chapter 72: Be Clingy (2)

They were even more furious when they opened the gifts. Inside the gift box was ginseng that had no spiritual power at all, worth somewhere between one to five thousand taels of silver on the market. Compared with the betrothal presents Hei Xuanyi gave to Wu Ruo, the ginseng was not precious enough at all. But one single ginseng could be enough for ordinary people to live for a life comfortably.

“Wu Ruo is so stingy. Just one ginseng?” Wu Qianjing swept the gift box down on the floor.

His eldest daughter Wu Min was mortified when she saw the ginseng on the floor. The gift she and her husband sent to her father was not as good as Wu Ruo’s but her father even considered Wu Ruo was stingy. Was he implying that she was also stingy?

Wu Min’s husband Lu Ziding didn’t say word but looked horrible.

Wu Qianjing’s wife Sang Dongyi quietly pulled her husband’s sleeve and gave him the hint to take a look at the expression on their daughter and son-in-law’s face.

Wu Qianjing glanced at them and realized what was going on. But what’s done was done. He couldn’t take it back. He could only sigh and said, “I will go to Qianli’s yard.”

As soon as he left, Sang Dongyi immediately tried to comfort her daughter, “your father is just mad at Wu Ruo.”

“I know.” Wu Min lowered her eyes.

However, the harmonious atmosphere was already gone.

Wu Ruo and his people went to Shuqing Yard after he sent away gifts to other yards.

As soon as he got into the yard, he shouted, “father, mother, brother, sister, we are home.”

“Ruo, Xuanyi, you are home.” Wu Qianqing, Guan Tong and others all walked out and welcomed them wearing sincere and happy smiles.

Even Hei Xuanyi was a bit touched by their warm smiles. His lips curved upward a bit. Suddenly he kind of understood why Wu Ruo said those words when he was drunk. It indeed felt good when you were welcome by your family. It was a gesture to show their care.

Wu Ruo then sent his regards to everyone.

“It’s cold outside. Let’s go into the room.” Wu Qianqing smiled.

Wu Ruo winked at Eggie who was holding Hei Xuanyi’s hand to extend greetings to everyone.

Eggie immediately threw himself at Wu Qianqing, “Grandpa, happy New Year.”

Wu Qianqing and Guan Tong were a bit stoned, “Ruo, this kid is…”

“It’s my son.” Wu Ruo said smilingly.

“Your son?” Wu Qianqing didn’t actually believe it but it was not polite to ask more questions in front of Hei Xuanyi.

He bent down and held up the kid. But when he saw the kid’s face, he was amazed, “What a beautiful kid!”

Guan Tong and Wu Xi were amazed too and both fought to hold the kid.

Back when they were at home, Wu Ruo had introduced Eggie the Wu family. When Guan Tong held him, he said with sweet tone, “My greetings, grandma, aunt, uncle.”

His cute and sweet voice melted everyone’s heart of the entire family.

Wu Zhu asked while he was teasing the kid, “Ruo, what’s his name?”

“His name is Hei Haoqiong, pet name Eggie.”

Wu Xi liked the pet name at the very second, “Eggie? What a cut name!”

“It’s chilly outside. The kid might catch a cold. Let’s go inside.” Wu Qianqing invited them to go inside to warm up.

As soon as they got into the hall, Wu Ruo took out the magical weapons Hei Xuanyi made and put them on the table, “Father, these four magical weapons are made of the materials my uncles gave to us. You can take them with you.”

He picked up a purple bracelet, “this Purple Jade Bracelet is a defensive device, most suitable for my mother. The yellow Buddha Waist Pendant that could bounce back other’s spells is suitable for Wu Xi. And the last two waist pendants are attacking devices. Dad, big brother, pick one.”

He specifically asked Hei Xuanyi to make these magical weapons in the shape of pendants so that his family could wear them specially to piss off the four brothers.

“Do you have your own?” Wu Qianqing asked.

Wu Ruo pointed at the white jade pendant in his waist, “right here. It’s a defensive magical weapon like mom’s.”

Wu Qianqing was only relieved when he knew that his youngest son had one too.

“Xuanyi alone can’t make too many magical weapons in such a short time. These are all he has done so far. But we will send more later.” Wu Ruo explained.

“No rush. Xuanyi should take care of his own health.” Wu Qianqing hurriedly said.

“Hmm?” Wu Xi stared at Wu Ruo and looked surprised, “Ruo, you seem to lose some weight.”

Everyone looked over at Wu Ruo.

Guan Tong carefully sized Wu Ruo up and down, then said excitedly, “Yes, I guess so.”

Since they hadn’t seen Wu Ruo for half a month, it was obvious to them that Wu Ruo had lost some weight.

“Really?” Wu Ruo was very happy on hearing that they all said he lost weight.

Wu Zhu nodded with a smile, “Yes, you do. Your face is not as round as before. And your cotton wadded robe loosens a lot.”

Wu Ruo felt that his robes were getting loose too. His clothes used to be very tight like they were wrapping on his body.

Wu Qianqing looked a bit worried, “Ruo, are you on diet to lose weight?”

It happened before. To lose weight, he stopped eating and finally got seriously sick in bed.

“No, I am not. Xuanyi got a doctor for me and the treatment is working.”

Wu Zhu patted Hei Xuanyi on the shoulder and expressed his gratitude, “Xuanyi, thank you for getting a doctor for my brother.”

Hei Xuanyi simply answered, “He is my wife.”

He simply implied that it was his job to get a doctor for his wife.

Everyone got what he was trying to say and then looked at each other, smiling.