chapter 39: What Benefit can I Get? (1)

Wu Qianqing had no clue that his brothers were plotting against him, but what they were talking about was exactly what was worrying him, “Ruo, you said you will make weapons with your uncles’ materials. But how are we going to make them when we have no other compatible materials?”

It was indeed a thrill that his father and his brothers got angry because their plan failed. But after that, he was worried about how to make magical weapons. It usually required many kinds of materials to make one magical weapon and each kind of material had to be the same element or compatible with one another. Now that he had his brothers’ materials but got no other materials to make a single magical weapon, he would be punished so badly for cheating.

“Father, don’t worry. I know what I am doing.” Wu Ruo comforted him.

Anyway, he was a reborn one. He could adopt the method how Wu Qianjing used to make magical weapons with those materials in the previous life. Moreover, Hei Xuanyi’s materials were extraordinary and compatible with almost all sorts of materials. Therefore, it was not a problem at all.

Wu Qianqing couldn’t help but took a good look at his son who was quite confident.

Back in the hall, he was there watching how his youngest son tried to persuade grandfather to borrow materials from his brothers. He noticed his son was different today. He had changed a lot since he got married. He no longer played weak in front of them. And he was no longer so self-abased and scared of trouble. Such a change was a good thing. It meant he had grown up to be a man who could think independently and come up with his own idea, meaning that there was no need for him to worry about his son every day.

“Good. I will leave things to you then. What do you say, son?” Wu Qianqing intended to check what his son was capable of through this. After all, his son was the half master of Hei Mansion. He had to learn how to take charge of business.

“No problem. I assure you I can get things done.” Wu Ruo smiled at Wu Qianqing.

Wu Qianqing was pleased with his answer. He whispered to Wu Ruo as he laid eyes on Shiyuan and others, “I heard them say you got bullied in Hei Mansion. Is it true?”

“Yes, it is.” Wu Ruo told his father everything about Wu Da and Wu Xiao.

Wu Qianqing was outraged, “Those two ungrateful rats! How could they repay your kindness with that? Ruo, you can’t let them come back to serve you anymore.”

Wu Ruo had already had a plan for dealing with the Wu brothers. Therefore he didn’t say anything but changed the subject, “Father, what do you think of what just happened in the hall?”

Wu Qianqing’s face sunk and he then looked over to the path ahead.

Since he had indicated his brothers to return the magical weapons, their attitudes toward him had changed distinctly. They were no longer so t nice to him like before. It was obvious that they had excluded him out.

He spent nights wondering if his brothers disliked him because he lost his power and they considered him a burden. But their attitudes toward him changed so suddenly. It didn’t make sense. Therefore, he suspected that if his brothers may have disliked him long time ago and they had just pretended to like him for all these years.

Wu Qianqing felt sad suddenly. Since his grandfather had hinted that he wanted Wu Qianqing as his heir either by design or accident, his father had been holding an indifferent attitude towards him, as though he was stealing the position from his hands.

It was painful to be treated like this by his own father. It never came across his mind that he would steal the heir title from his father and he didn’t want it at all. However, his father treated his own son as an enemy just because of a title, which was so ridiculous. He used to think that his four brothers were different. But it turned out that reality could be crueler.

Thinking of the fact that his brothers tried every way to ‘borrow’ his materials and refused to lend theirs to him, Wu Qianqing’s heart was sinking. He treated them as his family but they, on the opposite, only thought of him as their enemy.

Although Wu Ruo couldn’t read his father’s face, he could sense that his father was mourning in mind because he found out the real side of his brothers. He patted Wu Qianqing on the shoulder to comfort him.

Wu Qianqing, looking at his son who was showing some concern, shook off his sadness quickly and put on a smiling face, “I finally see some truth today. Let’s drop it.”

From now on, all he needed to do was to take good care of his wife and his children. As for his father and his brothers, he would leave them alone. The magical weapons he had lent them, just take them as the goodbye gifts he got for them.

When they got back to Shuqing Yard, Wu Ruo saw the materials that his four uncles sent.

As Wu Qianqing let Wu Ruo take charge of the materials, he opened the warehouse and told Wu Ruo to select the right materials from his betrothal presents and gifts to make magical weapons.

“Ma’am, are these your betrothal presents?” Shiyou who was helping selecting the suitable materials asked suddenly.

“Yes. Why?” Wu Ruo turned around to look at him.

His father had intended to let him take them to Hei family, but since he had no chance to use them right now, he just had left all of them to his father.

Shiyou handed a box with a jade ornament over to Wu Ruo, “there is no such a jade ornament on the list you gave me.”

“Are you sure?” Wu Ruo frowned.