chapter 77: Someone Tried to Kill Me (1)

As soon as they got into the carriage, Wu Ruo meant to persuade Wu Zhu not to accept Wu Yu’s proposal.

But Wu Zhu already took those words out of his mouth, “Ruo, Xi, I hope you wouldn’t tell mom and dad about it.”

If they knew, they would definitely object them joining this mission. But he did want to take the opportunity. Besides, he was a grown-up, he had the abilities to be responsible for making his decision and could support this family.

“…” Wu Ruo.

If he told Wu Zhu that it was a trap without any solid evidence, Wu Zhu wouldn’t believe that Wu Yu would set him up, after all, Wu Yu was doing all this out of a ‘good’ heart. How would he ever use such vicious plot against him?

Wu Xi was worried, “Big brother, you are new to this. I am worried about your safety.”

Wu Zhu rubbed her hair before the forehead, “Just because that I am new in this, I need to gain some experience. If I am not going just because of any possible danger, there is no need for me to go out for training. Because I would also meet all possible danger while I am doing that. Besides, I can’t spend all my life at home. Don’t you think so? Don’ t worry. I will protect myself.”

“Ruo, why are you not saying anything?” Wu Zhu asked Wu Ruo who had not said a word since they got into the carriage.

“You said everything. What else can I say?” Wu Ruo sighed.

Although he wished he could tell him that Wu Yu was planning to kill him because of jealousy, would they believe him?

“Are you also worried about me?” Wu Zhu smiled.

“Good that you know it.” Wu Ruo rolled his eyes.

Wu Xi shook Wu Zhu’s arm and played the woman, “Don’t go, please. We are worried about you.”

“You guys…” Wu Zhu smiled helplessly.

Wu Ruo’s eyes suddenly sparkled as something kicked in his mind. It might not be a bad thing for his big brother to go for the mission with Wu Qianbin and others. “I am worried about your safety. But I am fine with you teaming up with uncle Qianbin.”

“You don’t mind me taking the job?” Wu Zhu was surprised, brows puckered up.

“Mm.” Wu Ruo smiled, “Anyway, it is a good chance for you to learn experience for your future’s sake. You learn your lesson and won’t get yourself hurt again. How can I not agree?”

Wu Zhu was shocked but sensed that Wu Ruo meant something else.

An hour later, they arrived at Hei Mansion.

After Wu Ruo got out of the carriage, he asked Shiyuan to fetch his medical kit and then said to Wu Zhu and others, “Big brother, wait here. I’ve got a few things for you.”

“Ok. Great.” Wu Zhu and Wu Xi got out of the carriage too.

Wu Xi had a look inside the mansion, “Ruo, after you have been married for so long, I haven’t even had a chance to enter your mansion yet.”

Wu Ruo was a bit shocked. It was true that he had never invited his family over, not even in the last life, “Why don’t you stay here for lunch?”

“Mom and dad are waiting for us at home. Maybe next time.” Wu Xi shook her head.

“All right. I will invite you over some other day.”

Before long, Shiyuan walked out with Wu Ruo’s medical kit in his hand.

Wu Ruo picked a small bag with two tiny pills in from the kit and gave it to Wu Zhu, “on the day you go on the mission with uncle Qianbin, wear this little bag somewhere around your neck.”

Wu Zhu opened the bag and had a smell, but it had no herbal smell, “is it some sort of elixir?”

“It helps you refresh. You must wear it all the time before you come back. Otherwise, I’d tell on you.”

“I get it.” Wu Zhu wore the little bag around his neck, “Gotta go.”

Wu Ruo watched them get on the carriage and leave, and didn’t make a snort until they were out of sight.

Now he was pretty sure that Wu Yu was absolutely one of reasons why his big brother got killed in last life. But this time, Wu Yu’s plan was doomed to fail.

Wu Ruo’s eyes narrowed as he turned around and walked into the mansion.

In the hall, Hei Xuanyi was talking to Hei Gan about the work. As he saw Wu Ruo, he said faintly, “You are home.”

He stood up, moved to the door and held out his hand to Wu Ruo.

Wu Ruo froze there.

Shiyuan could guess what Hei Xuanyi was up to. He then put Wu Ruo’s hand onto Hei Xuanyi’s.

Hei Xuanyi took Wu Ruo to the dinner table with holding his hand.

Wu Ruo stared at Hei Xuanyi, feeling extremely flattered.

Why is this guy suddenly so warm-hearted to him?

Hei Gan seemed also surprised about Hei Xuanyi’s action, frozen there.

Hei Xuanyi then said to Hei Xin who was standing next to him, “Serve dinner.”

“Yes.” Hei Xin walked out of the hall with a smile on his face to tell the kitchen to serve dishes.

Hei Gan hesitated a bit and walked out with Hei Xin, and then stopped him, “Uncle Xin.”

“Yes?” Hei Xin turned around and asked.

“Nothing. It’s just about the master and the ma’am, you know.” Hei Gan said awkwardly.