chapter 129: A Big Monster (1)

The entire Gaoling Town was still shaking, even the outskirt of the town. The civilians all escaped out of their houses to open space as they thought it was an earthquake. And Wu family thought it was those who tried to save Ba Se made it happen, but the earth went on sshaking after they left Gaoling. They started to stay alert.

Wu Ruo calculated in the heart d and murmured, “It’s about the time.”

But this saved Ba Se’s ass. If it hadn’t been this sudden shaking, he couldn’t have made it out of the Wu family so easily.

Wu Ruo looked up at the man next to him. His lips curved upward slightly, which could barely be told that he was smiling.

“Why are you smiling?” Wu Ruo looked over in the direction he was looking but didn’t see anything amusing. But Hei Xuanyi was looking in the direction Ba Se left.

Very quickly he thought of something and asked, “Did you do something to Ba Se?”

Hei Xuanyi finally made a response as he heard Ba Se’s name. He withdrew his smile and said blandly, “I just crippled his thing.”

In fact he also crushed Ba Se’s spiritual dantian so that he would never be able to have desire for his wife.

“…” Wu Ruo.

At this time, the shaking finally stopped, and soon a monster roar sounded instead. The roar shook the ground and made people tremble with fear.

Wu family was terrified because they could tell the size of the monster judging through its roar. As loud and powerful as its roar reached just now, they could tell the monster was a big trouble hard to deal with for sure.

“A big monster is approaching Gaoling Town.” Elder Rong said.

Under Wu Bufang’s command, all Wu family members gathered on the gate tower to fight against the monster.

Wu Qianqing didn’t go with them but he let Wu Xi to go and told her to be extra careful and run if she was in danger.

Of course, the civilians also heard the roar. Their feet shivered in their boots until someone shouted, “A big monster is approaching. Everybody hide!”

All the civilians hurriedly hid themselves in their own basements. Half an hour later, the bustling streets were already empty and only scattered with messy garbage.

“Let’s go to the gate tower and take a look.” Wu Ruo said.

Hei Xuanyi didn’t go up with him. He took Wu Ruo to the highest spot in the town so that Wu Ruo could have a good look at the monster approaching. It looked like a giant white bear, but more vicious-looking than it. It had red eyes and white and spiky teeth. It kept drooling sallow saliva out of the corner of its mouth as if it had been starving for ages. The saliva dropped on the ground and hissed as if it was rotting the dirt. Its nails were extremely sharp that it could tear the wall apart with one claw. The giant black horns full of its body were attack-proof like a shield. Its enormous size dwarfed the cultivators who had to look up at it.

The West Courtyard who was responsible for the town’s security had lost most of their men within just half an hour. With the help of Wu Bufang and other Wu family members, they could only shut the monster out of the town. But soon or later, the monster would break the wall and formations to kill all the cultivators in the city.

While they were having a heated fight, someone suddenly said, “Isn’t it the big monster master Wu unsealed?”

Although it was all the loud blare of people’s magic weapons hitting on the monster, someone still heard that man’s words.

Wu Qianfan, the second master from West Courtyard, who was providing healing treatment for the wounded, was the one who heard it. He jerked to have a look who said it. As he saw it was a guard working for Wu family, he grabbed the guard and asked angrily, “What did you say?”

The guard was startled and realized that he said something he shouldn’t say, “Nothing. Nothing.”

Gritting his teeth, Wu Qianfan said, “I heard it. You just said master Wu unsealed the monster. Which master Wu did you mean? From which courtyard? You’d better tell the truth, or I will kill you right now.”

“It’s Master Wu Qianjing from South Courtyard.” The guard was threatened to tell the truth.

“Wu Qianjing?” Wu Qianfan’s eyes turned red, “Tell me everything!”

The guard told him the entire thing about Wu Qianjing going to hunt down the monster days ago.

Wu Qianfan pushed the guard away violently and sulked, “Good for you! South Courtyard! How dare you mess with such a giant monster! You are asking for death!”

He was in anguish as he saw the dead bodies of his fellowmen piled on the ground and one of them was his own son Wu Anya. He rushed to tell the whole thing to Wu Bufang.

Wu Bufang didn’t believe that the South Courtyard had caused such a big trouble. He quickly summoned Wu Qianjing to confirm.

Wu Qianjing didn’t expect that Wu Bufang would know this. His face turned pale all of sudden. He didn’t need to make a confession. Wu Bufang could already tell from his pale face that he was the one who caused the trouble. He slapped Wu Qianjing in the face and shouted, “Can you do one single good thing at all? Other than making troubles? All of you, except for Qianqing, are all troublemakers!”

Wu Qianjing was embarrassed and humiliated as he was slapped in the face in public. And he was more outraged and jealous especially when Wu Bufang mentioned Wu Qianqing. ‘Who else do you even care other than Wu Qianqing? You even care about him even after we already turned into a useless waste! If you like him so much, go get him to fight against the monster.’ Wu Qianjing thought in mind.