chapter 46: He Is the Crown Prince

Wu Ruo watched the Wu family leave Xiangpu Temple and then said to Hei Xuanyi once they had gone far away, “Did you hear what my great-grandfather said to the two elders just now?”

“Wu family, ill omen.” Hei Xuanyi said briefly.

Ill omen? Wu Ruo sneered in mind. Since he was reborn to take the revenge. How could it ever be that simple to Wu Family?

Looking up into the sky, he narrowed his eyes and said, “We don’t come here often. We should spend some time here. There is a plum woods in the backyard. And the flowers should be blooming. Shall we go and have a look?”

Without giving Hei Xuanyi a chance to speak, Wu Ruo held his wrist and dragged him all the way to the backyard.

The backyard was full of golden plum blossoms which attracted a crowd of visitors.

Wu Ruo’s eyes were searching anxiously through the woods as if he was looking for something. He had never laid his eyes on those flowers.

He and Hei Xuanyi made one circle after another, and finally stopped at the sixth time. Looking at the sky, he murmured, “Is it really not here?”

Hei Xuanyi could tell Wu Ruo didn’t come to enjoy the flowers but more like to look for someone.

“Lord, ma’am, it’s past noon. Do you want to stay here for lunch?” Hei Gan asked at this time.

“Already past noon?” Wu Ruo frowned.

“Yes.”

“Let’s go home for lunch.”

Not many people still stayed in the backyard now. Therefore, Wu Ruo dragged Hei Xuanyi to their parking spot. All of sudden, a white shadow rushed out and jumped into him, and then got bounced backward and fell to the ground unconsciously.

Wu Ruo stumbled backward. If it were not for Shiyuan who got his back, he would have been probably on the ground already.

“Are you alright?” Shiyuan tidied his clothes and asked.

“I am fine.” Wu Ruo shook his head.

Hei Gan quickly moved forward to check the man on the ground. He was a very handsome man but his face was ghastly pale. The blood on his arm had already reddened the snow. It looked like he was being hunted by someone else.

Wu Ruo observed the man in white for a while and found him quite familiar. Finally when he recognized him, he tried to keep down the thrills in his mind and looked around to make sure that no one was nearby. He hurriedly said, “Hei Gan, carry him into the carriage. Don’t let people see him.”

“Who is he?” Hei Xuanyi narrowed his eyes.

He had a feeling that the one Wu Ruo was looking for in the woods should be this man.

Wu Ruo could tell that he was not happy. Therefore, he just told him the truth in whispers, “He is the crown prince.”

Also the reason why he came to Xiangpu Temple.

He remember that in his last life, his father told him that the crown prince Ling Mohan was assassinated in the plum woods of Xiangpu Temple around noon time on winter festival when he was out on a tour of inspection disguised as a civilian in the year that he was married to Hei Xuanyi. Later then, the second prince was appointed as the new crown prince.

His father heard the news from his grandfather Wu Xuanran who was drunk and accidentally told  the story. Therefore, Wu Ruo was not if it was true. However, it was true that Ling Mohan died on the same day in his last life but the king told the world that Ling Mohan died of saving him. That was why Ling Mohan was given a decent burial.

The reason why Wu Ruo wanted to save Ling Mohan was because he had to stop Wu Chenzi assisting the second prince who was also his great-grandson become the future king while he could secure his position as the powerful Prime Minister.

As for who was after the crown prince, it was already crystal clear. As smart as the crown prince was, he should know who those people were, too. When he returned, he would definitely not go easy on them.

Hei Xuanyi was satisfied with Wu Ruo’s being honest with him. He ordered Hei Gan to do as Wu Ruo said.

Hei Gan quickly took off his cloak and wrapped it on Ling Mohan and covered the blood on the ground with snow before carrying him into the carriage.

When Hei Xuanyi and Wu Ruo both got into the carriage, Hei Gan drove away quickly.

Soon later, a group of men in black came to the Xiangpu Temple and searched for over an hour inside and outside the temple but failed to find the person they were looking for.