chapter 92: Hungry Ghost Festival (4)

A moment later, they arrived at the finishing line and got all three flags.

When Wu Sheng made it to the finishing line, Wu Ruo had already received the rewards.

“Brother Sheng, we won.” Wu Ruo said.

Wu Sheng, Wu Xia and Wu Xia’s friends were so mad that their faces turned all red. But still, they didn’t show any intention of taking out their bank note.

“Bet is bet.” Wu Ruo said.

Wu Xia was not feeling well because he had been so sure that he would win. Glancing at Wu Ruo, Hei Xuanyi and Eggie, suddenly an idea came across his mind. He roared, “It doesn’t count.”

“Doesn’t count?” Wu Ruo frowned, eyes narrowed.

“We take one ice cart each, while you three take one ice cart. It doesn’t count.”

“You didn’t mention that the three of us can’t take one ice cart before the race, neither did the event rules.” Wu Ruo argued.

“My team member usually takes one ice cart each. How can I know you would take one for three? It’s not fair.” Wu Sheng quibbled.

Wu Ruo’s eyes turned cold. He poked the pole on the ground and asked coldly, “Do you really mean it? Huh?”

Guards of Hei family instantly gathered around. There were 30 of them, obviously outnumbering Wu Sheng’s team which was composed of over a dozen players.

“Wu Ruo, are you threatening us with force?” Wu Sheng said heavily, face sunk.

“You are the ones who want to get away with the bet. You forced us.” Said Wu Ruo as he scanned more than 20 folks nearby, “Brother Sheng, people are all watching you. You don’t want to ruin the reputation of East Courtyard too, do you?”

Everyone from Wu family was mortified on hearing that.

Thinking that no one would hire the South Courtyard for anything because of their bad reputation, Wu Sheng returned the ten thousand taels of silver banknote to Hei Xin and one hundred taels of gold they lost to Wu Ruo.

“Brother Sheng, all of you lost. Shouldn’t you pay one hundred each?” Wu Ruo checked the gold.

“Wu Ruo, don’t you go too far.” Wu Xia was furious.

“Wu Xia, what did you call me? Say that again!” Wu Ruo shot a sharp stare.

Wu Xia glared at him, thinking that he was younger than Wu Ruo and Wu Ruo had so many guards with him, and murmured unwillingly, “Brother Ruo.”

“Don’t do that again.” Wu Ruo scanned them, “I will take one hundred this time for the sake of not making the rules clear. Xuanyi, let’s go.”

“Mm.” Hei Xuanyi helped Wu Ruo get back on the ice cart, made a push, and the ice cart got sliding forward.

The guards of Hei Mansion all left too.

Watching them leave, Wu Xia’s eyes turned red, “Wu Ruo, I’ll make you suffer one day.”

“You are right. He can’t be protected so well every time.” Chen Hou said.

“Let’s go home and discuss.” Wu Sheng said as he saw those folks nearby.

The others nodded and got back on the ice carts to slide back.

When they were only 30 meters away from the finishing line, the ice started to crack from under.

“What’s that sound?” Wu Sheng knitted his brows.

Wu Xia looked ahead and saw the ice condition, “No! The ice is cracking. Everybody, fall back!”

“What?” Everyone looked down under their feet and saw the crack extending quickly to every direction.

Before they responded, the ice on the entire river cracked. The thick ice was falling into pieces and fell into the river. The folks on the river bank were shocked by what they saw. Wu Xia and his people all fell into water, becoming drowning dogs, looking super embarrassed.

The folks thought Wu Ruo would also fall into the water. But to their surprises, their ice carts started to fly in the sky toward the town already.

Wu Xian swam back to the shore. As the cold wind blew by, he felt so cold that even his teeth quivered violently and the water on his body turned into ice.

Looking at Wu Ruo who was flying far away, he sulked, eyes turning red, gritting his teeth, “Wu Ruo, now we are sworn enemies.”

The thing was Wu Ruo couldn’t hear him at all. Even he did, he wouldn’t care whatever he said because all his focus was on Hei Xuanyi now.

Looking at the running water below, Wu Ruo asked Hei Xuanyi, “You did that, didn’t you?”

Among all people here, only Hei Xuanyi was capable of crashing the entire river.

Hei Xuanyi didn’t deny it.

“Father, you are awesome.” Eggie clapped his hands and cheered.

Wu Ruo chuckled and turned to look over at the sunset. The warm sunshine on the river brought a touch of gold rim to the water.

“It’s spectacular.” He was amazed.

Wu Ruo moved his eyes away from the river to Hei Gan and the guards. Thanks to the warm sunshine, their expressionless faces looked warmer than usual, unlike before, with only indifference.

However, in last life, these people looked detestable in his eyes. He had never shown kindness to them. But in this life, he saw kindness and softness in them, unlike that cold like he had thought.