chapter 47: His Fate Has changed

In the carriage, Wu Ruo fed Ling Mohan with a few elixirs, felt his pulse and finally was relieved when he was sure that he was not seriously hurt.

At the time they arrived at Hei Mansion, the wound on Ling Mohan’s arm stopped bleeding and his face regained some red color.

Hei Gan carried him onto the bed in the guest room. Soon Ling Mohan woke up and saw a group of strangers by the bed. He sat up and backed off at a safe distance and asked both harshly and prudently, “Who are you?”

“We saved your life. You can stay here and heal your wound. If you need anything, just tell the servants. Of course, you can leave anytime you like.” Wu Ruo didn’t save him for kissing his butt. He left the guest room after he put a bottle of traumatic medicine on the table.

Ling Mohan exhaled and stared at the white medicine bottle for a while. If they meant to kill him, they would have done it while he was unconscious. They had no reason to wait for him to come around and also give him a chance to leave.

Covering the injured arm, he dragged his body to the doorway and opened the door to observe the situation outside. There were no guards in the yard except for a male servant who was cleaning the snow.

Before long, a servant who walked very slowly carried a box of food to his room and left after simply saying “eat”.

Ling Mohan hesitated in front of a box of steaming hot food but finally picked up the chopsticks.

On the outside, he had a minor wound on his arm but deep inside he was seriously injured. He couldn’t make it back to the imperial capital without an escort. Besides, his enemy must be ambushing him on the way back to the capital. Therefore, he would be basically committing suicide if he left here. Staying here and getting himself recovered would be the best choice.

Thinking of those people who wanted his life, Ling Mohan showed a murderous look. When he went back to the imperial capital, he would definitely tear them into pieces.

When Wu Ruo walked into the dining hall, he saw Hei Xuanyi watching Hei Xin doing divination with copper coins.

He was surprised. He never knew that Hei Xin knew the art of divination.

Wu Ruo approached and sat down quietly and asked when the divination was over, “What are you reading?”

It was just a random question that he didn’t expect an answer. But Hei Xin told him, “The lord asked me to foresee what the ritual of Wu Clan had foreseen today.”

“What have you got?” Wu Ruo was surprised that Hei Xuanyi kept that in mind.

“Not a clue. And there is no way to crack the problem.” Hei Xin shook his head.

Hei Xuanyi narrowed his eyes.

Wu Ruo only wished the entire Wu Clan would collapse. How would he ever care about if there was any solution of that?

“Break up with them.” Hei Xuanyi said suddenly.

“Break up with them?” Wu Ruo was confused.

But soon he understood what he was trying to say, “Are you worrying about my parents?”

Hei Xuanyi nodded.

Wu Ruo was touched that Hei Xuanyi cared about his family.

At the time he learned that Wu family was about to encounter a disaster, all he could think of was that the disaster would better be a big one. But it never came across his mind that his parents might be involved.

However, it was not easy to break away from the Wu family. Not to mention that Wu Bufang would never agree Wu children to leave the family, and his father who had been a filial son all life also wouldn’t agree to leave the family for no reason.

Wu Ruo went back to the backyard after lunch.

“My lord, ma’am’s fate has changed.” Hei Xin hurriedly said to Hei Xuanyi who was heading to the study.

“Really?” Hei Xuanyi frowned.

“Yes. His fate becomes very complicated and hard to tell.”

“How is that so?”

“I have no clue. But there is one thing I am sure of.” Hei Xin smiled, “His life is no longer a short one that used to be unchangeable.”