chapter 154: I Don't Want To Lie To You (2)

Hei Xuantang stopped Hei Xuanyi from catching up, “is he mad at you?”

“Mm.” Hei Xuanyi frowned, “he asked me why I married him.”

“Did you tell him?” Hei Xuantang was shocked.

“No.”

“Good. Good.” Hei Xuantang was relieved. “If you did, he wouldn’t go home with us. Then the effort you’ve made would turn out to nothing.”

Hei Xuanyi shot a cold stare at him.

“Sorry. But I am worried. Even if you don’t tell, he would definitely have a question why you will marry a fat man.”

“I will.”

“But you are different. You…” Hei Xuanyi was speechless.

Hei Xuanyi didn’t listen to him but went to catch up with Wu Ruo.

Once Wu Ruo found Eggie, they went to jewelry stores to find Wu Xi and also bought a few boys’ accessories for Eggie. Kids in the imperial capital wore a lot of accessories. Of course his son would wear some.

In the jewelry store, he bought accessories for adults and a set of silver bells for Eggie. Each item of the set, including the bracelet, necklace, anklet, belt or hairpin, had bells on, making a clear sound with one move.

Hei Gan was satisfied with the set of silver bells because he didn’t have to work very hard to look for the boy.

Wu Xi and Guan Tong just loved the tinkling that Eggie made. They hold Eggie in their arms and kissed him on the cheek.

Wu Qianqing asked as his wife was so happy, “Where is Xuanyi?”

Wu Ruo had a look at Hei Xuanyi by his side.

“Father, I am here.” Hei Xuanyi said.

Wu Qianqing looked over and saw a man who looked a lot like Eggie. Was this charming man his son-in-law?

Wu Xi and Guan Tong were shocked too. They looked at Eggie and Hei Xuanyi back and forth.

“Father, we will talk about it later.” Wu Ruo had to speak.

Wu Qianqing came to senses and nodded, “we’ve got everything we need. How about you?”

“Mm.”

Everyone went back to the carriage with different kinds of shopping bags. Wu Qianqing, Guan Tong, Wu Xi and Wu Ruo sat on the right side and all stared at Hei Xuanyi who was sitting on the other side.

Hei Xuantang explained the fake skin problem for his brother.

Wu Xi had a look at Eggie who was eating a candy sitting on her laps, and put Eggie into Hei Xuanyi’s arms, and was amazed, “Eggie looked so much like you.”

“Your son?” Wu Qianqing asked Hei Xuanyi.

Hei Xuanyi nodded.

“Also my son.” Wu Ruo said.

Wu Qianqing sighed in mind. Since his son was not mad at Hei Xuanyi because of the fake skin, he, as the father-in-law, was not in the right place to say anything.

Since it was too quiet and depressing in the carriage, Guan Tong took out a headwear she bought, “Xuanyi, you and Ruo have been married for half a year and we haven’t sent you a proper gift. We picked this headwear for you. Hope you like it.”

On the headwear was a silver orange flower and in the center of the flower was embedded with a black diamond which went nicely with Hei Xuanyi’s black outfit.

Hei Xuanyi took over the headwear and thanked, “thank you. I like it very much.”

“That’s good.” Guan Tong said with a smile.

Hei Xuantang looked at the headwear and then at Guan Tong, giving them that look “where is my gift?”

He was being childish in Guan Tong’s eyes. She smiled and took out a more colorful headwear for Hei Xuantang, “Xuantang, since we don’t know what you like, so we picked a headwear for you too.”

Hei Xuantang took it over and grinned, “I love it, very much.”

Wu Xi found him interesting. She burst into a laughter.

Wu Ruo also gave his parents and his sister the gifts he bought for them, together with Hei Xuantang, Hei Gan, Hei Xin and Jixi. Hei Xuanyi was the only one who was left out.

Hei Xuanyi stared at him.

Hei Xuantang asked the question instead, “how about my brother?”

“No gift for him.”

“…” Hei Xuanyi.

As they got off the carriage, Hei Xuantang whispered into Hei Xuanyi’s ear, “he seems to be mad at you. What are you going to do?”

“…” Hei Xuanyi.

He didn’t know what to do. Unlike Hei Xuantang, he didn’t know how to please others.

Wu Ruo didn’t talk to Hei Xuanyi or have a look at him over dinner. He left the dining room right after and got back to their bedroom till midnight.

Ignoring Hei Xuanyi who was reading a book on bed, he climbed up the bed and stepped over Hei Xuanyi.

Hei Xuanyi grabbed his wrist.

“Excuse me?” Wu Ruo shot a stare at him.

“Are you still mad at me?” Hei Xuanyi frowned.

“What do you think?” Wu Ruo pulled his hand back and took out a small bag from the storage space for him before he lied down with back to him.

He was not mad because he had already known Hei Xuanyi’s real face long time ago. But it was no harm to make Hei Xuanyi nervous if he didn’t talk to him.

Hei Xuanyi opened the bag and found it was All Blood Elixir and Spirit-Uniting Elixir. It meant that Wu Ruo had gone to make medicine for him after dinner.

He couldn’t help smiling at him. He lied down right next to Wu Ruo and spooned him, and whispered to his ear, “thank you.”

Wu Ruo’s lips curved upward, closed his eyes and fell asleep.