chapter 55: He Is so God-favored (1)

As Wu Xuanran didn’t blame those thieves who stole the gifts but instead, shouted at him as the victim, Wu Qianqing assumed that his father should have been a part of the whole thing. He felt he had never been so disappointed to his whole family like this before.

He abruptly turned around to Wu Bufang and said heavily, “Grandfather, I bed you to uphold justice for me and find the people who took my son’s presents, and let those who stole my son’s betrothal gifts give them back.”

“Sure thing. I will definitely get your presents back.” Wu Bufang frowned.

Just now Hei Xin even brought out Wu Chenzi. If he didn’t get back the presents for Wu Qianqing, he might even make this known to him. By then, he would be really disgraced.

If the world knew that Wu family was greedy enough to have stolen things from the juniors, they would all laugh at them.

Wu Bufang said angrily to Wu Qianjing, face sunk, “Shame on you for stealing presents from a junior! If anyone outside knows about it, do you think people would still trust us? After you go back, you have to return all the presents to Ruo right away. And write a letter of repentance and come to me to receive your punishment.”

Now that the evidence was solid and Wu Qiantong admitted that he took the presents, the others couldn’t deny it. They could only agree reluctantly.

Wu Qiantong was not happy about giving those things back. “What about those thing we have used?”

“Then you should pay with the money. None of the presents is worth less than 100 thousand taels of silver, and some of them even cost more than 500 thousand.” Hei Xin sneered.

“You are plundering a burning house. You tell me, which one of those things cost over 100 thousand taels of silver?” Wu Qiantong got burnt up.

“If you don’t agree on the price, you should return all the presents in whole piece.”

“You…” Wu Qiantong was so angry that he even choked on his words.

Seeing that Wu Qiantong still tried to quibble for himself after making such a huge mistake, Wu Fangbu really couldn’t take it, “Move your ass and bring the presents back now!”

“Wait.” Hei Xin took a water blue jade fan out of his sleeve, “The two young masters also pledged this to the shopkeeper of the gambling house. I should give it back to you.”

He then put the fan on the table.

Wu Ruo was surprised, “Isn’t it my mother’s magical weapon?”

Wu Qiantong’s eyes were wide open because of anger. How dare Wu Bai that son of a bitch pledged two of tyhem!

He reached out for the fan but Wu Qianqing got it before him.

Wu Qianqing shot an ice cold eye at Wu Qiantong, “I lent the fan to you because you said you needed it. I tried to ask you to return but you refused to do so. And finally you had no excuse to make and just said that you wouldn’t give it back because I don’t need it. But now you mortgaged it to someone. You really let me down!”

“…” Wu Qiantong.

Wu Qianqing had enough with his brothers. Without caring about their brotherhood no more, he jerked to say to Wu Bufang, “Grandfather, didn’t ask me where my magical weapons were last time?”

The four brothers’ face changed slightly.

“Yes, I did. What?” Wu Bufang observed the four brothers.

“Now I can tell you that my brothers have borrowed all my and my wife’s magical weapons. They promised that they would return them within seven days but it has been three months but they had no intention to return them at all. I once asked them to give them back but they refused to do so. Now I want to ask them to return my magical weapons with everyone here as my witness. My children still need to use them to protect themselves.”

Finally he realized that the reason why his brothers refused to return his magical weapons was because he was being too nice.

Wu Ruo smiled a bit, lips slightly curled. It was he who told Hei Xin to take the fan out after everything else was settled. Given his father’s characteristics, he wouldn’t let them keep bullying them.

“Is it true?” Wu Bufang asked the four brothers.

As they were about to deny it, Hei Xin interjected, “Before we came to Gaoling Town, the Prime Minister kept praising chief Wu and your fellow family, saying you are all very talented and decent. But today you refreshed my vision. You not only stole a junior’s betrothal gifts but also refuse to return the magical weapons you borrowed. If the Prime Minister knows about it, I wonder if he would think you are slapping his face.”

The four brothers’ face turned from green to dark. If they could, they would already pounce on Hei Xin and tear him apart.

Wu Bufang also cared about his dignity. He ordered the four brothers to return the magical weapons to Wu Qianqing right away.

“We can give them back but you have to give back the materials we gave to you earlier. Since you have those magical weapons back now, you don’t need those materials anymore.” Wu Qianqing said grumpily.

Did he just threaten him? Wu Qianqing said coldly, “You borrowed my magical weapons, and you promised that you would return them within seven days. Now it has been three months. You should return them as you promised. And you also promised that you would lend us materials. When my son comes back from training, he will find the same materials and pay them back. Besides, I have already used up all the materials you gave me. How can I return them?”

He emphasized the words “same”.

“You…”