chapter 88: A Nightmare (2)

He jerked his head abruptly and shouted at those who were gossiping, “Do you think you people from other courtyards are all decent people? If you are, you wouldn’t take a share of the betrothal gifts we got from a junior in our South Courtyard. Before you bitch about anyone else, can you just review yourselves? You really think you are the noble ones?”

The crowd’s faces turned red but had nothing to argue about because it was true that their fathers and grandfathers had also taken the betrothal gifts.

Wu Yu hurried out of the school as though he didn’t hear any of them, left Wu family and went to find Yu Tianbao and others.

As Yu Tianbao learned that he had said something he shouldn’t have said last night, he cried and begged for mercy, “Childe Yu, I am sorry that we said something wrong, only because we were totally wasted at the time. And Wu Zhu happened to overhear it. If we knew this would happen, I wouldn’t have kept the appointment.”

“You invited us to hang out. Not we asked you.” Jiang Xiaoliang shouted at Yu Tianbao.

“I invited you? How come? I came to Zuiyue Restaurant because Pan Fen invited me.” Yu Tian was confused.

Pan Feng looked at them surprisingly, “You mean I invited you? Are you mistaken? It was Xiaoliang who invited me to Zuiyue Restaurant.”

Jiang Xiaoliang sulked. “When did I invite you? I guess you are the one who got mistaken. It was Tianbao who invited me.”

“Why did you go to Zuiyue Restaurant?” Wu Yu asked as he sensed something wrong.

“Yesterday in the morning, my servant told me that a servant of Pan Feng sent a message saying that he was going to invite me to Zuiyue Restaurant for dinner since we haven’t met in a long time. Then I went.”

Pan Feng hurriedly explained. “But I didn’t send anyone to give you a message nor invite you to dinner together.”

“Then why did you go to Zuiyue Restaurant?” Wu Yu asked.

“Same as Tianbao, but the message was sent by Xiaoliang’s servant.”

“I didn’t send you a message at all. I was invited by Tianbao.” Jiang Xiaoliang explained.

Wu Yu realized that the three of them were all fooled. Someone invited them all out so that Wu Zhu could hear their confession while they were drunk and get them exposed, and finally Wu Zhu would lose faith in him.

But who was behind all this?

No matter how hard Wu Yu tried, Wu Ruo was the last person he could imagine.

At the moment, Wu Ruo was listening to Shiyi’s report about what had happened at Wu School. When he learned that Wu Yu got his bones broken, he couldn’t help smiling faintly. For now, he wouldn’t make Wu Yu die, or at least no so soon.

Wu Yu, you’d better live well and long, at least till when I lose enough weight!

“Did the South Courtyard hand over its security business of the city to the West Courtyard today?” Wu Ruo asked.

“Yes.”

Wu Ruo’s smile got bigger.

It was Hungry Ghost Festival on the 15th of January. In the early morning, Eggie crawled into Wu Ruo’s bed, “Daddy, wake up.”

Wu Ruo opened his eyes, gave it a look at him and outside of the window, and then chose to snooze a bit.

Hei Xuanyi carried the child away from the bed, got dressed, and left the bedroom.

“Master.” Before Hei Xin left, he took out a black letter from his chest pocket and whispered, “A letter from the clan.”

Hei Xuanyi’s eyes darkened as he heard it was from the clan. He took it over and read seriously and then burnt it on the candle fire.

“Master, it’s been over half a year since we are away from the clan. Is it about time to go back for once? Otherwise…”

“I know what to do.” Hei Xuanyi interrupted him.

Hei Xin sighed slightly.

Suddenly, a scream sounded from the bedroom.

Hei Xuanyi was a bit startled and rushed into the bedroom quickly. He saw Wu Ruo panting on the bed, looking up at the ceiling curtain while covering his chest with his hands.

“What’s happening?” He walked to the bed and asked.

Hearing him, Wu Ruo hurriedly looked over to Hei Xuanyi. He scanned him up and down as if he was checking if he was in a whole piece. After quite a while, he heaved a sigh of relief and said, “I had a little nightmare.”

He fell into sleep after he was awakened by Eggie. It was not a very short nightmare.

In the dream, Hei Xuanyi was standing in front of a dark formation, head hanging down, mumbling something to the formation. He looked extremely sad, which ached Wu Ruo’s heart. He wished he could lean forward and comfort him.

But at that time, the sun rose and the sunlight shone upon Hei Xuanyi. The next second something horrible happened. Hei Xuanyi was burnt into ashes gradually like a piece of paper being burnt by fire.

He was extremely scared and wished he could stop all this. But no matter how hard he tried, all he could do was to watch Hei Xuanyi burn into a pile of ashes and then got blown away by the wind.

Then he woke up.

Wu Ruo wiped the sweat off his forehead and let Hei Xuanyi pull him out of bed, “Tell Shiyuan to get me dressed.”

Hei Xuanyi turned around and was about to walk out of the room before he heard, “I was dreaming about you.”

Then he stopped to look at him.

“In the dream, you were burnt into ash by sunlight.” Wu Ruo continued.

“It’s just a dream.” Hei Xuanyi said calmly, although something changed in his eyes.

“Really?” Wu Ruo murmured.

But the dream was so real to him.