chapter 49: They Were So Screwed (2)

Soon they came to the gambling house and hurried up to the third floor.

There were more gamblers than ever today, making a lively scene.

When they were on their way up on the second floor, they ran into a man who was going downstairs. Bam! A dark blue jade flute dropped out of Wu Bai’s sleeve.

Wu Bai was startled and hurriedly slipped the Ghost Flute back into his sleeve. He shouted, “Use your eyes when you walk! Do you think you have the money to pay my magical weapon if you break it?”

“Wu Bai.” Wu Shi stopped him making it a big deal, “It’s not broken anyway. We’d better go and see shopkeeper Yu now.”

Wu Bai snorted and shot a harsh stare at the man. Then they went up to the third floor, walked all the way down the aisle to the last room, and walked into Shopkeeper Yu’s study after getting the permission of the guards.

It was no one else but Hei Gan who was sent here to keep an eye on them that Wu Bai ran into. When he saw the door to Shopkeeper Yu’s study was closed, he jerked to walk upstairs, followed by six guards.

“Mr. Yu, we have brought the magical weapons you asked for.”

Speaking of which, Wu Shi and Wu Bai things out.

“You are promise keepers to bring them in time.” Shopkeeper Yu smiled.

“Show me if they are exactly what I asked for.” He reached his hand out.

Wu Shi stopped Wu Bai handing out the magical weapons, “Mr. Yu, before we show you, can you tell us why you asked the three specific magical weapons first?”

Shopkeeper Yu slightly blinked, “Here is the thing. A friend of mine is planning to catch a big evil beast and he needs some superior and special magical weapons. But he has no such things. And then he was told that only Wu family has such kind of magical weapons. He asked me if I have connections with your family. I happen to need his favor somehow. Therefore, when I was trying to figure out how I can help him, surprisingly you…”

“You know the rest of the story.” He chuckled.

“Did you intentionally make us lose money just because you want those magical weapons from us?” Wu Shi shot a harsh stare.

Shopkeeper Yu slowly put away his smile and said seriously, “Mr. Wu, is this how you think of me? If I really do such a thing, do you think we still have customers?”

It made sense to Wu Shi and then he handed out the magical weapon.

Shopkeeper Yu checked the three magical weapons carefully and made sure they were the genuine ones. Then he asked them to sign their names and put their fingerprint on the contract saying that they were willing to take the magical weapons as mortgage to pay the loan.

“Now that you have them, you have to make sure they are perfectly safe and in a whole piece before we redeem them.” Wu Shi said.

“No problem.” Shopkeeper Yu looked at the contract smilingly, “it’s still early. Do you want to play downstairs?”

“I am afraid that we might gamble away two more of our magical weapons.” Wu Shi snorted.

He dragged Wu Bai to leave the room. When he opened the door, the man he bumped into just now was standing there.

“Move away.” Wu Bai said angrily.

Without caring if he was angry, Hei Gan stepped forward and forced Wu Bai and Wu Shi back into the room.

Wu Shi shushed Wu Bai in case that they might mess up with someone they couldn’t afford to affend because the man was obviously not a common one since there were six guards behind him.

Hei Gan stopped in front of Shopkeeper Yu and picked one of the magical weapons on the table, “These magical weapons are betrothal presents that my lord sent to his wife. Where did you get them?”

Wu Shi and Wu Bai’s faces both went ghastly pale.

Oh no! There were so crewed this time!

This man came from Hei family.

Soon Wu Ruo would know that their fathers stole his betrothal presents.

Now that they confronted him, they would end up with way worse than their legs being broken.

Wu Bai asked anxiously holding Wu Shi’s hand, “Brother, what should we do?”

“I…I have no idea.” Wu Shi was scared too. He was not much older than Wu Bai and had not much social experience either. Therefore, he was panic too.

Shopkeeper Yu immediately knew who Hei Gan was but still pretended to be angry, “who are you? How dare you break into my study? Do you have any idea that I own this place? What are you doing? Give me the contract! Somebody! Somebody!”

Hei Gan took away all three magical weapons and the contract and put them into the bag inside his cloak. Then he said to the guards, “take them back.”

Wu Shi and Wu Bai tried to run away but got stopped by the guards. Their spiritual power was not as strong as those guards. Very soon they were knocked out by the guards.

Shopkeeper said quickly as he was worried that they were going to hurt him, “Don’t hurt me. I will go with you.”

In order not to arouse people’s attention, Hei Gan jumped off the window and left the gambling house back to Hei Mansion.

Wu Ruo was surprised that Hei Gan took all of them back to him.

He did ask Shijiu to guard at the gambling house so that he could get them busted while they were making deals. But to his surprise, Shijiu asked Hei Gan to do such a thing.

Hei Gan put the three magical weapons and the contract on the table, “Ma’am, two of them were indeed refined by his lord. But the other one…”

Wu Ruo picked up the Dark Tooth Fan and nodded, “It belongs to my mother.”

He put down the Dark Tooth Fan and took up the contract which had Wu Bai and Wu Shi’s signature and also their handprints, and the seal of Wu family on it. There were no loopholes in the agreement. He put down the contract and then looked over to Hei Xin.

Hei Xin immediately read the hint from his eyes and approached smilingly, “At your service, ma’am.”