chapter 174: The Story of Last Life (4)

“Hei Xuanyi.” He leaned Hei Xuanyi’s body in his arms to feel his pulse which indicated that Hei Xuanyi was very weak like he was dying. He tried to search pill in his storage space. But since he was dead now, he had no power to open the space. And he was not sure if he still had those power since he was already dead.

“Hei Xin. Hei Xin. Hurry up!”

Hei Xin rushed in, “what’s wrong?”

“Hei Xuanyi is dying.” Wu Ruo said sadly.

Hei Xin gave Hei Xuanyi a pill to take and sighed, “he doesn’t care about his own well-being at all. His spiritual land was ruined to avoid the ghost hunter. Now he transferred his power to you. Of course, he can’t take it anymore.”

Wu Ruo held Hei Xuanyi tightly into his arms and didn’t say a word.

“My lady, his lordship should lie down and have a good rest now.” Hei Xin reminded him.

Wu Ruo tucked Hei Xuanyi in and wrote a prescription for Hei Xin to buy medication for Hei Xuanyi. Once he confirmed that Hei Xuanyi finally gained a bit spiritual power, he asked, “where are my parents?”

“They are already in coffins and rest in the hall.” Hei Xin said.

“Thank you.” Wu Ruo went out of the room to see his parents, clenching his fists.

The hall had been set up as a mourning hall. Wu Ruo’s parents were put in one big coffin. Wu Qianqing’s hands and heads were sewed back to his body. Guan Tong was dressed with new clothes. They rested peacefully as if they were just sleeping.

“Mom, dad, rest in peace. If you see Zhu and Xi, tell them that I have avenged them. And I will kill Ruan Zhizheng and his master Shifu for sure!” Wu Ruo said as he organized Wu Qianqing and Guan Tong’s dress.

“Lord.” A guard said suddenly.

Wu Ruo looked up and saw Hei Xuanyi. He was so worried about his condition and went forward to help him, “you are still weak. Why don’t you have a good rest on bed?”

Hei Xuanyi laid his eyes on the hand that helped him, “it’s your parents’ funeral today. How can sleep on bed?”

Wu Ruo was so touched and couldn’t come up with a word, just holding his arm.

Hei Xuanyi hesitated but still patted him on the shoulder and comforted him, “don’t be sad.”

Wu Ruo hugged him immediately, “Hei Xuanyi, thank you for being here.”

If it were not for him, he wouldn’t avenge his family.

“…” Hei Xuanyi.

It was the first time Wu Ruo hugged him.

He hugged him back with the hand that just patted Wu Ruo’s shoulder.

“Hei Xuanyi, help me find Ruan Zhizheng and his master Shifu. They killed me and my parents.”

Hei Xuanyi’s eyes got cold at the moment he thought of the man who killed Wu Ruo, “I will!”

Wu Ruo hugged him tightly and said no more. This man was all he had now. Just him!

Five days later, it was the funeral. Wu Ruo didn’t bury his parents at Wu family graveyard. He bought a new graveyard and also moved his brother’s tomb to the new graveyard to buried together with his parents. Then he piled up all bodies of the Wu family in front of his parents’ tomb and burnt them.

After the funeral, he burned the Wu mansion.

The fire lasted for three days and nights. No one in Gaoling town dared to get close to the house. They only knew that the entire Wu family died at once for no reason.

When Hei Xuanyi was almost recovered, they started to look for Ruan Zhizheng and his master Shifu.

On the journey, they killed all Wu family members that went out for training and Wu daughters who had been married to others and their husbands.

In just two months, over a dozen households were killed.

As they were told that Ruan Zhizheng was hiding somewhere in the Imperial City, Wu Ruo and Hei Xuanyi decided to move to the Imperial City.

On the day they moved in, Hei Yin brought Wu Xi’s ashes that he travelled far to Cambodia and dug out from the ground to the Imperial City and presented it to Wu Ruo.

Wu Ruo was thrilled and moved. Since he buried his parents, he had always wanted to get Wu Xi’s ashes back to China and buried it with his parents. But he was guilty to ask the favor because Hei Xuanyi had helped him a lot. Hei Xuanyi gave him whatever he wanted and kill whoever he hated. Therefore, he didn’t want to bother him with Wu Xi’s ashes. Perhaps he could leave Wu Xi in Cambodia.

But it never occurred to him that Hei Xuanyi could know what was on his mind even if he had never mentioned it. And he also asked Hei Yin to bring Wu Xi’s ashes back to him.

As he cleaned the urn excitedly, Wu Ruo looked at the man who had been there with him all these times. He finally asked, “Hei Xuanyi, why are treating me so well?”