chaptet 120: What a Sin! (2)

“Can we stop blaming each other? Things have happened. The priority was figuring out a solution.” Liao Liuyan frowned.

“But no one knows any wizards except Wu Ruo. Qianli, how about you go to the wizard clan and hire one?” Ruan Lanru suggested.

“We all know that the wizard clan is surrounded by a protective miasma seal which is home to many bewitched worms. Outsiders would be easily killed without a guide before going in.” Wu Qianli shook his head.

“One more thing. The wizards’ personalities are peculiar. If they are willing to help, then you don’t have to cost anything, even if it takes their lives. But they probably won’t talk to you if they don’t feel like it, no matter how much you pay them.” Wu Qianbin added.

“Then…What should we do? We’d better beg Wu Ruo.” Dong Mingji cried.

“That bastard just made it clear that he didn’t want to save us. How can we beg him?” Mu Xiuwan roared.

“Does he really have the heart to watch us die?” Wu Anqi roared too.

“Don’t you ever mention Wu Ruo again. I don’t want to hear their names.” Wu Xuanran said loudly, looking at the silent Wu Bufang, “Father, you know a lot of people. You must know how to save us, right?”

Wu Bufang didn’t say a word.

Wu Xuanran thus was more confirmed that Wu Bufang must have a way to save them, “Father, please save them. You can’t watch them die.”

“I don’t know any wizards or Head Tame masters. But I do know a physician who once mentioned that he has a friend from Wizard clan. I am not sure if he would agree to help.” Wu Bufang sighed.

“Father, can you at least give it a try? Maybe it will work.” Wu Xuanran said.

The others all gave him a begging look.

“I can give it a try, but on one condition.” Wu Bufang said, frowning.

“Please tell.”

“After you are cured, you should no longer seek trouble for the North Courtyard.” Wu Bufang said seriously.

“Do you mean we just let it go about the bewitching worms thing?” Wu Xuanran asked angrily.

“You can rest assured about that. If I find out that it was really them, I will punish them and forbid them making more troubles. You can’t hurt the North Courtyard just like the way they did to you. Do you promise?”

None of the South Courtyard could let it go that easily but they had no choice right now.

“Ok. I promise.” Wu Qianjing said.

He didn’t want to lose his wife and son. The rest didn’t matter right now.

Seeing their big brother agree, the others could only nod at it.

“Very good. I will find a time for the two courtyards to make a vow together.”

Wu Bufang left right away and sent a letter to his friend.

Two days later when Wu Ruo came to the South Courtyard, he saw people smoking bugs every corner in the houses. All the houses were full of strong smokes as if they were on fire. The smoke was so strong that he could barely see them. Only Shuqing Yard was the same as usual.

“Ruo.” Wu Xi ran toward Wu Ruo and held his am, “I didn’t expect to see you today.”

“This is…” Wu Ruo asked, pointing at the smoke.

“Great grandfather told us to smoke the worms out with special powder and burn them all. Every other yard has the powder except for us. They said that we don’t need it since we are fine. They are unbelievable.” Wu Xi said angrily.

“It’s no big deal.” Wu Ruo had put anti-worm power around Shuqing Yard earlier. Those worms were impossible to get into Shuqing Yard now.

Seeing Wu Guo so calm, Wu Xi asked in whispers, eye rolled, “You have the special smoking powder, don’t you?”

“How is that possible?” Wu Ruo said.

“Why are you not worried then?”

“Because I applied anti-worm powder around our house. There is no way that any kinds of bugs or worms can get into Shuqing Yard.”

“Really? But why did you do that ahead?” Wu Xi asked with her eyes glazing.

“The wizard once told me how a Head Tamer dresses like. Therefore, the first time I met Ba Se, I could tell that he is a Head Tamer. Besides, he is a guest from the North Courtyard. Of course I will do some protective measures against him.” Wu Ruo explained half of the truth.

“Thanks to you, we are safe.” Wu Xi was relieved.

“Even if you are attacked by the worms, you would be fine. You got me. I will go get the wizard to cure you. Oh, right. Did they get rid of the bewitched worms?”

“Not yet. But they already couldn’t get out of the bed. But I heard that great grandfather has hired a wizard to cure them.”

It was too bad, Wu Ruo thought, that they could survive from a bewitched worm attack.

When Wu Xi and Wu Ruo arrived at school, someone suddenly called, “Ruo.”

They looked back. Wu Sheng and Wu Xia were approaching.

Wu Ruo raised his eyebrows, “Brother Sheng.”

What a miracle that they said hello to him first.

Wu Xia shot a hard stare at Wu Ruo and then looked away.

Wu Sheng elbowed Wu Xia, “Say hello.”