chapter 56: He Is so God-favored (2)

Wu Qianbin then stopped Wu Qiantong for saying more, “Qianqing, it’s our fault. We will give back all the materials and magical weapons.”

“Steward Hei, you said that you caught my niece and my son. Where are they now?” Dong Mingji asked.

“I will let them go later.” Hei Xin smiled.

Dong Mingji snorted and left with her husband.

“Brother, why didn’t you let me finish?” Wu Qiantong asked.

Wu Qianbin’s face darkened, “Didn’t notice our grandfather looked very terrible already? If you went on, he might have asked the servants to drag you out and give you 100 spanks!”

Wu Qiantong still couldn’t convince himself, “Do we really need to return those magical weapons?”

Does it mean they lent their materials to him for nothing?

Wu Qianbin narrowed his eyes, “Take is easy. Grandpa said that we have to return the materials and magical weapons but he didn’t say now.”

“Are you saying…”

A cold light flashed in Wu Qianjing’s eyes, “He is saying that we can wave it and tell them that it would take some time to find those materials. Perhaps we can return one kind of those materials every half a year or maybe one year. In that case, he can get a few back even after 10 years.”

“That’s what I am trying to say. Qiantong, can you stop being so impulsive and use your brain?” Wu Xuanran said to Wu Qiantong while giving him a faint look.

Wu Qiantong was fully aware of his own impulsive temper. He wished he could change but he couldn’t because he was born so.

“But if we do that, won’t grandpa blame us?” Wu Qianli asked.

“Don’t forget our grandpa also took some of those betrothal gifts. As long as we don’t go too far and this wouldn’t reach into the ears of the Prime Minister, he will turn a blind eye like before.” Wu Qianjing sneered.

As Wu Bufang cared about his reputation so much, he wouldn’t allow Wu Qianqing to spread the scandal. He would come up with an idea to try to make Wu Qianqing and Hei family to keep their mouths shut.

“That’s great.” Wu Qiantong heaved a long sigh.

Wu Qianbin rolled his eyes at his younger brother who often made things worse than they already were. If he were not his own brother, he would have already ignored him, “We should go back and go return some cheap materials and magical weapons first.”

Not long after they left, Wu Ruo and the rest came out of the hall.

Wu Bofang suddenly shouted, “Qianqing, wait. I have something to say to you privately.”

“Yes.” Wu Qianqing then stopped.

Wu Ruo sneered. From what he knew about Wu Bufang, the reason he kept his father to talk in private was only ask him not to tell anyone what had happened today because he was worried about Wu family’s reputation. Pity that…

Thinking of this, he wore a meaningful smile.

At the moment, a servant rushed past them to the doorway of the hall, “Master.”

Wu Bufang who was about to comfort Wu Qianqing asked angrily, “What’s the matter?”

The servant approached and whispered, “The entire Gaoling Town is spreading the rumor that someone from our family stole Wu Ruo’s betrothal gifts.”

“What?” Wu Bufang narrowed his eyes, “What is going on? Who is spreading the rumor?”

Just now he was going to tell Wu Qianqing not to mention the matter to anyone else for the sake of his brothers. But now the entire Gaoling Town knew about it.

“It spread out from the gambling house. It was said it was huge. A lot of people were there.”

“Qianqing, you go first.” Wu Bufang said to Wu Qianqing who was still waiting aside.

Now that the secret was out, it was no use to let Wu Qianqing stay. The top priority was to press down the rumor.

“OK.”

Wu Qianqing walked out of Bujin Yard and saw that Wu Ruo and others were waiting for him, and sighed before they left, “Never expected that my own brothers would do such a thing to me.”

“Qing, don’t be sad.” Guan Tong comforted him.

Wu Qianqing smiled and then put it away, “For what I know about my grandfather and my father, I’m afraid it’s not so easy to let them to return the betrothal presents.”

His big brother and third brother would try their best to return the gifts as late as they could, while his grandfather wouldn’t allow him to spread the news.

Wu Ruo then said, “Father, there is always a way. Don’t worry. Oh right. How are you feeling now?”

Speaking of his health, Wu Qianqing showed a faint smile, “My spiritual dantian is recovering very well and I am able to generate spiritual power now. And I added Spirit-aggregation Herbs into my bath medicine and take one Spirit-cohesion Elixir every day. It is working very well. My guess is that I will be fully recovered in 49 days. But it might take longer to restore my original level of my cultivation.”

“That’s good news.”

As they were off to the South Courtyard, a young and arrogant man walked toward them. He had a pretty face, wearing a purple jade crown on the head, expensive sable cloak and finely embroidered boots, followed by over a hundred of bodyguards, totally someone that was hard to get close to.

The young man squinted at Wu Ruo and sneered, “What a fat guy!”

Then they walked past Wu Ruo and his people and moved toward Pujin Yard.

“He is Wu Yanlan, the youngest great-grandson of the Prime Minister’s.” Wu Qianqing whispered in his ear.

Wu Ruo’s eyes sparkled brightly. He was so god-favored!

He thought he would have to wait for a while before his uncles were forced to return all the betrothal presents. But now it was likely that they would return them all today.

Wu Ruo then whispered something into Shiyuan’s ear.

Shiyuan nodded and hurried to the central yard with Shiyou.