chapter 162: The Prime Minister's Birthday Banquet (4)

They went down the hill and drove directly back to Wu mansion. They got off the carriage and waited for Wu Chenzi to come back before they got into the house. They lined up on both sides to welcome Wu Chenzi home. It was a ritual as magnificent as an emperor.

Wu Chenzi, helped by Wu Weixue, got of the carriage and walked in the center of the lines.

Thanks to the sunshine, their shadows were long enough to reach those on the right line.

At the moment Wu Ruo was touched by Wu Chenzi’s shadow, he could feel a foreign power in his body as if the power was sucked somewhere directly into his body and finally became his own.

He didn’t understand why. But he was panicked and shocked. His instinct told him that he was attacked. But there was nothing wrong with his body. Instead, that power made him feel very comfortable.

At the same time, Wu Chenzi couldn’t feel his leg and wobbled a bit hence as he passed by Wu Ruo. If it were not for Wu Weixue who helped him on the left and the wand in his right hand, he would probably fall down on the ground.

The crowd looked at Wu Chenzi confusedly.

“Grandpa, are you alright?” Wu Weixue whispered.

Wu Chenzi didn’t look very well. He shot a sharp scan for the crowd, shook his head and paced up into the house and quickly summoned the chief of Wu family and five Elders for a meeting in the hall.

The chief and elders came and were confused by Wu Chenzi’s worrying look, “Your Excellency, it’s your birthday today. You should be enjoying the day. Why are you having a meeting on this special day? Is it something serious?”

“Did you notice that I wobbled a bit just now?” Wu Chenzi asked.

Everyone nodded.

“Someone just took my spiritual power.” Wu Chenzi said heavily.

He told what happened just now, which shocked the chief and the elders.

“How much power did you lose?”

“Does it affect your health?”

“Could it be someone from the monsters?”

Wu Chenzi frowned, “all I know that my power is absorbed someone. Not much but some. It could be one of the monsters. If it was the case, it would be horrible. If he could take my power away without alerting me at all, he must be much more powerful than me.”

“But you are already at level nine. Do you think anyone could be higher than you? If yes, does it mean we are no match at all?” the chief was anxious.

“It’s just my deduction. That person might have used tools or weapons. Anyway, we need to enforce our security. No accident is allowed.”

“The emperor and the queen will come tonight. We will enforce the security for sure.” The elders agreed.

Wu Chenzi waved his hand at them to dismiss them. He still felt upset. It reminded him of the ominous divination that Wu Bufang once told him.

Most of Wu family in Gaoling City had died, as the divination said. Perhaps it was the turn of the Wu family in Imperial City?

Come to think of the possibility, Wu Chenzi took out his Eight Diagrams Divination Plate for telling the future. But after several attempts, he couldn’t come up with a result, which added the anxiety.

Wu Ruo was anxious too. With an extra power in his body, he was not sure if it was good or bad for him.

While the crowd was dismissed, he dragged Hei Xuanyi to a corner that no one was nearby and told him what had just happened to him.

Hei Xuanyi examined his body and didn’t find anything strange, “is your body rejecting the power?”

Wu Ruo shook his head, “not at all. It just blends in my own power.”

Hei Xuanyi frowned.

At the moment, Wu Qianqing came over and whispered, “Ruo, Xuanyi, you have been whispering privately since we got out of temple. Did you have any news about Zhu but you are trying to keep it from me?”

He didn’t mean to pry but they had been talking behind him. And he was worried sick of Wu Ruo.

Wu Ruo didn’t expect his father would think so, “dad, it’s nothing like. If we find anything about my brother, we will tell you for sure.”

He walked out of the corner as he spoke and saw Wu Xi and Guan Tong in the distance. He marched toward them and said, “Xi.”

“Ruo.” Wu Xi smiled at him.

Wu Ruo told them that he saw the golden ray in Wu Chenzi’s body and asked if she saw it. Wu Xi shook her head and said, “no.”

“Really?”

It was even stranger. Could it be just a simple ray of sunshine that shone on Wu Chenzi?

Suddenly, he was pinched on the arm.

Wu Ruo felt the pain and looked at Guan Tong.

Guan Tong gave him a stare.

Wu Ruo was puzzled and was about to ask his mother why she pinched him before he was pinched again.

Then he realized that his mother was giving a signal not to ask why.

But he still couldn’t why his mother pinched him the first time.