chapter 194: Don't Be Silly (2)

"Yanli, what are you doing here?" Wu Yanli went up to care about his sister who looked absent-minded.

Wu Yanli couldn't help crying at the sight of her own brother.

Wu Yanli held her in his arms and asked, "why are you crying? Is it something bad? Tell me."

Wu Yanli kept crying but refused to say why.

Wu Yanlan asked the maids seriously, "what happened?"

Wu Yanli's maid told everything happened earlier.

Wu Yanlan got nervous and said, "Yanli, listen, that man is married to a man. His partner is the person who irritated the crown prince at great grandfather's birthday banquet. The man's name is Hei Xuanyi. He is into man. So you mustn't love him. And don't stand against aunt as well. She is a lunatic. She can do whatever she wants."

The maid was shocked, "he is into men? But he is so gorgeous."

Wu Yanli was surprised too but finally nodded to agree with Wu Yanlan's warning.

"Ok. Let's go back." Wu Yanlan and Wu Yanli went back to their own yard.

The man they were talking about had gotten off the carriage, carrying Wu Qianqing in his arms, on his way to Wu Qianqing's yard. Once he put Wu Qianqing down on the bed, Hei Yin who had been in charge of protecting Wu Qianqing and Guan Tong showed himself and said, "he is cursed."

Wu Ruo repeated, squinting his eyes, "cursed?"

"How come?" Guan Tong was shocked.

"I don't know how he was cursed. He was strange after he went to the loo. Then he went over the wall to the General's mansion. If it were not for us to knock him down with ghost Qi, he would have killed the General's wife and mother. After he passed out, a man in black inserted Master Qianqing's sword into the General's wife. We tried to stop him but Assistant Zheng rush in. That is why he assumed that Master Qianqing killed the General's wife."

Wu Ruo was grateful what Hei Yin did. If it were not for him, his father would have been wronged.

"Is there anything we can do to uncast the curse?" Guan Tong inhaled.

"Let me try." Wu Ruo felt Wu Qianqing's pulse, "it's not a curse. Because there are bewitched worms in dad's body."

"Who did that?" Guan Tong asked anxiously.

Wu Ruo could guess who it was but he didn't say anything.

At that time Wu Qianqing opened his eyes and stared blankly at them.

"Qianqing." Guan Tong cried with joy.

Wu Qianqing said expressionlessly, "I killed the General's wife."

Guan Tong was shocked.

"..." Wu Ruo.

"..." Hei Xuanyi.

He was right. If his father had come around and said it out right away, the whole family would have been put into prison.

"I am the one who sends assassins to kill General Ren." Wu Qianqing added.

Wu Ruo took out a set of silver needles from his storage space to perform acupuncture therapy on his father. He was very proficient in it.

Guan Tong was surprised that her son was good at acupuncture therapy and clearing bewitched worms. As proficient as he was, he probably had spent a few years to be that good.

As Wu Ruo inserted the last needle, Wu Qianqing vomited a bunch of worms out of his mouth. He quickly threw a rune toward the worms which were then burnt into ashes.

Wu Qianqing struggled to look up. His eyes started to concentrate. He asked Guan Tong confusedly, "what's wrong with me?"

"How are you feeling?" Guan Tong asked.

"I remember the last place I went was toilet. Why am I here in my room?" Wu Qianqing was confused.

"You don't remember what happened?" Guan Tong asked.

Wu Qianqing tried to remember but shook his head, "No, I don't."

Guan Tong told him what happened earlier.

Wu Qianqing said seriously, "Luckily Xuanyi's guards followed you. Otherwise, we would be in a big trouble. Nothing good happened every time we go to Wu family. We'd better not go there in the future."

"Dad, do you think it has anything to do with Wu family?" Wu Ruo asked.

"I do think so. But I can't find a reason why they did it to me. If they want me to take the blame, why would they have me gone from Wu mansion? Does it mean they are involved with this thing?"

"Perhaps that's the exact reason why Wu family could get away from it."

"It's possible. But we are here in the city for a very short time. Why would they harm again and again?"

Wu Ruo had a look at Hei Xuanyi.

"..." Hei Xuanyi.

Guan Tong's eyes were full of wrath as she heard their conversation. She said, squeezing the handkerchief, "if-if I still had my power, how could they possibly harm you?"

"..." Wu Ruo.

Did it mean that his father once was very powerful?

"Don't be silly." Wu Qianqing said, holding her hands.

"Dad, they will ask you questions to investigate the assassination. If they ask, just tell them that you went over to help them because you heard the fight."

"Good. It's late. You should go to bed. We can talk about it tomorrow." Wu Qianqing nodded.