“Ah! Your body!” Hei Xuantang inhaled.

Wu Ruo looked down and his body seemed to disappear.

“What-what’s wrong with me?” He was panicked.

Hei Yin said, “don’t worry. Perhaps your soul was disturbed by the soul-catching weapon. I will go get his lordship to help you.”

He disappeared and soon came back, “he will be back soon.”

A moment later, Hei Xuanyi and the strange man hurried into the room.

The strange man transferred spiritual power into Wu Ruo before Hei Xuanyi. Once Wu Ruo’s body became concrete again and said to Hei Xuanyi, “think what I said just now.”

Then he left.

Wu Ruo felt a lot better, “Xuanyi, who is he?”

“A very powerful master.” Hei Xuanyi hugged him.

“Do you know him?”

“Yes.” Hei Xuanyi told him to lie down, “your soul is not stable now. You need to calm down to recover.”

Holding his hand, Wu Ruo said, “the man who tried to kill me is Guard Yao. He works for Wu Chenzi.”

“I know they are from Wu family.” Hei Xuanyi said coldly, “they heard that you have died and become a soul. So they threatened me to marry Wu Weixue.”

“How do you know it?” Wu Ruo was confused.

“The master told me.” Hei Xuanyi kissed him on the forehead, “I still have things to do. Have a good rest and I will be back.”

In the early morning the next day, Hei Xuanyi came back with all sorts of soul-generating weapons for Wu Ruo.

Wu Ruo did whatever Hei Xuanyi said to make him feel comfortable. But it was obvious that Hei Xuanyi had something on mind, although he had no facial expression as always. But he could tell if he was in a bad or good mood after spending with him for so long time.

“Is there anything that’s bothering you?” Wu Ruo asked, cupping Hei Xuanyi’s face.

Hei Xuanyi hold his hand and asked, “what makes you think so?”

“You have something on your mind. Is it because you haven’t fixed your enemy yet?”

“Yes.”

“Why do I feel like you are not telling the truth.” Wu Ruo kissed him on the lips, “we both agreed that you can’t keep a secret from me.”

“I won’t.” Hei Xuanyi held him into his arm.

Wu Ruo nestled into his arms happily.

Hei Xuanyi hugged him more tightly.

For the next few days, Wu Ruo discovered that Hei Xuanyi hugged him a lot lately. He held him in his arms when they were eating or sleeping or walking. And he bought whatever he liked or wanted.

Wu Ruo liked Hei Xuanyi making proactive moves on him so that he could feel Hei Xuanyi actually cared and loved him. He was so happy, actually so happy that he almost forgot to take revenge on Wu Chenzi.

The others in Hei family were very nice to him. They tried every way to make him happy or take him out on the street. The strange master followed him silently.

As happy as he was, Wu Ruo finally sensed something wrong. But he couldn’t tell what went wrong until his body turned transparent again.