chapter 109: Jixi (1)

“Liu Xiaoru has notified the yamen (government office in feudal China) early on and stuffed them money, and brought them home. Her original plan is to seize the brothers once they physically harm Wang Ting. But it turned out that they killed the man. The brothers are now put into prison. Since the jailers are bribed by Chen Xi’er, the brothers will be taken ‘good’ care of for sure. Just now, they fought each other to almost death since they found out that they both have slept with each other’s wife. Their family is having a hard time too. Wang Ting’s family comes to their home and makes troubles on daily basis. Their brother and sister’s engagements both got cancelled because of the brothers. And Wu Da’s sister almost committed suicide because of it. Their neighbors all keep distance from them like they are monsters. Now Liu Xiaoru, Chen Xi’er and their family are going to leave Gaoling City for a new life in other city.” Shijiu reported to Wu Ruo.

Wu Ruo had anticipated this would have eventually happened one day. Therefore, he didn’t care so much their life details as long as he knew that they were having a tough time.

“Who are Wu Da and Wu Xiao?” asked Hei Xuantang, who was listening on all his ears.

“They once waited on his ladyship. But they betrayed his ladyship let the ladyship get bullied because of money.” Shijiu answered.

“How dare they? We can’t let them go so easily. I will send someone to sneak into the prison and kill them to avenge my brother-in-law.” Hei Xuantang said in anger.

“Isn’t it too easy only to kill them? They would know nothing if they are dead. But now they are living in a fear of death every day. We’d better leave them to enjoy such good days.” Wu Ruo sneered.

Hei Xuantang nodded, patting Wu Ruo on his shoulder, “Just let us know if you need any help. My elder brother will try his best to help you. Won’t you, Xuanyi?”

Hei Xuanyi looked up slightly and flicked his fingertips. A chopstick was launched out at his hand resting on Wu Ruo’s shoulder.

“Ouch! It hurts!” Hei Xuantang took back his hand and cried as there was a bruise on the back of his hand, “Hei Xuanyi, aren’t you too easy to be jealous? We are both men. What’s the big deal with me putting my hand on his shoulder?”

“…” Wu Ruo.

“…” Hei Xuanyi.

At the moment, Hei Xin rushed in, “My lord, my lady, the little master is missing.”

Hei Xuanyi frowned.

“What?” Hei Xuantang stood up anxiously, “My nephew is missing? How is that possible? Was he kidnapped?”

“Or maybe he has gone out for fun himself?” Wu Ruo stood up anxiously too.

“His daily robe is still on the bed but he and his quilt are missing. And Cuckoo got knocked out by the bed. Obviously he was taken away by someone.” Hei Xin said affirmatively.

“Who could it be?” Wu family was Wu Ruo’s first guess but he denied it soon because Wu Family wouldn’t pick on a child even though they hated him so much. They claimed to be noble men. It was unlikely they would sneak into Hei mansion to take a child away.

“Could it be your enemies?” He asked Hei Xuanyi.

“Impossible.” Hei Xuanyi and Hei Xuantang blurted out at the same time.

“…” Wu Ruo.

“We don’t have any enemies here.” Hei Xuantang explained.

Hei Xuanyi sent Hei Xin and others to search for the boy.

Wu Ruo rushed out of the hall and said, “I will go check those places he usually goes. Perhaps he just forgot to tell us his whereabouts for once.”

“I will go to places I’ve taken him to these days.” Hei Xuantang also left the hall following Wu Ruo.

Wu Ruo walked out of Hei Mansion and got on his usual carriage. As he brushed open the curtain, he saw two children. One was Eggie they were gonna look for and the other was Jixi from monster race who they hadn’t seen for months.

Wu Ruo didn’t expect to see him again after such a long time.

He quickly sent messages to everyone that he had found the kid and then told Shiyuan to drive around on the street for a tour. Sitting in the carriage, he silently observed how the two children were strangely postured.

Jixi sat there cross-legged.

The bare-bummed Eggie sat on Jixi’s shoulder, putting his legs around Jixi’s neck and grabbing his braid as if he was afraid that he would run away.

It took a lot of Jixi’s effort to pull Eggie off his body. He said with a cold voice, “No one has ever clamped my neck. You are the first one ever.”

He threw the kid to Wu Ruo.

Eggie giggled and peed straight at Jixi’s face.

Wu Ruo was too shocked to stop Eggie.

Jixi was so furious and pulled Eggie onto his laps and spanked him. It only took a few spanks to turn Eggie’s bum red. Obviously Jixi had used much power.

“Daddy, help.” Eggie cried for help with tears in his eyes.