chapter 134: Divide up the Family (4)

“Great grandpa?”

Wu Bufang nodded and asked, “are your parents at home?”

“Yes.”

Wu Qianqing and Guan Tong went out of the hall as soon as they heard Wu Bufang’s voice, “grandpa, what brings you here?”

“Nothing. I just drop by.” Wu Bufang smiled.

“Come on in.” Wu Qianqing invited him in.

“It’s about lunch time. Please stay here for lunch.” Guan Tong said.

Wu Bufang was about to refuse but finally accepted to stay when he remembered that he might need to deal with West Courtyard who would come to ask him to punish South Courtyard if he went back to his house.

He didn’t punish the South Courtyard not because he liked it better. As a matter of fact, he was mad at Wu Qianjing for unleashing the monster and his families died because of it. But the West Courtyard wouldn’t let it go even if he punished the South Courtyard. They hated the South Courtyard so much that they wished all people from South Courtyard would die. If he punished the South Courtyard as they wished, the South Courtyard would be wounded. By then, there was a chance that West Courtyard might kill them all while the South Courtyard were still weak. That was the last thing he wanted to see.

It was harmonious in Shuqing Yard. People laughed as they enjoyed the conversation. Wu Bufang didn’t want to leave, but it was a place he could stay for very long. After lunch, he left and went back to Bujin Yard and climbed up the attic he liked the most.

Since so many things had happened lately, he hadn’t come here in a long time.

Standing on the top floor, looking over the large area of Wu mansion, Wu Bufang had a complicate feeling. If he insisted on forcing everyone to stay in one place, Wu family might be dead one by one and finally die out. If they moved out as his wife suggested, the doom might be separated and each family member might undertake a piece of it. Perhaps, they could live through the difficult year.

Wu Bufang thought a lot on the attic and came downstairs until midnight.

The next morning, he summoned everyone at Bujin Yard.

When the four courtyards met, they almost had a fight. They were nothing like a family. They were more of enemies who had been hating each other for centuries.

Wu Bufang’s eyes turned red as his children insulted each other. Yao Shuyuan approached and patted him on the back to comfort him. If he didn’t make up his mind before, given what was happening in front of him, he said loudly and seriously, “do you remember the three incense sticks were broken when I asked the god on Winter Festival?”

Everyone was surprised that he mentioned it.

“Now I am telling you why. It is a sign that Wu family is going to have a catastrophe. I wrote to the State Master for help and he suggested that you should leave the house for one year. When this is over, you can come back. Now you have to go find a place to stay and leave here in five days.”

Everyone was shocked. They started to discuss about it but no one had ever doubted Wu Bufang’s decision because they all knew that family unity meant a lot to Wu Bufang. If it weren’t for something really important, he wouldn’t have made such a decision.

They were afraid and unwilling to leave a home that they had stayed since forever. Besides, it was such a big trouble to move out.

“What about schooling?” someone asked.

“The school will be shut down for now and reopen when you come back. You can tutor your children while you are gone. Now you can go find a place to stay.” Wu Bufang said.

Everyone was worried that they couldn’t find a nice place if they were later than others. They ran away right after. Only the South Courtyard stayed.

“Grandpa, our bewitched worms are not solved yet.” Wu Qianbin said.

“The wizard might be here tomorrow. When he is here, I will ask him to cure you. Now you should go and find a place to stay.” Wu Bufang said.

The South Courtyard left then. When they got back to South Courtyard, Wu Xuanran sent servants to find a house, and summoned everyone at his yard, but didn’t talk to Wu Qianqing at all.

Wu Qianqing felt bitter and thus went back to Shuqing Yard with Guan Tong and Wu Xi.

“Father, grandpa doesn’t want to live with us. They don’t include us as a member of Wu family.” Wu Xi said.

“Then we don’t live with them.” Wu Qianqing sighed.

“It’s quieter that only us live together and there will be less troubles.” Guan Tong comforted him.

Finally they could live separately with the rest of the family. She was happy about it. There wouldn’t be much trouble then.

Wu Qianqing nodded.

“Mom, Dad, Xi, why are you standing here?” Wu Ruo who went to school wondered.

Wu Xi couldn’t wait to tell him everything happened, including Wu Bufang gathered them to ask them to move out and Wu Xuanran excluded them.

Wu Ruo’s smile got bigger and bigger but finally stopped himself from getting overexcited. He smiled and said, “really? It’s great that you are moving out. Xuanyi bought a big house next to Hei Mansion. You can move in.”

Wu Qianqing was surprised by Wu Ruo’s big smile and wondered why his son was so thrilled after Wu Xi told him everything.