chapter 153: I Don't Want To Lie To You (1)

When Hei Xuanyi made sure that Wu Ruo was fine, he started to check the fake skin.

It was a special skin which was water and fire-proof, not to mention ordinary hidden weapons. The hidden weapon that attacked them must be something special too.

Hei Xuanyi soon found the slice of clear liquid along the cut and both sides of the cut were curled up and corroded.

“Don’t move.” Wu Ruo grabbed Hei Xuanyi’s hand, “it’s because of Facial Disfigurement Drop. Your finger would have been melted if I didn’t stop you. But you are lucky that you are wearing the fake skin. Otherwise, your face would have been melted.”

In last life, he saw a girl whose face was disfigured by such kind of drop. With just a single drop, her entire face was rotten and impossible to recover.

Later he was told that Wu Weixue, Wu Chenzi’s youngest granddaughter, made Facial Disfigurement Drop especially for melting beautiful girls’ face. He had never proved if it was true. But a kind man from the Wu family in Imperial City once had warned him not to show his good-looking face in front of Wu Weixue, otherwise, he would end up miserably.

Since he barely had not come to the imperial capital back then, he didn’t give it a lot of thought. Even if he met Wu Weixue once in a while, he was quite a long distance from her. It was true that Wu Weixue was beautiful, definitely the most beautiful woman in the country.

Thinking that the hidden weapon was aimed at him on purpose, Wu Ruo had a look at Wu Yanlan’s carriage. He kind of had a quick look at a girl who once looked at him but he didn’t see her face because Wu Yanlan was in the way. He heard Wu Yanlan called her aunt. So he assumed that girl was Wu Weixue.

Did it mean that it was true that Wu Weixue made the Facial Disfigurement Drop?

Hei Xuanyi shot a cold eye at the carriage which had already driven away.

Wu Ruo took over the fake skin and looked in the same direction as Hei Xuanyi, “Wu Yanlan and Wu Weixue are in the carriage.”

Wu family? Hei Xuanyi’s eyes were full of toughness.

When the carriage disappeared from their sight, Wu Ruo asked, “Hei Xuanyi, shouldn’t you explain this skin?”

Hei Xuanyi looked back at him, “I wear this skin because I didn’t want to marry Wu Weixue.”

“But why didn’t you take it off after you and I are married?”

“Because I don’t want you to like me because of my face.” Hei Xuanyi hesitated and finally said.

“You overestimate yourself.” Wu Ruo found it ridiculous.

In last life, it was true that he was amazed by his true face the first time he saw it. But he had never changed his attitude toward him because of his beautiful face.

But if he were in his shoes, he wouldn’t want to be liked just for his face. It had happened to him in last life. No one had ever cared about his capability. They had usually paid all their attention to his appearance.

Hei Xuanyi pursed his lips and stared into him.

Wu Ruo faked a cough and apologized, “fine. I can totally understand if you have the concern. But even if you were not married with Wu Weixue, you could have married someone far better than me. But why did you marry me? I was very fat back then.”

Finally Wu Ruo grabbed the chance to ask the question.

“I don’t want to lie to you. So I will wait to tell you once we get back to my home.” Hei Xuanyi said.

If he told him part of the truth, Wu Ruo wouldn’t believe him, not to mention the whole.

Wu Ruo looked down.

As he supposed, he married him for some purpose.

I was a deduction he had made all the time. But why did he still feel so awful now?

Hei Xuanyi’s expressionless face looked a bit anxious as Wu Ruo was so disappointed, “I can’t tell you now but I promise you that I won’t do anything to harm you and your family.”

“…” Wu Ruo looked up at him.

Hei Xuanyi could have lied to him but he didn’t. Should he trust him?

“What are you doing here?” Hei Xuantang was curious that Hei Xuanyi and Wu Ruo were standing in the middle of the road, stopping carriages come and go. “Ge, you are finally willing to tear the ugly skin off.” Hei Xuantang was surprised that his big brother’s fake face was taken off.

That was why so many people gathered around. They were watching his brother and his bother-in-law. He didn’t mean to brag but it was true that his brother was the most good-looking man in the world, a perfect match for his sister-in-law.

Wu Ruo and Hei Xuanyi still stared into each other’s eyes as though they didn’t see Hei Xuantang.

Hei Xuantang noticed that something went wrong. He guessed that Wu Ruo might be upset because his brother didn’t tell him about the fake skin. Therefore, he took the liberty to make an explanation, “please forgive my brother. My brother doesn’t like being stared. He wears the skin because he wants you to like him for who he is not just for his face.”

Wu Ruo put the skin into his storage space and looked away from Hei Xuanyi at Hei Xuantang, “where is Eggie?”

“They are buying food over there.” Hei Xuantang said.

He came here because people were gathering here. But he didn’t expect to see his own brother and Wu Ruo.

Wu Ruo jerked to leave.