chapter 54: Do You still Call Yourselves Human?

The present list that Hei Xin gave to Wu Qianqing was more than twice long as the list that Wu Qianqing had in the sleeve.

Wu Xuanran and the four brothers were all ashamed. They wished they could argue back and deny it but they just couldn’t when they saw Wu Qianqing’s reddened furious eyes.

“No wonder the handwriting on the list looked so familiar. It turned out to be written by my big brother’s butler. How could you steal my son’s betrothal presents?”

Wu Qianqing took out the present list from his sleeve and smashed it onto the table. Bang! It was like he was slapping Wu Qianjing and the others’ faces. The four brothers felt so embarrassed, angry and shameless.

Guan Tong had always known that the brothers-in-law were used to taking advantage of her husband. On the bright side, her brothers-in-law were kind to them and often thought of them when they had gotten something nice. However, it never occurred to her that they could be so selfish to have stolen her son’s betrothal presents.

And the thing was they took most of the presents away. And way worse than that, they even replaced the rest small amount with much lower quality items. They really had gone too far.

“…” Before Wu Bufang prayed that Hei Xin wouldn’t find out that they had taken most of the presents. It turned out that he was wrong. How could Hei Xin not be aware of something wrong since he was such a capable butler who took good care of everything in Hei family?

When he was about to say something, Wu Qiantong who was not happy with his easygoing third brother getting so aggressive, yelling, “We just took some betrothal presents. Qianqing, do you really need to be so petty?”

Now that Wu Qianqing knew it, he thought there was no need to hide it.

“Yeah.” Dong Mingji echoed.

“Both of you, shut up.” Wu Bufang shouted.

Dong Mingji shrunk her shoulder in fear.

Wu Qiantong snorted and looked away. But what he said triggered Wu Qianqing’s anger that had been accumulated in his heart for a long time, “I am petty? You said I am petty? Wu Qiantong, would you be happy if I took your daughter’s betrothal presents? Would you be so kind to just let it go? Besides, it was my son who got married with another man as his wife! My son!”

He poured out his anger and resentment that had been piled up for these days.

No father would want to marry his son to a man as his wife. As a father, he was a total failure. He wasn’t able to protect his son, so his son would have suffered so much pain.

His great anger shocked everyone there.

People stared at him whose eyes turned all red. They had never seen him like this before, ever.

Even Wu Ruo had never seen such a furious Wu Qianqing, not even in his previous life. And he never thought Wu Qianqing would be totally outraged by this thing.

Wu Qianqing’s sad and angered face ached everyone’s heart. No one dared to make a sound.

Guan Tong moved next to her husband and held his hand to support him.

Wu Qianqing glared at his so-called family, “You even stole my son’s betrothal presents! Do you still call yourself human?”

“Wu Qianqing, watch your language in front of elders!” Wu Xuanran said heavily, face looking grim.

Although he knew Wu Qianqing was referring to his four brothers, he also took the betrothal presents. Therefore, Wu Qianqing included him in when he said those words.