chapter 117: You Are A Liar (1)

Everyone looked over to Wu Qianqing and his family with judgment, although they were undergoing a great pain.

“…” Wu Qianqing.

Those people were really unbelievable.

“Now that we are fine, does it mean we did this to you? Does it mean that you only believe us if we are also hurt? Aren’t you too vicious holding such a thought?” Guan Tong said heavily.

Wu Xi was also very angry, “Aunt, you accused my brother of hurting everyone because you took his betrothal gifts. But we all know that people from other courtyards also took his gifts. But why only people from the South Courtyard get the bewitched worms while others are perfectly fine? Besides, what good could my brother get for harming you? Before things get clear, you’d better think through what you say. Don’t stab others behind the back.”

“He started with the South Courtyard because he can get an easy access to it.” Dong Mingji threw herself to Wu Bufang, “Grandfather, you have to hold justice for us. I am pretty sure that Wu Ruo is the one who hurt us. Except, no one has a reason to do so.”

“Dong Mingji!” Wu Qianqing shot a cold stare at her, “Don’t you jump to the conclusion before things are clear! Your random guess will only cause internal fight within the family. Are you only happy that the real murderer is at large while we are biting each other? If the South Courtyard falls apart someday, you are the accomplice!”

Dong Mingji was mortified by his tough stare and hid herself behind Wu Bufang.

Wu Bufang had spent his life on making the family grow stronger and prosperous. Falling apart was the last thing he would want to see. After hearing Wu Qianqing’s words, he shot a hard stare at Dong Mingji, “Before things are made clear, we should not suspect anyone randomly.”

“Grandfather, should we find someone to get rid of the worms for us?” Liao Liuyan said with a weak voice.

They still could bear the pain for a while thanks to their spiritual power. Otherwise, they would only prepare their coffins in advance.

“Don’t you say that there is a wizard at Ruo’s house? We can invite him over to check on us.” Mu Xiuwan said, struggling with the pain.

“Yes. They do have a wizard. Grandfather, please invite him here to check on us. As long as he cures us, we would believe that he is not the one who used the witchcraft on us.”

Wu Xi twitched her mouth sarcastically. Shame on her! How could she suspect a person and ask for his help?

After all, this was a life-and-death matter. Wu Qianqing, who disliked their attitudes, still sent a message to Wu Ruo.

When Hei Xuanyi learnt about it, he and Wu Ruo went to the South Courtyard very soon.

Many of Wu family there had never seen Hei Xuanyi before. When they saw his face covered with black scales, they couldn’t help but show contempt in their eyes. What an ugly man!

Wu Bufang asked as he only saw Hei Xuanyi and Wu Ruo, “Only the two of you? Where is the wizard? Why doesn’t he come with you?”

“He has gone back to his clan before the New Year.” Wu Ruo frowned.

The entire crowd was mortified.

Without the wizard, who could undo the witchcraft for them?

“You are a liar!” Dong Mingji shouted, “You said that because you didn’t want the wizard to cure us. What did I say? I told you that he was the one who hired a wizard to harm us. Otherwise, why don’t you let the wizard to help us?”

Wu Shi, who had lost almost half of his life, said feebly, “I agree with aunt.”

He said to Mu Xiuwan, “Grandma, please say something.”

Mu Xiuwan, who had been struggling with the huge pains, had a look at Wu Shi and said, “Ruo, if you can let the wizard cure us, we won’t blame you for casting the bewitched worms on us.”

Wu Qianqing shot a hard stare at Mu Xiuwan with a pair of red eyes, “Mother, even you think it’s Ruo!”

He was mad at most that others suspected his own son. But now even his mother did think so too, which really hurt his feelings.

Guan Tong and Wu Xi both stared at her angrily.

Mu Xiuwan roared, “Do you think I want to suspect him? But what Mingji said makes sense, doesn’t it? Anyone would suspect him since everything now all points to him. Right?”

“Mother, you call it suspicion? But you sound like you are pretty sure it was my son.” Wu Qianqing was so disappointed at his mother.

As a mother, Mu Xiuwan felt so humiliated by her own son before so many people. She got utterly discomfited,, “Yes, I believe it was him. So what?”

“…” Wu Qianqing’s eyes were filled with tears. He said disappointedly, “You really let me down, MY DEAR MOTHER!”

His tone made Mu Xiuwan flustered and she instantly turned her head.

Wu Ruo looked at them with sarcasm, “Just because we have a wizard guest, you assumed that I did the thing to you. Is that how you make your own judgment? Your brains must be poisoned.”

Hei Xuanyi took him into his arms, his eyes scanning everyone at present. His sharp eyes shivered their hearts. Even Wu Bufang was afraid to look directly into his eyes.

“Wu Ruo…”