chapter 75: You Are so Kind (1)

When Wu Qianqing learned what happened to Wu Chu, he waited for other yards to see Wu Chu first and then he and Guan Tong strolled out of Shuqing Yard. Unlike before, he was always the first one to visit the ones he cared once they were in troubles.

Soon after they went to Shujing Yard, they came back.

Wu Ruo who still didn’t leave Wu family was surprised, “Dad, mom, why did you come back so soon?”

Wu Qianqing sat on a chair and didn’t answer him, looking terrible.

Guan Tong choked with watering eyes, “Chu was so seriously hurt. When we made it to Shujing Yard, he was gone.”

Wu Ruo slightly knitted his brows, feeling a bit surprised. So Wu Chu just died like that?

Wu Zhu and Wu Xi didn’t believe what they heard, “How come? Who did it?”

Wu Qianqing heaved a sigh, “Your uncle assumes it was Anrun. He has already gone to North Courtyard to confront them. Ruo, you should go back now and come back later for the funeral.”

“Mm.” Wu Ruo and Hei Xuanyi then left.

After Wu Ruo went back to Hei mansion, he asked Shiyi, “How did Wu Chu die?”

Shiyi replied, “The moment he stepped out of Wu mansion, our people sent a message to Wu Anrun saying that Wu Chu went to drink alone. Then Wu Anrun sent people to murder Wu Chu. Wu Chu was not powerful enough to protect himself and was killed eventually. Our people have left a clue to Wu Qianjing and others. With a little effort, he would find out Wu Anrun was behind this.”

“Good.” Wu Ruo smiled, “Days in Wu family would be very busy in the future.”

Early in the morning the next day, Wu Zhu and Wu Xi came to Hei Mansion to pick up Wu Ruo to attend Wu Chu’s funeral.

Because of the convention that juniors’ funeral shouldn’t be a big one and seniors were not allowed to attend, Wu Qianjing arranged his eldest son Wu Anqi to take charge of Wu Chu’s funeral.

The funeral was held in the ancestral hall of Wu family on the outskirts of Gaoling town. It was simple and quiet. There were only not many mourners, all of whom were the younger generation.

Wu Xi got off the carriage and whispered, “Human life is really fragile. One young man died just like that.”

Wu Zhu frowned, “Anrun is too cruel. How could he murder his own family for a woman?”

Wu Ruo asked as though he didn’t know anything, “Are you sure it was Anrun?”

“Yes. There is solid evidence, a token that belongs to the North Courtyard was found on the crime scene. Uncle Qianjing demanded a life for a life but was turned down by Wu Anrun’s father. Now the North and South Courtyard are very tense. Even great-grandfather doesn’t know how to deal with it. They are both families and he has to be fair to everyone since he doesn’t want anyone else to be killed anymore.”

The saddest thing was that Wu Chu couldn’t be given middle name AN and thus couldn’t be listed in the ancestral hall because he hadn’t gone out for training. It basically meant that Wu Chu could not be rendered as a member of Wu family.

When they arrived at the gate of the hall, they all kept quiet.

The ancestral hall was decorated in white and in the center of the hall was a black coffin. Wu Anqi and his siblings were sobbing on one side. Mourners went up to burn incense and gave their condolence to the family before they left the hall.

Wu Ruo looked around the hall and caught that cousins from South Courtyard were staring at them, Wu Zhu and Wu Xi in particular.

If he didn’t take it wrong, they must have identified the materials of Wu Zhu and Wu Xi’s pendants.

As Wu Xi noticed their stare, she tugged Wu Zhu’s sleeve and whispered, “Big brother, I want to get out of here.”

As everyone was here, Wu Zhu didn’t think it was polite to leave right after they arrived. But he also noticed people’s staring, therefore, he said, “Let’s go outside the hall.”

“Mm.” Wu Xi nodded quickly, walked out of the hall, exhaled a big breath and then whispered to Wu Zhu, “Did you see that? They are all staring at us. And they look like they are going to eat us live.”

“Don’t be afraid.” Wu Zhu patted her on the shoulder, “They may be still holding resentment because of Ruo’s betrothal presents. We can just ignore them.”

“Mm.” Wu Xi comforted Wu Ruo, “Ruo, don’t worry. We will protect you.”

Hearing that, Wu Ruo felt a bit embarrassed, but also slightly touched.

At the moment, Wu Yu walked out of the hall and moved toward them with a smile, “Zhu, Ruo, Xi, you are all hiding here. It’s cold outside. Why don’t you go inside?”

“We feel so sad for Chu’s death. So we need some fresh air.” Wu Zhu said.

“No one wants it to be like this. Hope you are feeling better now. By the way, actually I got something that I need to talk to you.”

“What is it about?” Wu Zhu asked.