chapter 76: You Are so Kind (2)

“Here is the thing. A few days ago, uncle Qianbin received an important mission which is worth 200 thousand tales of silver after it’s accomplished. You are not supposed to know this because of your father’s spiritual land…”

Wu Yu paused and then proceeded, “however, because of what happened in the theater, we have lost a lot of money. Therefore, we don’t have enough funds for each yard, meaning that Shuqing Yard may not even have the money to pay your servants’ salary. Therefore, I am thinking if you can go on the mission with uncle Qianbin. After all, you and Xi are the only ones that have spiritual power in Shuqing yard. But Xi is still too young to take on a mission, while you are different. Because you can earn money, improve your skills and accumulate experience, and also make it a part of your training.”

Wu Ruo sneered in his heart on hearing him.

He didn’t believe that his uncles would give them a share worth forty thousand.

Wu Zhu frowned.

Since his father was injured, Shuqing Yard received less income day by day. They were using his father’s savings. He had thought about taking some tasks to earn money for the family, but his father didn’t allow him to take jobs under the table.

Wu Xi pouted, “I want to go, too.”

She also wanted to share some burden for the family.

“Can you tell us more about the mission?” asked Wu Ruo.

“Well…” Wu Yu lowered his voice, “all I know is that we are about to hunt down a big demon. Because I was injured a few days ago and I am going to go training very soon, so my father doesn’t allow me to do it. Therefore, they didn’t tell me much about it.”

Wu Ruo almost guessed what kind mission it was when he was told it was a big demon.

“Oh really?” He sounded meaningfully.

Wu Yu had a feeling that he was being seen through. Out of guilty, he avoided Wu Ruo’s eyes. But thinking that how could such a loser see throught what he was thinking, so he calmed himself down, “The reason I suggest Zhu to take the job is because he is worried about the family even while he is about to go outside for training very soon. But it would be totally different if he can earn money from the mission. Your father’s financial problem is solved and Zhu will be worried less about the family then.”

“The question is, would uncle Qianbin approve me to go?” Wu Zhu said.

“I will try to convince them.”

“You are so kind.” Wu Xi smiled.

Wu Zhu also looked at Wu Yu with gratitude.

“…” Wu Ruo.

How can they not know Wu Yu is a hypocrite?

Wu Yu hurriedly changed the subject as Wu Ruo wouldn’t keep his eyes off him, “Zhu, Xi, your waist pendants are beautiful. Are they magic weapons?”

“Yes, Ruo gave us. I love it very much.” Wu Xi nodded excitedly.

“We should thank our uncles. Without their materials, there is no way we can make such beautiful magic weapons.” Wu Ruo spoke along.

“…” Wu Yu.

Why did he have a feeling that this damn fat guy was so different today than usual? As if he was hinting something else every time he talked. Was he being paranoid?

Wu Zhu said as most of the mourners left, “We should probably go too.”

Wu Xi agreed right away as she already wanted to leave.

“You go first. I have to wait for my brother.” Wu Yu smiled.

“All right. We need to send Ruo back home. So we are leaving now.”

Wu Yu watched them leave.

“Yu, why did you invite Wu Zhu to join the mission?” Wu Anyi, who had been eavesdropping behind the door of the hall, walked out with a gloomy face, followed by Wu Bai, Wu Shi, and Wu Xiao, the eldest son of Wu Qiantong.

“Wu Yu, you know you are basically giving forty thousand of silver to Shuqing Yard for nothing.” Wu Shi was angry.

“Is forty thousand of silver what you are looking for? If I tell you that this forty thousand of silver could buy Wu Zhu’s life, do you think if it is worth it?” Wu Yu sneered.

“Yu, are you saying…” Wu Anyi said seriously.

“No one can guarantee what would happen in a fight against a giant demon.”

Wu Shi understood what he meant right away and laughed, “Yes. It is common that human is killed by a demon as long as we…”

“Shi, keep it to yourself.” Wu Yu stopped him.

Wu Xiao stared at the gate of the hall, “In that case, it is worth it. See if they dare to show off in front of us, and wear magic weapons with them that are made of our materials.”

His father had promised that he could get a fancy magic weapon that would be made of Demolishing Sand. But Shuqing Yard borrowed it. And now they were wearing the magic weapons that were made of his Demolishing Sand and showed them off everywhere. It was frustrating!

Wu Bai was shocked, eyes wide open, “Are you…are you saying that…?”

Oh god!

His brothers are planning to kill his cousin.

Wu Yu put his index finger on his lips and shushed him, “Bai, promise not to tell anyone else.”

“…” Wu Bai.