chapter 81: It's Great to See That You Are Fine (1)

Everyone was frozen on the spot and was wondering why Wu Ruo suddenly became so eloquent.

As they moved their eyes on Wu Ruo, they found that he had lost some weight! Although it was hard to tell how much weight he had lost due to the large cloak he was wearing, it was obvious that his face was much smaller, making his eyes look much bigger.

Wu Yu came to sense soon and exchanged an eye contact with Wu Xiao while he said, “Ruo, Xiao said mean things about Zhu because he was too worried about my father. Uncle, aunt, please do not take it wrong. Xiao, you are wrong about Wu Zhu. He told me that he was injured too and only got better after he took some medicine. Apologize now!”

Wu Xiao was 100% unwilling to apologize but forced to say, “I’m sorry. I said something mean because I was too worried about uncle. Please do not take it personally.”

Wu Zhu and Wu Qianqing looked a lot better.

Wu Qiantong said with an apologetic tone, “Sorry that my boy was being rude. I hope you wouldn’t mind.”

Wu Qianqing nodded as he gave it a look at Wu Xiao who was wearing a gloomy face, lips pursed, but didn’t say he would forgive him or not.

“You brat, go home with me.” Wu Qiantong shouted at Wu Xiao.

Wu Xiao left Shuqing Yard with his father, head down.

Wu Bai whispered as he passed Wu Zhu, “Zhu, it’s great to see that you are fine.”

Wu Ruo couldn’t help but gave a few more looks at Wu Bai on hearing that.

His youngest uncle Wu Qiantong had three kids. Wu Xiao, his eldest son, resembled a lot of Wu Qiantong. He was impulsive, grumpy, and didn’t use his head when doing things. Wu Yun, his daughter, was one month younger than Wu Xi, but was very spineless and weak. She usually hid behind her parents and brothers for shelter. Wu Bai, his youngest son was a bit naïve, maybe because he was too young. But he had never come back to Wu family after Wu Zhu and Wu Xi died in last life.

Wu Ruo guessed that Wu Bai left Wu family because he was ashamed of what Wu family did.

Wu Qianbin also brought his wife and kids and left not long after Wu Qiantong was gone.

Wu Ruo squinted as he watched them leaving.

Wu Qianbin, his fourth uncle, was the smartest of the five brothers. And his wife was very smart and capable too. Wu Ling, their eldest daughter, was currently taking training outside. She was 22 years old. However, as a daughter of a cultivating family, she could get married way later than ordinary girls, because the life span of cultivators’ daughters was usually longer and their appearance could stay young a bit longer as they had spiritual power. Besides, they focused themselves more on their future rather than marriage life, so they usually waited to get married about at age of 30. Wu Qing, the second daughter, reaching her 20, was going on training with Wu Zhu this year. Wu Shi, the youngest son, was a gambler both in last and this life.

Wu Yu made a ‘please’ gesture at Wu Qianqing, “Uncle, aunt, allow me to see you out.”

Wu Qianqing, Wu Ruo and others then also left with Wu Yu and ran into Wu Anyi who had just seen Wu Qiantong and his family out.

Wu Anyi only said “watch your steps’ to Wu Qianqing faintly and directly ignored Wu Ruo and others.

Wu Ruo sneered in his mind.

Out of his second uncle Wu Qianli’s four children, Wu Anyi, the eldest one, resembled a lot of his mother Chen Lanru. He was a proud man with high self-esteem, always thought he was a cut above others. No matter how hard others struggled, they could never catch up with him. Therefore, he had never bothered to pay attention to people like Wu Ruo who had no spiritual power at all or those with low spiritual power. Wu Yuan, the second daughter, was still on training but was married. Wu Ya, his third daughter, was the same age as Wu Ling. They were teaming up to be on training outside. As for Wu Yu…

Wu Ruo narrowed his eyes. Wu Yu was Wu Qianli’s youngest son. In last life, like Wu Zhu, he had always thought Wu Yu was a noble and decent man. But it turned out…

Wu Zhu was worried about Wu Ruo who seemed absent-minded, “Ruo, what’s on your mind?”

“I didn’t see uncle Qianjing and his family. So I am worried if they are feeling any better.” Wu Ruo came to senses and hurriedly made a lie.

Except the fourth child Wu Chu, Wu Qianjing had other four children. Wu Anqi the eldest son, Wu Min the second daughter, Wu Yu the third daughter, and Wu Hao the youngest son. Wu Hao was an outgoing boy. He usually hung out with his cousins from other courtyards and wouldn’t come back until curfew.

“I went to see uncle and aunt yesterday.” Said Wu Yu, “They are both looking rather haggard. The only thing they are obsessed with is going to great-grandfather’s yard to complain or making troubles in the North Courtyard. Not sure when this thing is going to be over.”

Wu Qianqing heaved a long sigh.

As far as he knew about his big brother, Wu Qianjing wouldn’t let it go unless one more life was taken.

“Yu, this is enough. We can see ourselves out.”

“Ok then. Uncle, aunt, Ruo, Xi, watch your steps.” Wu Yu stopped and watched them leave until they were out of sight. Then he murmured, “Why is Wu Zhu still alive?”