chapter 126: Are You Mad at Me? (2)

After the bath, they went back to the bedroom. Wu Ruo lay on his belly, looking at the man who only wore a pair of underpants.

He almost gave it up and opened his back door for the man to enter when they were taking the bath.

Wu Ruo couldn’t help frowning because his attitude toward Hei Xuanyi had changed too abruptly from that of last life. Even though Hei Xuanyi had come to Wu family the last moment he died in last life, even though Hei Xuanyi offered a lot of help and Wu Ruo had seen through a lot of things in this life, it would be impossible that his hatred toward Hei Xuanyi that he had built in his entire previous life would have gone in such a short time. More than that, he even started to care about the other party.

Hei Xuanyi noticed Wu Ruo’s gaze and raised his head to look at him.

Wu Ruo came back to senses and said, pointing the box on the table, “Pass me that box.”

That box was from Ba Se. After receiving it, he never opened it.

Hei Xuanyi then handed it over to him.

Wu Ruo took it and said, “You’d better stay away from it. I’m afraid that there might be something wrong with the box.”

“What’s in it?”

“I don’t know. Ba Se gave it to me.”

If he hadn’t met Ba Se today, he might have already forgotten about this box.

Hearing that, Hei Xuanyi instantly darkened his face.

Wu Ruo slowly lifted the lid and opened it until he didn’t see a problem. There was a red gecko-shaped jade pendant.

Hei Xuanyi picked up the jade pendant before him.

Seeing that he was gonna break it, Wu Ruo hurriedly tried to stop him, “It is a token pass to Cambodia which could be useful someday.”

In last life, he had met a few awesome Head Tamers who wore the same jade pendant. He hadn’t known why they wore such a jade pendant at the beginning but later his father told him because Wu Qianqing once went to Cambodia. But it was surprising that Ba Se would give this pendant to him in this life. It seemed this man was really into him…

Hei Xuanyi hesitated a bit and then put the jade pendant somewhere Wu Ruo didn’t know.

Wu Ruo also didn’t care and lay back on the bed, starting to think how the South Courtyard would do to Ba Se. They wouldn’t go easy on him, at least. As a matter of fact, Wu Anqi didn’t go easy on Ba See indeed.

The moment Ba Se woke up, he was thrilled that he finally had slept with the beautiful man he liked. But soon he realized something wrong. The pain ran through his entire body. He couldn’t see anything and he couldn’t feel any spiritual power. But he could tell that half of his body was soaked into water and it was cold.

He struggled to get away but the chain around his hands and feet made a loud sound.

Ba Se couldn’t remember what had happened after he had done Wu Ruo. Therefore, all he could do was to wait for those who tied him here.

Time passed. Finally the stone door above was slid open. The light was too dazzling for Ba Se to open his eyes.

A cold and angry voice said, “Pull him up.”

“Yes.”

The guards by the water dungeon pulled Ba Se up to the floor.

The minute Ba Se went up back on the floor, he saw Wu Ruo in the crowd. His eyes sparkled brightly, “Ruo.”

The others gave Wu Ruo a complicated and meaningful look.

Wu Ruo was talking to Hei Xuanyi, without giving a look at him at all.

Wu Qianqing was very angry because he had learned from Wu Ruo what happened last night. He wished he could slap Ba Se in the face.

Wu Shi, who came here to watch the drama despite the pain all over his body, sneered, “He calls you Ruo. He must be very close to you. So basically, we were wrong about Wu Ruo harming us with bewitched worms because he might have told Ba Se to do it to us.”

Wu Shi didn’t know what had happened at Zuiyue Restaurant, although he was told to go there. He didn’t because he and Wu Xiao didn’t feel well. Therefore, Wu Anyi and Wu Anqi went together.

“Bullshit!” It was first time that Wu Xi said swear words, “Great grandfather had already investigated the whole thing and proved that it was someone from the North Courtyard. Now you are saying it is my brother. What is your point? Are you questioning great grandfather’s investigation or are you asking my brother to actually put bewitched worms in you?”

“…” Wu Shi.

He had been tortured a lot by the bewitched worms already. With another around, he would be dead.

Ba Se said, “It’s none of Ruo’s business. I did this to you. Ruo didn’t know it at all. The North Courtyard made me do it.”

Now it was people from North Courtyard who wished they could slap Ba Se’s face.

“But Ruo and I are close indeed.” Ba Se continued, “and last night…”

He smiled affectionately at Wu Ruo, “We did something only couples do in a room at a restaurant. So we are basically a couple in the degree now.”

Wu Ruo grabbed Hei Xuanyi’s hands in case he killed Ba Se with a palm at once, which was the easiest way to torture Ba Se.

But he was impressed that at such a critical moment Ba Se was still cherishing the thing last night.

Hearing that, others all looked over at Wu Ruo.