chapter 157: Wu Chenliu (1)

Hei Xuanyi realized that he had hurt Wu Ruo’s feelings as Wu Ruo’s head hanging down like an injured puppy. He pulled him into his arms and comforted him, “I am different. Most of my spiritual power I have is bequeathed from my great grandfather. That enables me to promote up to level nine in such a short time.”

Wu Ruo was surprised that Hei Xuanyi mentioned his own privacy to him, “what? Your great grandpa gave all his power to you? And you didn’t overload with power all in once?”

If anyone could take a few Supreme Spirit Elixirs once, his body would explode because of the overwhelming power intake. That means you could only take one elixir pill once and have next one a few months later. And you had to practice your cultivation very well in between. Because even if your spiritual power was one level up, it didn’t mean you were good at mastering it. That explained why cultivators at the same level of spiritual power usually differentiated in launching power.

“My physical condition is special.”

“What level was your great grandfather when he gave you the power?” Wu Ruo asked.

“Nine.”

“If he was nine, you must be more than nine, plus your own power. Am I right? Do you think you are a ten? But I have never heard that anyone could reach up to ten.”

Wu Ruo had no idea about of level nine because he had never met anyone who was around nine.

“There is no ten. When I get to a nine, I still need to expand my spiritual land to store more power so that I can maximize the power of the ultimate skills of my clan. All Ghosts Out at Night, for example. You witness the skill back in Gaoling City. The practice was not that perfect because of insufficient power. The real All Ghosts Out at Night could be very formidable. And it entails massive power to summon the top ghosts.” Hei Xuanyi explained.

“…” Wu Ruo went quiet and just stared at him.

“What’s going on?” Hei Xuanyi was confused.

“You…”

“Huh?”

“You have never talked so much to me before.” Wu Ruo said.

If he could have talked to him this much in last life, things between them would have been easier.

“…” Hei Xuanyi.

It was true that he didn’t talk much. But it didn’t mean that he refused to talk. He barely talked because there was no one he would like to talk to.

“I will talk to you more in the future.”

It was not a big deal at all but it just pinched Wu Ruo’s heart very hard. The pang was so obvious that he hugged Hei Xuanyi tightly. Yes, he did that. He buried his face into Hei Xuanyi’s shoulder and breathed in the smell belonged to him.

Hei Xuanyi seemed to feel a cold drop on his neck. Is he crying?

He was confused and panicked. As he was trying to figure out what to do, Wu Ruo choked, “don’t move. Don’t look at me or ask me anything.”

Even himself couldn’t understand why he felt so sad all of sudden.

“…” Hei Xuanyi.

A long time later, he could feel that Wu Ruo’s breath getting long and relaxing.

He separated him from his arms with extra care. There were tears on Wu Ruo’s eyelashes, which broke his heart. He kissed him on the tears tenderly and carried him in his arms all night.

Three days later after Wu Xi walked out on the street every day, finally it worked. Once she returned to the house, she shared the story that she met a strange man with Wu Ruo.

“The man looks a few years older than father. He is good-looking. Too bad that he is a lunatic. He rushed over and grabbed my arm once he saw me and claimed that my pendant belongs to him. He wants to have it back. He even calls me a thief. I stole his pendant.”

Wu Qianqing and Guan Tong looked at Wu Ruo.

“How did you explain to him?” Wu Ruo asked.

“I told him that my brother bought this pendant for me and it costs him five thousand taels of silver. If he doesn’t believe me, he can go to the shop to ask around. He will find if I am telling the truth or not.”

Wu Ruo nodded. According to his analysis, Wu Chenliu would come visit very soon.

As he expected, four hours later, Wu Chenliu came to apologize with a bunch of gifts since he had investigated the issue.

Wu Ruo told others to go back to their own rooms, leaving Hei Xuanyi and Hei Xin with him.

When Wu Chenliu was taken to the hall, he heard a servant reporting, “lord, lady, as I investigate, Xuanhai Academy is the best school in the Imperial City. But they only take students from noble families. Common students might be bullied at that school. But in any other school, I am afraid that Miss Wu Xi won’t learn much…”

The servant who led Wu Chenliu in interrupted Hei Xin, “lord, lady, the guest is here.”

Wu Ruo who had been listening to Hei Xin looked up at Wu Chenliu and stood up to welcome him, “please come in.”

Before Wu Chenliu came, he had already investigated the Hei family very well. Therefore he was not surprised that the lady was actually a man. But he was apparently astonished by their exceptionally beautiful appearance.

Although he had been told that the couple were fairylike beautiful, he assumed that it was just an exaggerated expression. But now as he saw them with his own eyes, he knew it was real. They were really that beautiful.