chapter 161: The Prime Minister's Birthday Banquet (3)

“Yes. It’s our first time to attend His Excellency’s birthday banquet. Hope you can understand if there is anything we don’t know.” Wu Qianqing said politely to the man.

“I knew it.” The man said proudly, “allow me, a person who have come for many times, to tell you things you might need to know. His Excellency was incanting to summon the God of Blessing in the formation, after he successfully summons the God, we should pray for blessing for him sincerely. If the God of Blessing is moved by our pray, he would give his blessing to the birthday man. His blessing varies every time. It could be a longer life or a stronger power, or a younger look as what happened just now. Not every pray succeeds.”

The man looked around and lowered his voice, “it’s good enough that one of the ten prays is successful. Otherwise, we wouldn’t be this happy.”

“Thank you for the information, senior.” Wu Qianqing thanked.

The man was so flattered by Wu Qianqing’s polite address.

At the moment, a girl in luscious pink dress went up to the platform, toward Wu Chenzi. The gold hairpin flowed along as she moved forward.

Wu Chenzi put his hand on the girl’s hand and turned to face the crowd so that the crowd had a good look at them. The girl was beautiful with her porcelain skin, slender lanceted eyebrows, a pair of sexy eyes, cute and pretty nose, pink cheeks and rosy lips. She was obviously confident and proud as if everyone was dwarfed in his eyes. No one in the world could be worth attracting her attention.

Wu Ruo’s heart sunk.

It was Wu Weixue, Wu Chenzi’s favorite granddaughter.

However, Wu Ruo laid her eyes on Hei Xuanyi in public and even shot a challenging signal to Wu Ruo.

A couple of days ago, she had learned that Wu Ruo didn’t die and even worse, he was the one who was more beautiful than her. She wished she could have him killed but she finally managed to control herself. That was why she later sent an invitation to Wu Qianqing and the family to attend the birthday banquet. Otherwise, Wu Qianqing wouldn’t be qualified to be invited to the banquet at all.

Thinking to this, Wu Weixue’s eyes were full of toughness. She had to get rid of the man who took away the man she was into.

She laid her eyes back on Hei Xuanyi and was so obsessed with his gorgeous face. She dressed up so lusciously especially for Hei Xuanyi today. The dress she wore today was the one that she would wear only when she had to go to the palace. But today she wanted to impress Hei Xuanyi. It was too bad that Hei Xuanyi wasn’t looking at her at all. All his attention was put on the man beside him. That irritated Wu Weixue so much that she wished she could ask her grandfather to kill Wu Ruo right on the spot.

Wu Ruo snorted. It was obvious that she was into Hei Xuanyi judging from her eyes.

He shot a stare at the man and snorted, “you are such a trouble.”

“…” Hei Xuanyi was confused. What did he do to upset him?

Wu Chenzi dismissed the crowd and told them to have a walk around the temple. Some went up to the tower, some went to the front yard to worship the gods, and others took a stroll.

Wu Ruo and Hei Xuanyi went to the front yard to pay a worship to the gods. They decided to stay where they were.

Guan Tong said after she finished worshiping, pointing a young man at distance, “Qianqing, is that Wu Yu?”

Wu Ruo and Wu Qianqing looked over. Wu Yu was having a fun time with others

Wu Qianqing frowned, “he gets along with those young men in the Imperial City only after a few months he left Gaoling town.”

He didn’t think it was a good thing.

Wu Ruo squinted. Just like last life, Wu Yu must have something to do with his brother’s missing. He had to talk to Hei Xuanyi and told him to keep an eye on him where he would go later.

“They haven’t found out what kind of person Wu Yu is yet. If they do, I bet they wouldn’t spend a minute with him.” Wu Xi snorted.

Wu Ruo sneered in mind.

The Wu family in the Imperial City were much more cruel and smarter than those in Gaoling. Would they hang out with Wu Ruo if there was nothing that they wanted in Wu Ruo?

Wu Yu sensed that he was being watched. He looked around and spotted Wu Ruo. He was surprised to see them but he didn’t go over to say hello. Instead, he looked back and continued to have a laugh with those young men.

“His family have died. How can he smile so big?” Wu Xi pouted,

“Xi.” Wu Qianqing warned her to stop.

Wu Xi made a face.

Hei Xuanyi suggested as someone was leaving, “let’s go.”

Wu Ruo nodded and left the temple with Hei Xuanyi.

Once they were quite far from the crowd, Wu Ruo whispered, “Hei Xuanyi, did you see the golden ray running through the State Master’s body when we prayed for blessings?”

“No, I didn’t.” Hei Xuanyi held his hand to prevent him from falling.

It was strange. Why didn’t he see it? Or was it only seen by the Wu family? Perhaps he would go ask Wu Xi later.

Since Wu Ruo was not speaking, Hei Xuanyi asked, “did you see it?”

Wu Ruo nodded, “but maybe I was mistaken.”

Hei Xuanyi frowned and didn’t say a word.