chapter 40: What Benefit can I Get? (2)

The list he gave Shiyou was the one Hei Xin gave him.

“Pretty sure. I have read the list for many times and I remember every single item on it.”

Wu Ruo realized that his betrothal presents were not only stolen but also replaced with lower quality ones. It guessed it right. It should be that those people who took them meant to take all them away and replace with some shoddy stuff, but since could not take them all in such a short time, they could only exchange a part of them.

He lowered his voice and asked, “Shiyou, have you found who stole my presents?”

“I only tracked some.”

“Whose hands are they in?”

“They are in the hands of your grandfather and your uncles. And…” Shiyou paused, “they gave some to your great-grandfather.”

Wu Ruo sneered. He was not surprised that Wu Bufang would also take a share of his betrothal presents. If he didn’t, how dare others lay a finger on them?

In last life, Wu Bufang was a hypocrite in his mind. Earlier in the morning, when he said that he was going to his own room to get changed, he must have gone back to unwrap the presents. If he was satisfied with the presents which were exactly what he needed, he would speak for them. Otherwise, he wouldn’t allow them to use all the materials so easily.

“I haven’t found the rest. My guess is that they have been sent to other courtyards.”

Wu Ruo said carelessly, “As long as you have found who in the South Courtyard took my presents. Do you know what my second uncle and youngest uncle took?”

Shiyou named a long list of them.

Wu Ruo’s face grew colder, “do you know what are particularly rare or unavailable in our kingdom among those things?”

“Corpse Bone Dragon Nail and Ghost Flute are made by the lordship himself and the materials can’t be found in this kingdom.” Shiyou answered without hesitation.

“Where are they now?” Wu Ruo asked, with his eyes narrowed.

“Your second uncle has the Corpse Bone Dragon Nail and your youngest uncle has the other.”

“I see.” Wu Ruo asked Shijiu, “when can you take the shopkeeper of the casino to me?”

“Tonight.”

Wu Ruo nodded in satisfaction. He checked and compared those materials to select the best materials to make magical weapons.

After dinner, he drove away from Wu Mansion to Hei family. Hei Xin told him that Hei Xuanyi was busy in his study. Therefore, he took the time to take a bath before Shijiu took the shopkeeper of the casino to him.

Shopkeeper Yu’s mouth was stuffed with cloth. He could only make some purr sound.

Wu Ruo sat down before him, “Remove the cloth for him.”

Shijiu then took it away as he was told.

“You…” Shopkeeper Yu immediately recognized the person sitting in front of him was the sixth son of Wu family due to his enormous body, “You are Wu Ruo?”

Wu Ruo didn’t deny.

Shopkeeper Yu immediately got alerted but still acted calm, “Mr. Wu, what do you want from me?”

Wu Ruo took a sip of the tea that Shiyuan served and said flatly, “I was told that my two cousins, the ninth and tenth junior masters of South Courtyard, would go to your casino every half a month.”

Shopkeeper Yu was prudent to find an answer before he figured out what Wu Ruo was up to.

“Ma’am, they went to the casino every other day lately.” Shijiu said.

“Really?” Wu Ruo sneered, “Even better.”

Without beating around the bush, he directly got to the point with the shopkeeper, “I invited you here because I want you to make them lose more money.”

“Why?” Shopkeeper Yu was surprised.

Wu Ruo of course couldn’t tell him why, “Until they lose so much money that they have to borrow your money and finally they couldn’t afford the loan.”

Shopkeeper was a smart business man and soon he understood what Wu Ruo wanted him to do, “Are you saying that you want to force them to pledge their goods? Or are you going to make them say or do something?”

“I want you to force them to pledge their Corpse Bone Dragon Nail, Ghost Flute, and…” Wu Ruo’s eyes became sharp, “Dark Tooth Fan.”

Dark Tooth Fan was a magical weapon, one of his mother’s dowries. It was borrowed by his youngest uncle Wu Qiantong but he never returned it.

“These things are…” Shopkeeper Yu asked.

“They are powerful magical weapons. Remember. Make sure they sign and seal on the paper. You have to have a solid proof that they mortgaged them to you. You know what to do. When you succeed, come here and bring them to me.”

Shopkeeper Yu was not silly to argue because he was under Wu Ruo’s detain. But if he agreed too quickly, Wu Ruo might doubt his honesty. So he asked, “What benefit can I get if I make it?”

“What benefit can you get?” Wu Ruo smiled mysteriously, staring at him, “Come here.”