chapter 79: It Puked (1)

“And then…” Even recalling that horrible scene, Wu Zhu already couldn’t help trembling, “It opened its bloody big mouth and aimed at me. I struggled to run but I couldn’t manage to get back on my feet at all because of the huge pain. When I thought I would be so dead, it suddenly made a stop, then sniffed on me, and then it suddenly stepped backward, and started to puke.”

“It puked?” Wu Qianqing, Guan Tong and Wu Xi all stared at him, confused.

Wu Ruo’s lips slightly curved upward.

“Yes. It puked. It even vomited out the bodies it just swallowed.” Wu Zhu nodded while saying so.

“Mom, I am so scared.” Wu Xi hurriedly hugged Guan Tong.

“No worries. No worries. I’m here.” Guan Tong patted her on the back.

“Was it because it was too full of human bodies?” Qu Qianqing asked.

Wu Zhu didn’t answer his question but continued, “I tried to run away taking advantage that it was still puking. And then I ran into five servants from Wu Family in the woods. They just attacked me for no reason.”

“They are evils. They even tried to kill you at such a critical time. What happened then, big brother? Did you kill the?” Wu Xi said angrily.

Wu Zhu shook his head, “Their spiritual power level is higher than me. I am not their match at all. Fortunately I’ve got many magical weapons. Especially the one Ruo gave me was very powerful. It knocked down two of them at once and the other three were eaten by the giant demon that had chased after me. It also ate the other two that I knocked over.”

“Well done.” Wu Xi cheered.

Guan Tong frowned, “What are you cheering for? The demon would eat your big brother after the servants.”

“Yes. The demon went after me once he finished all the five servants.” Wu Zhu felt sick the second he remembered the bloody giant mouth. The mouth was scary and also smelly. He could smell the dead bodies from its breath especially when the demon approached him, “But it puked again when he got near me.”

“Puked again? Big brother, is it because you didn’t take a shower or what?” Wu Xi felt a bit strange.

“It’s true I was too busy to bathe for two days. But I was not the only one. So I don’t think that’s the reason.”

“Why do you think it puked?” Wu Qianqing asked.

Wu Zhu touched the little bag around his neck and said to Wu Ruo, “I think Ruo may answer the question.”

The family all turned to look at Wu Ruo.

Wu Ruo looked at Wu Zhu, wearing a bewildering face, “Me? How could I possibly know?”

“Yeah. How could he know why the demon puked?” Wu Xi said.

“Because I think the demon puked because of the pills in the bag. Other than that, I really can’t figure out any other possible explanation.” Wu Zhu had been thinking on this since he made it out.

“But what I gave you is refreshing medicine.” Wu Ruo smiled.

In fact, Wu Zhu got it right.

On that day, after Shopkeeper Yu lied to Wu Shi saying that his friend needed the magical weapons and wanted to borrow from them, Wu Ruo had predicted that Wu Qianqing would come back to question Shopkeeper Yu for more details. Therefore, he told Shopkeeper Yu to arrange a fake friend who planned to catch a giant demon. When Wu Qianbin came to question him, that fake friend would tell them there was a demon sealed in the depth of Headworm Woods and he would pay 200 thousand tales of silver if they would be willing to do the demon hunting job.

Wu Ruo had found the demon in last life by accident and then had made the master-servant contract with it. Ever since, the demon had had to follow Wu Ruo’s command. One time when Wu Ruo was making refreshing pills, the demon had puked for entire three days because of the strong smell. It was nearly exhausted to death. Human was insensitive to the smell of the refreshing pill which only took effect in human body when it was taken in.

That was why he made the refreshing pills in the first place and also why he agreed on his big brother to join the mission.

“Really?” Wu Zhu couldn’t believe it.

“Big brother, you will know after trying one.”

Wu Zhu took out one of the pills and ate it. Instantly, he felt quite refreshing and very energetic, “It is refreshing.”

“Told you so. Do you think I can predict what you might encounter like Elder Rong? And even can tell which medicine could chase off which kind of demon? I wish I could be so awesome.”

“But why did you give me something to refresh myself? Shouldn’t it be something life-saving?” Wu Zhu asked.

“I would love to help you with your mission, of course. So I gave you the refreshing pill I just learned to make. It can help relieve your tiredness on the road and you would not feel tired easily on the way.”

“Ruo, when do you start to learn refining elixirs?” Wu Qianqing wondered.

“Xuanyi got a doctor for me one time. I learned some medical skills from the doctor at casual time. It requires no spiritual power to make refreshing pill.” Wu Ruo explained.

“That makes sense.” Wu Qianqing frowned, “As Zhu said, the guards who meant to kill you either from Wu family or those who disguised as Wu family ambushing you outside the woods.”

“That’s what I thought.” Wu Zhu nodded, “If they had blended in from the beginning, there is no way that my fourth uncle and others didn’t know.”

“If they are not from Wu family, things would be easy. But if…”