chapter 160: The Prime minister's birthday banquet (2)

It was then that Wu Bufang and Yao Shuyuan noticed the handsome man standing next to Wu Ruo. They were amazed how beautiful he was. Then they saw the interlocked fingers between him and Wu Ruo, they were shocked, “He is Xuanyi? Ruo’s husband?”

They being together was quite a view. Everything else paled beside their beauty. They were the only thing you would focus on.

Wu Qianqing explained why Hei Xuanyi had worn the fake skin before.

“I see.” Wu Bufang and Yao Shuyuan didn’t care much about Hei Xuanyi’s fake skin. But they were happy for them that Hei Xuanyi had a house in the capital. Unlike them, Wu Bufang and Yao Shuyuan had to crash in Yao’s side yard, meaning that they had to follow the family’s rules while others looked down upon them. Therefore, they decided to buy a house and move out after a while.

Right at the moment, a ray of light cracked open the sky. At the same time, the gate of the temple creaked open. As the two doors were slowly opened wider, everything inside the temple were revealed.

“It’s open.” The crowd said excitedly.

Inside the temple, it was no different from other temples, growing towering evergreen pine trees. In the backyard of the temple, there was a nine-story tower. They stopped walking once they got to the front of the tower. Led by Wu family chiefs in front, the others stood where they were supposed to be.

Soon the gate of the tower opened. Wu Chenzi, who had spent the night in the tower, walked out of the tower. It was his 150th birthday, but he looked like he was forty-something as though he stopped aging. Holding a golden wand in hand and wearing a dark blue dress, his handsome face was serious, tightening his lips, eyes full of sharpness, he walked to the platform step by step solemnly like a king.

Everyone kept absolute silent and looked at him in awe.

Wu Ruo’s mind went blank for a second. It was the first time he was this close to Wu Chenzi. But he had no respect for him. He only thought that man was ridiculous because he was just a hypocrite, a hypocrite who was better at pretending to be nice on the outside than Wu Bufang and others.

Wu Chenzi had a slow scan over a thousand of Wu family members. Finally his stern face showed a tinge of smile, “we are seeing a more prosperous family, which I am very happy with. Let’s hope we can keep making it great.”

“Under your leadership.” The crowd said.

“Your excellency, it’s about time.” The Wu family chief walked upward and said.

Wu Chenzi nodded and stood on the formation that had been arranged early. With his eyes closed, he raised the golden wand overhead, incanting a long spell.

Wu Ruo’s eyes were fixed on him. Perhaps his attention was too focused on him, he even saw golden ray running through Wu Chenzi’s body, just like a golden water snake slowly crawling on his veins. Wu Ruo was not sure about it because the golden ray was on and off.

He was so shocked because he had never seen such a thing. Was it a new skill that Wu Chenzi had invented?

Wu Ruo looked around and everyone were so calm.

No! It was not right.

It did make sense if the Wu family in imperial capital stayed calm about it. But his parents, Xi and Hei Xuanyi who had never seen it before still stayed calm, which was weird.

Was he mistaken?

Wu Ruo rubbed his eyes and took another look. The golden ray in Wu Chenzi’s body was gone. It seemed that everything he saw never existed.

He took a deep breath and looked at Wu Chenzi again. The golden ray was back again.

Wu Ruo pulled Hei Xuanyi’s sleeve.

Hei Xuanyi looked at him.

Wu Ruo opened his mouth but decided not to say anything because they were surrounded by people. He would talk to him after the ritual was over.

Hei Xuanyi held his hand tightly as he assumed that Wu Ruo was nervous.

Wu Ruo had a look at him and then at Wu Chenzi again. The golden ray got into Wu Chenzi’s spiritual land and his body glowed with golden light as though there was a god in him. Wu Ruo also saw a golden figure behind Wu Chenzi.

The Wu family chief went forward to burn the incense sticks and worshiped with the others. Then they started a long chanting for pray just as monks chant scriptures.

A long time later, they finally finished chanting. Thousands of golden rays shot out under Wu Chenzi’s feet and the rays warmed everyone at present like the rising sun.

Everyone in the family smiled happily.

“The pray succeeds!”

Those who hadn’t seen this before were confused by the situation. They looked at where Wu Chenzi stood and found that Wu Chenzi looked even younger than before after the golden rays disappeared.

Wu Xi was shocked. Since others were whispering too, she said to Guan Tong, “mom, don’t you think he seems to be younger than before?”

Guan Tong nodded.

“It must be your first time to pray here, right?” Someone next to them sneered.