chaptet 121: Forgive and Forget' (1)

Wu Xia pursed his lips and greeted unwillingly after being silent for a while, “Brother Ruo.”

“Mm.” Wu Ruo nodded and was confused, “You are…”

“My father asked him to apologize to you after writing a self-criticism.” Wu Sheng explained.

“Say it.” He elbowed Wu Xia again.

It took Wu Xia a while to finally said in muttering voice, “Ruo, I am sorry for what I did on the ice racing day. I cared too much about winning and I was so competitive. And I was being petty not to let it go. Sorry for all the troubles I have caused to you. Sorry that I almost hurt you. Hope you can forgive me for everything I have done.”

Every Hungry Ghost Festival in past years, he and his friends would join the ice racing and bet money with someone. They would usually play dirty underground so that they would win the game and money, and finally they would go have a big meal and split the money.

But unexpectedly, this year they lost the game into a fat guy who had no spiritual power. He lost his dignity in front his friends. Therefore he swore to his friends that he would revenge. But since Wu Ruo didn’t come out of Hei Mansion since, he took it out on Wu Xi.

Wu Ruo could tell that Wu Xia didn’t mean it at all when he apologized since there was not a bit of sincerity. But it didn’t bother him that much, “It’s great that you know you’ve done something wrong. Hope you won’t do it again.”

“I promise that it won’t happen again. Since the entire South Courtyard and North Courtyard are going to have dinner tonight, I won’t ask you out for dinner alone. Let’s say tomorrow. We’ll make it at Zuiyue Restaurant. My treat as an apology. Deal. See you there.”

As if he was afraid that Wu Ruo would refuse, he dragged Wu Xia to leave right away.

Wu Ruo asked Wu Xi, “There is a dinner party for the two courtyards together?”

“Yes. Great grandfather invited all of us to Bujin Yard for dinner so that we can forget and forgive. I was going to tell you after class. But Wu Sheng said it first.” Wu Xi nodded.

Since it was nothing happy about, Wu Ruo didn’t bring Hei Xuanyi with him. He just sent a message to Hei Xuanyi saying that he was not going home to have dinner today.

On that evening, all family members from the South and North Courtyard went to Bujin Yard, even those who hadn’t recovered from the bewitched worms.

The juniors from the North Courtyard couldn’t help but laugh secretly when they saw people from the South Courtyard who had dark and swollen faces. However, North Courtyard wasn’t having a good time either.

After Wu Bufang found out the truth, he punished the North Courtyard seriously. Now they got seriously injuries all over. They had wounds either on their faces or legs, or arms. The minute they sat down on the chair, they started to groan for pain.

As a matter of fact, the North Courtyard was not happy about the whole thing because they had never thought to hire anyone to fight against the South Courtyard. But they came up with such a bad idea when they saw Wu Anyu’s friend Ba Se and his special talent. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be so stupid to give Wu Bufang the chance to track them down just because Ba Se was their guest.

They immediately pulled a long face once they saw each other. They sat on each side of the hall, glaring at each other.

It only went less tense when Wu Bufang arrived. He made both courtyards to swear a vow to not hurt each other any longer.

Since the South Courtyard had promised earlier, they vowed first. The North Courtyard was relieved because they were worried about the potential revenge. Therefore, they vowed willingly right after.

Wu Ruo smiled as he saw the two courtyards ‘forget and forgive’ finally.

“Bah! Such a cold-hearted man!” Wu Shi was outraged, although his body still ached, when he saw Wu Ruo’s smile, “You don’t deserve to be one of us.”

Their table was all seated by juniors. Now everyone else all was looking at Wu Ruo.

Wu Ruo stopped Wu Xi who was trying to defend him and said calmly, “I get it. Only those who frame others before finding out the truth can be qualified to be your family.”

“You…” Wu Shi would have turned the table if it hadn’t been for Wu Anyi who pressed Wu Shi’s hand.

Wu Anyi stared at Wu Ruo coldly and said, “Ruo, aunt and others were wrong to accuse you of something you didn’t do. But you should understand that they were too anxious. But you knew it very clear that they would die if you didn’t save them, but you still chose to stand by. That was your fault.”

Wu Ruo scanned all others who were glaring at him, “I am not a saint. I admit I don’t have such a big heart to help someone who accused me of murdering the whole family. Could you do it if you were me? If you could, you are a saint. But saints are known to be open-hearted. So I guess you can forgive me for not saving the family, right?”

“…” The crowd.

An Wu Ruo was almost full, he said to Wu Xi, “I’m full. I’m going now.”

Wu Xi didn’t want to stay with Wu Anyi and others one second longer. “I will see you out.” She followed Wu Ruo.

Their table was in a corner. So few people noticed it that they left.