chapter 198: Not Good Enough (2)

Wu Weixue was so furious because she was certain that she took the blame for something she didn't do. But she couldn't think who put the blame on her, "believe it or not. I didn't hurt Wu Yanli."

"Wu Weixue!" Wu Weichu yelled even louder, "whether it's you or not, do you have the antidote?"

"I don't." Wu Weixue said heavily.

"You!" Wu Weichu raised his arm and was going to slap her again.

Wu Weixue straightened up her body, "come on! Hit me! Or kill me now! I didn't harm your precious daughter!"

"Wu Weixue!" A scream cried out at the doorway. Then a person rushed toward Wu Weixue and slapped Wu Weixue so hard that Wu Weixue's hairpin even dropped, "Wu Weixue, what did your brother and I do to you so that you harm my daughter? If you don't give me the antidote, I will drag you to the chief and he will know how to punish you properly."

Wu Weixue yelled back, bearing the great pain and tears in her eyes, "I told you that I didn't harm Wu Yanli. What else should I do to make you believe me? Kill myself? Is it enough?"

Zhitao took the chance to sneak out of the room to go get help from Wu Yanli's mother and Wu Chenzi.

Shang Zhirong arrived as quickly as she could when she was told that her daughter-in-law was slapping her precious daughter. She shouted the second she walked in the bedroom, "Song Yan, how dare you hit my precious daughter!"

Her heart was hurt at the sight of Wu Weixue and her swollen face and messy hair.

"Mom." Wu Weixue finally cried out without control at the sight of her mother.

Song Yang had been always an obedient daughter-in-law. But she had to fight for her own daughter today and stood up against Shang Zhirong, "Wu Weixue is your precious daughter? What about Wu Yanli? She is my precious daughter, and your granddaughter."

"Why are you mentioned Yanli?" Shang Zhirong was puzzled.

"You will know if you have a look at her." Song Yan cried.

Shang Zhirong came to the bed and almost vomit when she saw Wu Yanli's rotten face.

Wu Yanlan briefed what happened earlier.

Wu Weixue cried, "Mom, I didn't do it. I didn't harm Yanli."

"I believe you." Shang Zhirong said, patting her shoulder,

"Mom, are you defending her?" Wu Weichu roared.

"When she says she didn't do it, she didn't do it." Shang Zhirong said heavily.

Wu Weichu was mad.

So were Song Yan and Wu Yanlan.

Things remained deadlocked until Wu Chenzi came.

Wu Chen defended Wu Weixue in mind. He asked a few doctors to see Wu Yanli and sent Wu Weixue back to ground her in her own yard before he finally promised Wu Weichu that he would investigate the whole thing.

Wu Weichu didn't like the result but they had no good reason to make it a big fuss before they knew the truth. Therefore, they accepted the result for that time.

However, soon the news spread out. People knew that Wu Weixue made liquid to ruin girls' face and even her own niece. People even called her Vicious Woman behind her back.

While the city was spreading Wu Weixue's scandal, Wu Ruo was meditating at home while watching Jixi to teach Eggie skills.

He sneered when he was told about Wu Weixue. He had known that Wu Chenzi would protect Wu Weixue and give her the slightest punishment. Because he basically raised Wu Weixue from very young. She was even closer to him than his daughter. How could he have the heart to punish her? But since the can was open and worms were out, there was no easy to call it an end.

Wu Ruo came to senses and said to Jixi, "Jixi, show me your skill. Anything."

"Does it because you want to see which kind of skill is more powerful? Human's or Monster's?" Jixi said proudly, "I assure you that ours are more powerful."

Wu Ruo rolled his eyes at him, "I just want to see it. Just make a move."

Eggie threw himself at Wu Ruo's arm and said, "I can do it. Please. Allow me."

"You haven't mastered the skills yet." Jixi said, facing a rockery, "watch me."

Wu Ruo paid all his attention on Jixi without even linking his eyes in case he missed out anything.

Jixi made a few quick moves.

There was dark light surging in Jixi's body, starting from his spiritual land, swirling up and then reshaping a dozen of human-figured gas ghosts who were roaring. Then he threw a punch to shoot the dark gas ghosts on the rockery which was blown into pieces.

Jixi flew over and stopped before Wu Ruo and asked proudly, "well?"

"..." Wu Ruo.

It happened too fast.

He didn't even see what went on.

"Not good enough." Eggie pouted.

Jixi was so angry that he slapped Eggie on the back of the head, "I didn't even use five percent my power. If I had used full power just now, the entire mansion would be turned into dust."

As he finished his talking, Jixi and Wu Ruo both were shocked.