chapter 168: Check the Wound (2)

“He wore fake skin back then.” Wu Ruo sneered, “our marriage was arranged by our families because my husband’s family saved Wu Chenzi’s father. But my husband wore a grotesque mask to the marriage proposal. Wu Weixue turned down the proposal because of the ugly face. Wu Chenzi therefore assigned a sideline family to take over. My great grandfather married me to my husband as a way to flatter Wu Chenzi. A couple of days ago, Wu Weixue found out the real appearance of my husband and thus tries her best to steal him away from me.”

It was obvious that Wu Ruo didn’t like the Wu family at all because he just said Wu Chenzi’s name out loud. “So you and your husband…” Ling Mohan said.

Thinking of Hei Xuanyi, Wu Ruo’s eyes were smiling, “he and I are fine. Time is up. Are you willing to cooperate or not? If not, I am leaving.”

“I have one last question for you.” Ling Mohan said.

Wu Ruo raised his eyebrow.

“You tried very hard to separate from the Wu family, right? But why did you send your relatives to the imperial city and ask the State Master to give them medical treatment? Don’t you think you are looking for troubles?”

Wu Ruo sneered, “my relatives are greedy. They could eat the Wu family alive day by day. Therefore, the day his majesty wrote the decree, you have to try your best to get the best they could have so that they could ask the most from Wu family.”

“…” Ling Mohan.

He shouldn’t have underestimated Wu Ruo. The one who messed up with Wu family of Gaoling town was no ordinary.

“Well, do you have any other questions?” Wu Ruo stood up.

“I can work with you but what is your purpose?” Ling Mohan asked.

“Same as one of your purposes, killing every single member of Wu family!” Wu Ruo stressed every single word in a harsh tone.

“But you are one of the Wu family.” Ling Mohan was confused.

Wu Ruo smiled as if he didn’t say the cruel thing before, “so you should exclude me and my family by then.”

“…” Ling Mohan.

Wu Ruo sat back, “since we are partners, there is one thing I want to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“His majesty, your father and the emperor, may not live for five years. If the one who harms your father keeps harming him, his majesty might be gone within one or two years.”

Ling Mohan was shocked and then pinched Wu Ruo’s collar, “it’s nonsense! My father is perfectly healthy. He can live for another fifty years for sure. How come? How come? Wu Ruo, do you know that your entire family could be dead just because of what you just said?”

Wu Ruo’s facial expression didn’t change at all and he continued, “if you don’t act quicker, the throne you always want will be stole by your younger brother.”

Ling Mohan released Wu Ruo and said, “my doctor examines my father’s body every half a month. It’s impossible…”

Then he paused and said heavily, “could it be…”

Wu Ruo’s lips curved upward and smiled, “could you arrange guards to carry me out?”

Ling Mohan pursed his lips and looked very serious. He got two guards, one holding Wu Ruo’s arms, the other holding the feet. They carried Wu Ruo outside and threw him onto Hei Xuanyi who had been waiting outside all the time.

Hei Xuanyi took him over and quickly carried him into the carriage.

Wu Qianqing and others gathered right away and asked anxiously, “is he alright?”

Wu Ruo gave them a sign to tell them to be quiet.

The others froze there.

“Go home now.” Hei Xuanyi said.

Once they left, someone stood up on the roof of the house on the other side of the street and rushed toward Wu family.

When they got back to Hei Mansion, Hei Xuanyi carried Wu Ruo out of the carriage.

It was when they got inside the house that Wu Ruo said, “mom, dad, I’m fine. The prince didn’t punish me. You and Xi would be better to take a rest.”

“Fine.” Wu Qianqing sighed and went back to their rooms with Guan Tong and Wu Xi after he made sure Wu Ruo was fine. When they were in their bedrooms, he said to Guan Tong, “Tong, don’t you think that Ruo is hiding more and more things from us. For example, Wu family is still alive.”

Guan Tong comforted him, “he had his own reason. Take you for example. Did you tell everything you do to your parents at his age? You can’t blame him. He has his own reasons. He won’t hurt us.”

Wu Qianqing gave it a thought and agreed with her. Therefore, he stopped worrying about it.

Hei Xuanyi carried Wu Ruo to their bedroom and put him down on the bed. Quickly, he took off everything Wu Ruo wore.

Wu Ruo pulled the quilt to cover his lower body and said, “what are you doing?”

“Examining your body.” Hei Xuanyi said heavily.

Wu Ruo rolled his eyes at him, “do you have to take off all my clothes?”

Without saying anything, Hei Xuanyi pulled off the quilt and checked all over his body. And finally, his eyes laid on Wu Ruo’s thing.