chapter 106: Ba Se (2)

In last life, it was Wu Anqi who brought Ba Se home. No one had known who he was until Wu Xi and Ba Se got married. Ba Se was the son of a chief in southeast of Cambodia. Cambodians were well known for their Tame Head, a kind of black magic. There were two types of Head Tamer. One was Head Tamer the Black and the other was Head Tamer the White. The former ones cast spells on people for money. They had no morality at all. The latter ones helped uncast spells and made peace between people. There were many types and complicated procedures of Tame Head. The Head Tamers usually went to creepy places to collect human bones, corpse oil, dry human fetuses, and grave soil to make tools during their extremely scary and confidential practice.

Wu Ruo had learned that later in last life. In his eyes, Head Tamers were harmful like wizards.

Wu Ruo snorted coldly.

Ba Se, now that you’ve come to me, you’d better prepare for my cruelty.

Wu Ruo quickly made insect-proof powder and told Shijiu to send to Shuqing Yard so that they could spray it around the yard to keep strange bugs or worms out.

The next morning, Wu Ruo and Wu Xi ran into Ba Se again on their way to school.

Ba Se’s eyes sparkled brightly at the sight of Wu Ruo and stopped him.

Wu Ruo quickly stepped in front of Wu Xi and said coldly, “What?”

Ba Se stared at Wu Ruo’s pretty face lustfully, “My name is Ba Se, a guest from North Courtyard. I happen to get lost here. Could you tell me which way I should take to go to North Courtyard?”

Wu Ruo was alerted as Ba Se was staring him with such a disgusting smile. Does he like both men and women as long as they are good-looking?

“Over there.” He pointed the direction to North Courtyard.

“Thank you.” Ba Se gave the plum blossom in his hand to Wu Ruo, “The plum blossom is fresh. A thank-you gift.”

“Thank you.” Wu Ruo said, eyes glistening.

Ba Se was lost in his beautiful smile and the smiled bigger as Wu Ruo accepted his plum blossom.

Wu Ruo and Wu Xi kept walking toward the school. Wu Xi said as Ba Se was out of sight, “This guy is acting so strange.”

Wu Ruo gave her a look, “Strange? What makes you think so? He is a handsome, agreeable man to me.”

That was the comment Wu Xi made in last life.

“But I don’t think he is a good guy. Tell me you are not fooled by his appearance.” Wu Xi was worried.

Wu Ruo didn’t say a word.

They also persuaded Wu Xi like that in last life. But she hadn’t listened to them and had insisted on marrying him. At last, she had been casted love curse by Ba Se.

“Are you listening to me?”

“Mm.” Wu Ruo shook the plum blossom in his hand and suddenly it got burnt.

“Ah!” Wu Xi screamed, “It catches on fire.”

“Leave it be. I am not planning to take it back anyway.” Wu Ruo said, wearing a meaningful smile.

At the same time, Ba Se who had still been nearby had a feeling of something. He jerked around and looked into the direction that Wu Ruo left. He couldn’t believe it, “Uncast it?”

He was pretty confident that no one else could crack his spell except for Head Tamers or wizards. But who cracked it? Who had the ability to do it?

Are there any other Head Tamers or wizards in Wu family?

Ba Se dare not take any rash actions. In the following days, he created all possible opportunities to run into Wu Ruo and tried to pick up a conversation with him.

And every time Wu Ruo would put on a smiling face in front of him. He didn’t care as long as Ba Se didn’t harm his family.

“I heard that Wu Xia will come to school today.” Wu Xi said.

Wu Ruo raised his eyebrow, “is he fully recovered? Isn’t he supposed to be grounded for another month?”

“I don’t know if he is recovered. But I know that his father begged the elder for mercy so that he can catch up with the other students. He suggests sending him to school at day time and ground him for meditation at night and the meditation goes from one month to three months.”

“We are not afraid of him no matter what. He can’t do something horrible to us at school. But he is a vengeful person. We should be careful.”

“I will protect you.”

“You can’t even beat Wu Xia. How are you gonna protect me?”

Wu Ruo pinched her little nose and smiled. But as soon as he sensed that someone was watching them, he looked up and saw Wu Xia and Wu Sheng glaring at them with anger and hatred in their eyes.

Wu Xia suffered a huge lost last time. Instead of hurting Wu Xi, he got himself badly injured. The spirit he was most proud of was also demolished by Wu Ruo. How could he not hate Wu Ruo and Wu Xi?

Wu Ruo approached and said hello to them, “Wu Xia, are you recovered?”

“Don’t be cocky. You can’t win every time.” Wu Xia snorted and left with Wu Sheng.

Wu Xi heard what happened between Wu Ruo and Wu Xia, “He is such a little man. Ignore him.”

Just because he lost in the ice cart game, he would hate Wu Ruo forever? No one would want to play with such a stingy man.

Wu Ruo didn’t say a word, smiling as he looked into the direction they walked away.